Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM

Default aqua view help

i have an older style aqua view.the one with the 7" monitor in the blue case that i bought refurbished from the reel doctor cause my old original black one with the little 3" monitor bit the dust one day.anyway it worked fine till the battery it came with crapped out so i bought a new 12 volt battery from radio shack(total rip off) cause i needed one on route to the cabin fishing for a few days.its only a year old an it worked fine a month ago but all of a sudden it turns on an is somewhat clear for about 15 seconds an then the screen goes grey but yet the green light is on,on the camera..really not sure what to do here cause im gettin frustrated an went on a trip for two days on the ice an discovered this 10 mins into the trip..I WANT MY CAMERA TO WORk DAMMIT!!!!HELP AND OPINIONS PLEASE!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:10 PM

First, check all your connections also make sure they are on the right poles. If you can, borrow someones battery to hook it to to see if its the battery.

If it is the battery, buy a new one.

If its the monitor take back and have fixed, or buy a new one.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 AM

I have the Aqua-Vu XL, it's at least 5 or more years old. Occasionally when I turn it on the picture starts cloudy more like fuzzy, then there's days when it's first turned on it's clear then 5-10 min later it goes cloudy/fuzzy while the green light is "On" & the battery is fully charged. Mine has a poor internal connection, so I give it a good thump on the right side & it clears up and works fine again for 4-5 days, then the bugs come back & same old.

Under normal operation, when it's clear it will work for 4 or so hours, then the monitor will turn dark from both left & right center before the red light goes on to tell you the battery's done. It's been doing this for 2 years now, that's why I bought a Marcum 825C, & the Aqua is my back up.

I imagine you've already called the Reel Doc with your concerns & his warranty must have expired otherwise he would fix it for you. Their normally pretty good on after sales service on their own products.

If it's not the new battery or battery connections, yours may have a poor internal circuit or loose connection similar to mine ... last resort give it a solid thumping but don't break it! If it totally dies on you .... back to the shop for repairs or upgrade to a Marcum and Kijiji yours for parts.

For those of you who are considering buying a spare/replacement battery, I was in the Reel Doc's shop in Edm last week & he was selling a brand name 12V 7.5 amp for $23. Cdn Tire have them for $30. & the Fishin Hole was about $35. for the same or similar battery.

Wish you all the best .... let us know how you make out.

Zip...

Old 02-15-2013, 05:02 PM

Default reel doctor

sounds like your battery is toast, not holding a charge. i agree with the above comment, check your battery, or buy a new battery and try it out. reel doc has batteries on sale right now. i was there the other day.

i as well have boughten several things at the reel doc and the after service is great, if i have any problems i just call and he tells me how to fix it. If y ou only bought it a year ago i'm sure he'd do something for ya, warranty wise. have you talked to him yet or taken it back in?