Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-14-2008, 08:21 PM

Default Bow Comparison

I now this is a common theme in a lot of threads but I've been thinking of a new bow and I've narrowed it down to two choices. Bowtech guardian and Martin Pro X Firecat. Both really fast and quiet and very light. Does anybody have experience with either bow. I know Bowtech bows are excellent but I don't have any experience with Martin. The price is nice on the Martin, it's almost half of the Bowtech. Same quality or not?????????Thanks for the advice.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:31 PM

Default Guardian

Can't say anything bad about the Martin because I have never shot one.

I own a Guardian and really like it. I have owned the Allegiance, Tribute and now Guardian and of the three it is my favorite. Not the fastest of the three but really nice to shoot. I like the small grip it really helps me to not torque my shot. It is the quietest of the three bows also. Little to no maintenance on these bows other than keeping your string in good shape.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:03 PM

I started with a Martin 20 years ago, I haven't had much to do with them since. They are OK. I traded my way up to a Mathews over the years and I would never go back. Quiet, light, short, and deadly accurate. Good luck in with your new bow.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Hoochie Papa

The way I see it, if you like the feel of both of them equally, price is the deciding factor. If you had a $4 can of Coke, and a $1 can of Pepsi in front of you, which would you take?

And Martin is a great name that has been around for a very long time.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchwhitey View Post
I now this is a common theme in a lot of threads but I've been thinking of a new bow and I've narrowed it down to two choices. Bowtech guardian and Martin Pro X Firecat. Both really fast and quiet and very light. Does anybody have experience with either bow. I know Bowtech bows are excellent but I don't have any experience with Martin. The price is nice on the Martin, it's almost half of the Bowtech. Same quality or not?????????Thanks for the advice.
I own a BowTech Guardian and a Martin MOAB. The MOAB has the exact same riser/limbs as a Firecat.....only the cams are different. The quality is good on the Martin but not up-to that of the BowTech..................like you say.....the Martin is half the price of the BowTech................both bows will shoot 300's. Have you actually handled both of these bows? BTW...the Firecat is considerably lighter and faster than the Guardian. Only a difference of 1/8 inch in BH.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 PM

I have tried the guardian but not the martin. Didn't have enought time. Kinda wish I did so I could get in on the deals at the sportsman show if I like it.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:35 PM

I tried the guardian and allegiance and prefered the allegiance. Smoother draw cycle to me and faster to boot. Also tried a few others and narrowed it down to the allegiance or apa black mamba x2, probably have to make a decision in the next week or two when I get the old tax return back. Sorry can't comment on the martin as I have not ever used one. Other ones I would try if I were you before deciding include the diamond marquis, hoyt katterra, & PSE X force dream season, probably a few more out their as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 AM

There is an APA black Mamba x2 for sale on bowzone for 650 it is only a year old and with new strings the guy says
Old 04-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Any one out ther with a Hoyt Vectrix? How are they?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce1 View Post
Any one out ther with a Hoyt Vectrix? How are they?
I have one and love it.If you don`t like a heaver bow it might not be for you.It just feels right,the weight helps me hold on target better.Never had a problem with it,hunted with it for last season and love it.If i was you try different styles and weights,Single cam,Hybred cam as many as you can.Just don`t go cheap.I belive you get what you pay for an its different for everyone.Vectrix is a smooth drawing,nice shooting bow to me,but i would also look at a mathews or the Pse mach x.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:32 PM

I shoot a 07 Martin Cheetah.. The price was really good for getting back into bowhunting and its very accurate and very smooth with the M-pro cam.. I'm as accurate as anyone at the range and nailed my first Elk. I love the quality of this bow and will most likely buy another Martin.. Slayer X or the Firecat X.. Just because the price is lower doesn't mean it isn't any good. I am impressed with all bows that are out there, I went 16 years with out shooting and the quality is high on most products that are out there (except Hostage arrow rest.. now use Trophy Taker).. Buy whatever and shoot it and be proud!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 AM

I shoot a bowtech gaurdian. It is very fast and accurate aswell as a very quiet bow. It is on the heavier side but it has been a great bow. Got it from Red Deer Archery Centre.......service there is second to none. Sorry, don't know much about Martin bows.
Marco
Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCreek View Post
I shoot a bowtech gaurdian. It is very fast and accurate aswell as a very quiet bow. It is on the heavier side but it has been a great bow.........
And far less vibration than any Hoyt I ever shot.