Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default Changed parallax on my scope

Ive been researching parallax for a bit now and have just picked up a CZ455 .22 and had a VX III 3.5-10 laying around. Did some google action, learned a few things, set it up on a 50 yard target and changed the parallax from 100 yards to 50. Soooo happy to have a good scope on the new .22
Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 PM

Okay, I'll bite, how did you change the parallax.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
IIRC the VariX111 has side parallax adjustment?
Maybe the OP adjusted it accordingly ?
Cat
Old 02-16-2020, 01:24 PM
Banned

Mine is not adjustable with a knob on the scope
Old 02-16-2020, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Find a target that is 50 yards away, or what ever distance you want it set to, remove the bell end piece, mine is about 1/2 thick. It’s hard to get off. That cap actually screws onto the objective lens mount that will screw in and out once the cap is off.. look through the scope at the target and move your head from side to side and the target will move on the cross hairs. I screwed the objective out 1/8 of a turn at a time until the target no longer moved when I moved my eye from side to side, about one full turn out. Make sure you dont go out to far as the objective mount has the o ring that holds the gas in., there thats all. Move it back in the full turn to put it back to 100 yards. Most of the name brands work like this except Burris, basically any of them with a ring on the end of the bell. Disclaimer,,,,this worked for me, enter at your own risk

Last edited by Triggerfish; 02-16-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:48 PM

I thought it might be something like that. Your scope so it is up to you but personally, I would send it to Korth and have them do it. Odds are pretty high that you lost the Nitrogen fill when you removed the cap and moved the lense. Hope not.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
I thought it might be something like that. Your scope so it is up to you but personally, I would send it to Korth and have them do it. Odds are pretty high that you lost the Nitrogen fill when you removed the cap and moved the lense. Hope not.
I did not remove the lense, i only turned it about one turn, you can feel the o ring staying tight. I am 100% confident i did not lose the nitrogen. This is exactly what Korth would do, there is only danger if you try to go below 50 yards on some models, it is the only way that it can be done.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:02 PM

It is a fairly straightforward task.
The objective end of the scope is threaded inside. There is a lock ring with 2 notches that are 180 degrees apart. Make a tool to remove the lock ring.
Once the lock ring is removed then you will be able to adjust the objective lense.
I have adjusted several scopes that I use for shooting at 10m airgun match targets. You can't hit a bullseye the size of the period at the end of this sentence unless the parallax is adjusted perfectly. And even if the scope came with AO from the factory it is always a bit off or won't adjust low enough.
On higher end scopes I would probably follow Dean's advise. If they found out you fiddled with it yourself you probably wouldn't have a warranty.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
It is a fairly straightforward task.
The objective end of the scope is threaded inside. There is a lock ring with 2 notches that are 180 degrees apart. Make a tool to remove the lock ring.
Once the lock ring is removed then you will be able to adjust the objective lense.
I have adjusted several scopes that I use for shooting at 10m airgun match targets. You can't hit a bullseye the size of the period at the end of this sentence unless the parallax is adjusted perfectly. And even if the scope came with AO from the factory it is always a bit off or won't adjust low enough.
On higher end scopes I would probably follow Dean's advise. If they found out you fiddled with it yourself you probably wouldn't have a warranty.
Mine had the notches but they were on the mechanism that the optics were mounted in, i could turn the whole thing by hand but it was tough, as there are no marks or ways to identify anything was done, on this scope, i dont see it being a warranty issue.

Last edited by Triggerfish; 02-16-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:41 PM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but aren't you just focussing the scope?
Old 02-20-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but aren't you just focussing the scope?
He is adjusting the lenses on the other end by screwing it in or out in the threads that are in the objective bell. Effectively doing the same thing as the old scopes with the adjustable a
Objective lenses to set distance/parallax.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:50 PM

Ahh....I see...now I understand, thanks.