Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM

Default Blaser Shotguns

Anyone have a Blaser O/U or SxS shotgun? Thinking about possibly getting one next year if I can find a dealer.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnM View Post
Anyone have a Blaser O/U or SxS shotgun? Thinking about possibly getting one next year if I can find a dealer.
I think that Cambodian Tire at Southland Drive and Macleod Trail Calgary may be a Blaser dealer. I think that TSE used to be a dealer as well..
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 AM

These dealers are all listed on FN Sports homepage. FN distributes Blaser in Canada.

http://www.fnsports.com/en/dealers.php
Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 AM

Unfortunately just because they are a wholesaler to the gun shops doesn't mean all those retailers carry Blaser. I've never seen a Blaser for sale at WSS, Canadian Tire, Shooters Edge, Proline, etc.

Would be nice to see what they may be selling for retail.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately just because they are a wholesaler to the gun shops doesn't mean all those retailers carry Blaser. I've never seen a Blaser for sale at WSS, Canadian Tire, Shooters Edge, Proline, etc.

Would be nice to see what they may be selling for retail.
I think a lot of us would like to take a look at one.

The article on the new Blasers in Shotgun Sports magazine last winter describes all kinds of neat adjustments to fit the gun to the shooter.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
I think a lot of us would like to take a look at one.

The article on the new Blasers in Shotgun Sports magazine last winter describes all kinds of neat adjustments to fit the gun to the shooter.
I like the idea of having a gun that was designed and made in Germany vs. the Italian or English guns. It is a tight looking design and I've read they point like a laser.

Expensive though for sure...
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM

You could give John at Wolverine a shout, he can get that stuff, but, finding a stocking dealer in Canada is liable to be unlikely, better odds down south. I have a rifle coming from Germany thru him at present. Straightforward to deal with, priced competitively with the US sources. Tough to choose from what is available over there, having enough loot for one of each would cure that problem. I went with a Kreighoff as they would build it the way I wanted it, didn't like the Blaser lockup method, pesky to load, but it is strong. And I liked the idea of the K-gun's decocker setup.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM

Decocker set up? (Too many jokes there to get into right now...)

Krieghoff makes a sweet looking O/U for sure. I've always wondered if they can back up the looks with quality. I guess you don't get to charge that much without providing quality for sure.

The F3 looks like a very strong design, and the fact that there's no difference in the action between their lowest end to highest end excecpt the engraving. I've seen one in action on youtube and it doesn't look hard to load at all.

Clay at Prophet will import a shotgun from the US for $150 and adding that to a ~$6600 shotgun isn't a big deal. I just want to take a chance to handle one before I lay down my retirement fund.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Expensive though for sure...
not to derail a shotgun chat, but on the rifle side, the entry level rifles are the same cost as a 'custom' rig. $3500-5000ish. on gunboker
personally i like the feel and swing, the bolt action, but the safety mechanism loses big points with me.
a buddy has one and it is a very impressive machine.
quality has no substitute.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Clay at Prophet will import a shotgun from the US for $150 and adding that to a ~$6600 shotgun isn't a big deal. I just want to take a chance to handle one before I lay down my retirement fund.
I have not seen Kreighoff, Kolar, Blaser, Zoli, Perazzi and all the other high end stuff in any retail store in any quantity for several years. Most of the big stores claim that there is no money in high end stuff. They make more off the meat and potatoes, beer buget buyers. Most of the high end buyers want custom fit and spec guns sit on the rack long enough to get damaged and stained by slobber. When the customer finally decides that is what he/she wants he/she orders from a fellow shooter who has an import licence and no overhead. The only shooter who I ever saw recently who had demo guns was Luther Cutts who was a dealor for Kolar, Zoli, and Kreighoff. Other than his own shootin iron, I think that Luther no longer keeps any demos on hand. No money in high end epec guns.

If I was in the mood for something really special, I would take a shooting holiday to someplace like Texas and then come back and pay the importer.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
I have not seen Kreighoff, Kolar, Blaser, Zoli, Perazzi and all the other high end stuff in any retail store in any quantity for several years. Most of the big stores claim that there is no money in high end stuff. They make more off the meat and potatoes, beer buget buyers. Most of the high end buyers want custom fit and spec guns sit on the rack long enough to get damaged and stained by slobber. When the customer finally decides that is what he/she wants he/she orders from a fellow shooter who has an import licence and no overhead. The only shooter who I ever saw recently who had demo guns was Luther Cutts who was a dealor for Kolar, Zoli, and Kreighoff. Other than his own shootin iron, I think that Luther no longer keeps any demos on hand. No money in high end epec guns.

If I was in the mood for something really special, I would take a shooting holiday to someplace like Texas and then come back and pay the importer.
Perazzi Canada has demos and will be at the Canadian trap shoot this year in Edmonton. But going to a big shoot in the US would be better.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
Perazzi Canada has demos and will be at the Canadian trap shoot this year in Edmonton. But going to a big shoot in the US would be better.
Yep, but why are they not available at WSS or Cambodian Tire?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yep, but why are they not available at WSS or Cambodian Tire?
No opp rods o-rings and they don't come in camo or have any plastic except for the beads.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
No opp rods o-rings and they don't come in camo or have any plastic except for the beads.
In my previous life I have owned 5 different models. Now I am on beer buget with Browning doubles and Beretta autos.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
In my previous life I have owned 5 different models. Now I am on beer buget with Browning doubles and Beretta autos.
I have been keeping my pop can money and selling off kids to get a new MX-2005.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
I have been keeping my pop can money and selling off kids to get a new MX-2005.
You must be a very serious trap shooter. In my younger life I was more serious and bought P guns and Ljutics. That came to an end because I really could not afford it and raise a family. Now that I can afford it, my desire is more towards just having fun and my pop can money goes towards lesser guns and wheel weight shot. In spring and summer between sporting, trap and skeet, I sometimes burn a flat a week.