Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2019, 02:58 PM
Banned

I don't think this has been mentioned.. Curtis Lazar. Why bring him up to sit in the press box? They are headed home this afternoon I am sure. Why not have him meet the team in Calgary? The Heat was in California...

Also, what does this do for sending him back to the minors. Highly doubtful he will clear waivers again. Is he being brought up as trade bait or do they think he can stick with the team?

I find it all kinda confusing.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I don't think this has been mentioned.. Curtis Lazar. Why bring him up to sit in the press box? They are headed home this afternoon I am sure. Why not have him meet the team in Calgary? The Heat was in California...

Also, what does this do for sending him back to the minors. Highly doubtful he will clear waivers again. Is he being brought up as trade bait or do they think he can stick with the team?

Hard to say
I assume Czarnick got the call because he has practiced with the team. But I am hopeful that Lazar shows we’ll this time around. You could be right, somebody may be looking at him.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I could forgive him for a lot if that happened..... I'm not really feeling it though.
I'll send you a cheque
Old 02-16-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
I'll send you a cheque.

....no, not necessary. I really hope you are right, truly. I want to like Smith, and see him turn into a Marc Andre Fleury during the playoffs, right? And while we are at it, we can wish that James Neal would suddenly turn into that playoff guy too....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
....no, not necessary. I really hope you are right, truly. I want to like Smith, and see him turn into a Marc Andre Fleury during the playoffs, right? And while we are at it, we can wish that James Neal would suddenly turn into that playoff guy too....

Related article...
"Neal finding ‘Real Deal’ form could be all the boost team needs"...
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...st-team-needs/
Old 02-16-2019, 04:57 PM

Real Deal threw a body check, for the first time this season in that game against Florida, and hurt himself. I dont think we should place any faith in that guy. You cant not do anything for so long and then come out and be some kind of force.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:

He definitely wouldn't clear waivers, he'd be a first line stud in Edmonton. I believe he doesn't have to go through waivers if he plays less than 10 games or is with the team for less than 30 days. Guessing he didn't play because of no practices with the team, i wanna see how he will slot in as well, hopefully he can turn his nhl game around.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Banned

I get the no practice thing. But why fly him all the way across the continent just to fly back to Calgary???

I dont understand the whole thing..

Watching the Van game.. Cheering hard for them right now.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:37 PM

Yep. Markstrom looking very good so far, hopefully he steals the game like he did against the Flames...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-16-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I get the no practice thing. But why fly him all the way across the continent just to fly back to Calgary???

Another forward banged up a bit, game time decision?

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 02-16-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Real Deal threw a body check, for the first time this season in that game against Florida, and hurt himself. I dont think we should place any faith in that guy. You cant not do anything for so long and then come out and be some kind of force.
I didn't even know he wasn't playing till I read this post.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Is it because neal got injured and there extra fwd czarnik had to jump in? Not sure if that's right just spitballing. That doesn't even make sense now that i think about it.....

Last edited by Jigger; 02-16-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:26 AM

Pretty sure that there's no limit on roster size after the trade deadline.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
HAHa good call, wonder if that would be a legit complaint to the NHL regarding the crappy day games, promoting day drinking.

Flames good pace so far, whoop goal as I type
judging by some of his comments on the other thread, i think maybe he drinks 24/7!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
judging by some of his comments on the other thread, i think maybe he drinks 24/7!
3 pages of hockey discussion since my post and that's all you have to comment on?
Old 02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
3 pages of hockey discussion since my post and that's all you have to comment on?
just sayin!
Old 02-17-2019, 03:20 PM

Sounds like Smith is starting tomorrow, it's looking like the starter position has swung again. So that being said and with trade deadline approaching, with us possibly trading for say Jimmy Howard, does this mean BSD is the one on the block? Not Smith like we all thought prior to all star break??
Old 02-17-2019, 05:21 PM

You trying to give me nightmares Rig Rat??

Keep Rittich, Smith gets a gold watch, Tre gets a stud #1...life is good. (but not Howard.....)...

Who has Tre's #, wanna talk to him about this! Before he makes a mistake!

Old 02-17-2019, 06:55 PM

LOL just throwing it out there, I agree Howard is not our solution. I say roll with what we have for a GT rest of the way, then off season go for a solid starter.
I think Howard would be a lateral move and no benefit, i also hope we don't gamble away our first round pick for a rental. Man we need another Kipper or Vernon.
Why can't Vancouver do us one favor and stop the Sharks? Why?

Side note just got home from a Midget AAA game and dang that's good hockey..
Old 02-18-2019, 09:23 AM

I don't like this throwing Smith out there against Florida, Arizona, Detroit and then starting Rittich against Tampa, San Jose, etc. and then saying Smith is playing just as well as Rittich cause he has 3 win in his last 4 or some nonsense.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 AM

Happy Family Day fellas!

Game day today! Flames vs Coyotes at 2pm. I thought about taking the little ones to the game and was looking for some cheap tickets this AM but apparently they are hard to come by.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:43 AM

Yes, thanks for the heads up about the game...that was the excuse I needed not to work today!

It's also -32 here, so not really hard to find excuse to stay home.

Anyway, Go Flames! Another two points today, back in win mode, keep it rolling!

As an aside, how about those Blues, did they ever get their season back on track!! Ten straight wins, they are in Monster form now! I was having trouble understanding their struggles, when you look at their line up....looks like they have it squared away now. I think they are going to be trouble......

Old 02-18-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, thanks for the heads up about the game...that was the excuse I needed not to work today!

It's also -32 here, so not really hard to find excuse to stay home.

Anyway, Go Flames! Another two points today, back in win mode, keep it rolling!

As an aside, how about those Blues, did they ever get their season back on track!! Ten straight wins, they are in Monster form now! I was having trouble understanding their struggles, when you look at their line up....looks like they have it squared away now. I think they are going to be trouble......
When you looked at their lineup you must not have clicked on the little "G" tab near the top....
Old 02-18-2019, 10:34 AM

He certainly hasn't been any worse than our G tab........and arguably they have a stronger D core. I just couldn't see them being that far down in the standings.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:36 AM

Default Flames

Anyone know if Lazar is playing today?

I see the oilers have put Manning on waivers today. Did they not just trade an asset for him a short while ago?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:05 AM

I hope our D is stronger in front of the net today, need to make that area very uncomfortable for the other team. To many screened goals lately.
I'm getting all my running around done now so I can sit back and watch yet another mid day game. Not digging this schedule.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post

I see the oilers have put Manning on waivers today. Did they not just trade an asset for him a short while ago?
another of their mind busting decisions.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:45 AM

line up looks the same as last game from what i can see.

Chicago traded Manning to Edmonton for Caggiula, who happens to be playing with the first line with Toews and Kane

Quote:

Old 02-18-2019, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

No Lazar today... Really weird... I would have liked to watch him. The guys attitude is amazing. I hope he can find a place to play.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Flame

Quote:
No Lazar today... Really weird... I would have liked to watch him. The guys attitude is amazing. I hope he can find a place to play.
Yup, would sure like to see him do well, this time up.
Sounds like no Brody today