Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Default If you like YOUR Guns or just shooting in general..click here!

Please watch the video in the link below...

Benchrest, 3 gun, skeet, trap, hunters and plinkers or if you enjoy the sport of shooting we all need to stay active against the anti gun crowd.. THE FIGHT IS NEVER OVER...

https://youtu.be/ZMoqbMTIs6w

Not political in nature...but.....
Old 02-08-2019, 06:18 PM

Remember to thank all your gunny buddies right here on this very forum who applauded very loudly when Harper lost the election...... not all threats come from without some are right in this very room.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Remember to thank all your gunny buddies right here on this very forum who applauded very loudly when Harper lost the election...... not all threats come from without some are right in this very room.
X2
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
We all make mistakes...
Lets not make another...
Old 02-08-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
X3
Old 02-08-2019, 07:01 PM

I think the biggest hurtle is going to be getting the firearm community as a whole to care. Many people have no interest or care at all about RPAL firearms and won't care until its too late. Another huge hurtle will be party loyalties.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:37 PM

We all must understand a firearm is a firearm whether shotgun or pistol..they may start out with handguns and blackrifles, but apon 10 mins worth of history research shows us it will not stop there..

We need to band together as a community of shooters and say NO to any political or anti agenda that lies about facts and stats on gun crime..

Iam sure most of us enjoy shooting..whether it is game or targets and that is a starting point..
Old 02-09-2019, 06:17 AM
Banned

IMO, I think Canada will eventually become like Australia or ban all guns within the next 100 yrs. Reasons are: Canada doesn't have a really big group of people defending gun owning privileges like in America, doesn't have a 2nd amendment like in America, urban population will go up = more ignorant people wanting to ban all guns cause it scares them, more in urban population = most likely to vote left leaning agendas i.e. more likely to ban guns.

That's what I think will happen. The majority of Canadians will eventually vote in a government that will ban all Guns in Canada with the exception to the very powerful/rich, protected classes, or criminals. All this, so we can show the entire world that we're different from Americans
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 AM

I have no use for some types of firearm, and I believe that some of the users of some types of firearms actually hurt the image of shooters , but I still support Canadians being able to own these firearms. The anti gun crowd is counting on firearms owners to not support each other, so they can ban one type of firearm at a time, with minimal opposition from the firearms owners.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:19 AM

If every shooter took one or two non shooters out for a day of shooting each year we would enlighten a lot of people in a short time.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
If every shooter took one or two non shooters out for a day of shooting each year we would enlighten a lot of people in a short time.
Also we need to take a moment to explain to anyone and everyone who doesn't understand exactly what Rob means when he says legal gun owners are the safest and most vetted group in the country. Most people don't have a clue.

Colin
Old 02-09-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
X2 Happened with myself, my son and a few others. Father in law and his friends took us out to do some skeet (clay pigeon) shooting, all controlled environment. Was so much fun and we look forward to doing this 2 times a year.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I do this all the time...Most anti gun people are merely uneducated about firearms and safety. Once that fear is taken care of through education the fear disappears and the curiosity sets in...
Old 02-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colroggal View Post
Also we need to take a moment to explain to anyone and everyone who doesn't understand exactly what Rob means when he says legal gun owners are the safest and most vetted group in the country. Most people don't have a clue.

Colin
Correct me if Iam wrong but I was told if you are an RPaL holder your name is run through the RCMP database once a day..If a charge and conviction appears you are no longer eligible..

Second hand info..btw..
Old 02-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
Correct me if Iam wrong but I was told if you are an RPaL holder your name is run through the RCMP database once a day..If a charge and conviction appears you are no longer eligible..

Second hand info..btw..
And that is likely about as accurate as most second hand info is. More like the database is consulted when a firearm changes hands, or is found or recovered, or when someone is arrested, or is suspected of a crime involving firearms. With over two million licenced firearms owners in Canada , there would likely be a million RPAL holders, so that would mean a million inquiries every day, while even the RCMP only claimed a maximum of less than 10,000 inquiries to the firearms database on a daily basis, when they tried to justify the long gun registry.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:41 PM

CPIC is a repository for new charges being filed against people and flags it if you have a PAL or RPAL. Then the CFO can see it by running a report when doing renewals or new applications, and any other time they have a reason to look to see if there is anything there about you. Then they have to evaluate what the charge was, and investigate if you were convicted from there.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And that is likely about as accurate as most second hand info is. More like the database is consulted when a firearm changes hands, or is found or recovered, or when someone is arrested, or is suspected of a crime involving firearms. With over two million licenced firearms owners in Canada , there would likely be a million RPAL holders, so that would mean a million inquiries every day, while even the RCMP only claimed a maximum of less than 10,000 inquiries to the firearms database on a daily basis, when they tried to justify the long gun registry.
Makes sence....I stand corrected..
Old 02-09-2019, 01:25 PM

This has been moved to where?
Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yes this is a great idea, to get people involved. My father got me into plinking many years ago and it always stuck with me, all of my family are hunters.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
There is a heavy left presence here for sure.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-10-2019, 06:32 AM

Ok, so what are the actionable items we should be doing to defend our rights?
Vote Conservative.
Get an RPAL.
Take a non-shooter out shooting.
Anything else?
Old 02-10-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
Vote Conservative.
Get an RPAL.
Anything else?
Join a range , or at least clean up after yourself if you shoot in the wilderness.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
Vote Conservative.
Get an RPAL.
Anything else?
How about joining and supporting an organization that actively defends your privilege to own guns...
Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 AM

We do need to stop the Right/Left mentality, it creates divisions and that is exactly what they want..

Lib/Con are merely puppets for a larger agenda..
Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 PM

So will this storage be only for restricted firearms or for non-restricted as well?

Sorry I briefly skimmed through C-71 and there is no mention of central storage for firearms that I came across.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:43 AM

The U.N. has a mandate to eliminate all personal firearms....worldwide.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:35 AM

Question

Quote:
We do need to stop the Right/Left mentality, it creates divisions and that is exactly what they want.
x2

Hot button social issues like gun control, abortion, trans rights, etc... are used to divide the electorate. Not saying that these issues are not central to the rights and freedoms of many of us, but they encourage us to buy into a suite of ideologies.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylverCANADA View Post
So will this storage be only for restricted firearms or for non-restricted as well?

Sorry I briefly skimmed through C-71 and there is no mention of central storage for firearms that I came across.
Central storage is what Minister Bill Blair is saying the larger urban centre's are asking for during his mandated quest for information on the feasibility of a Handgun and supposed assault rifle ban,it's not included in Bill C-71.
You know ,the one where he was holding public non-public town hall meetings that are by invite only ,attended by Liberal Party members mostly[aside from the one in Owen Sound] as far as I know.
Which certainly wouldn't be biased or have a tendency to lean one way,would it?
Old 02-14-2019, 11:11 AM

Default clays

Got my own clay machine and enjoy shooting my old Wingmaster pump 12 gauge.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
How about joining and supporting an organization that actively defends your privilege to own guns...
For sure, there is strength in numbers.
The main ones are CCFR, NFA, and CSSA.