Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Would Hillary have been a better president?
Now that's the best joke of the day.No not really the best one was Adam Schiff had to come out tonight and tell the usa that majority vote has come to investigate the DOJ AND FBI after he tried so hard to hide what they did,this is why Trump is in power,not because he was a genius .The American people lost faith in there gov't and Trump was there at the right time.

So the next 6 month's the American people want transparency and they may get it.That's why all the long faces tonight at the state of the union,they were all winded out in there chairs,because the vote was only hours before Trump went on.:sHa_sarcasticlolm

Last edited by JD848; 01-30-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowierjp View Post
Did you watch the State of the Union address? He just highlighted some of his accomplishments along with some other amazing Americans.

If your eluding to his administrations effectiveness as not accomplishing much in his first year, you need to understand The United States is s democracy. If you want to see sweeping changes you might look to dictatorships. Bills need to pass various organizations in the govt. that's a good thing. Prevents dictatorships.

If you don't think his or his Administrations agenda and vision of America is a good thing. Well, stay here.
Yes, I'm saying I'm glad his inability to get along with anyone has prevented him from passing bad legislation. I feel like someone more competent with the same beliefs would have got a lot of draconian stuff accomplished but luckily due to Trump's incompetence the damage will be limited.

The state of the union address is just propaganda where Trump tries to take credit for stuff he had nothing to do with. This is the guy who tried to take credit for worldwide airplanes deaths decreasing, he is pretty shameless about his spin.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpig View Post
Yes, I'm saying I'm glad his inability to get along with anyone has prevented him from passing bad legislation. I feel like someone more competent with the same beliefs would have got a lot of draconian stuff accomplished but luckily due to Trump's incompetence the damage will be limited.

The state of the union address is just propaganda where Trump tries to take credit for stuff he had nothing to do with. This is the guy who tried to take credit for worldwide airplanes deaths decreasing, he is pretty shameless about his spin.
I hope both Republicans and Democrats work together to find solutions to the main problems this administration feel relevant. They are real problems outlined in his speech and the American people will benefit from a joint approach in solving them.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:

Your blind hatred of him does you no credit. If you cannot give him kudos where it's due, your criticisms are worthless, warranted or not.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
Too much botox. Trying hard...........face wants to move.......nope can't do it.

I think it's more that she just wants to be in back in New york with her boyfriend. Stuck with the giant cheeto in Washington for another 3 years. Poor woman.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Ok sure but that still doesn't change the fact that most of America doesn't like him.
Is it fact because you heard it on CNN or just because you said so?? I live here and the majority of the people I see are much happier with what we have then what the alternative was. The ones who aren’t happy are the ones who are having their freebies threatened to be taken away. I guess you wouldnt know that though if all you do is drink the msm kooooooolaid while in a foreign country....
Old 01-30-2018, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Your blind hatred of him does you no credit. If you cannot give him kudos where it's due, your criticisms are worthless, warranted or not.
Where is credit due?
Old 01-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Is it fact because you heard it on CNN or just because you said so?? I live here and the majority of the people I see are much happier with what we have then what the alternative was. The ones who aren’t happy are the ones who are having their freebies threatened to be taken away. I guess you wouldnt know that though if all you do is drink the msm kooooooolaid while in a foreign country....
I would say it is almost a certainty because the majority already didn't like him during the election and it is pretty clear he has become less popular since the election. I say it is pretty clear he has become less popular for two main reasons.

1. Obviously his approval rating crashing is one of the reasons
2. Of the special elections that have occurred is the last year or so, the Republicans have done significantly worse than they did in 2016 and in a very high number of these they have done 20-30 points worse. Pretty clearly shows that people are unhappy with the way things are going.

You asking a small group of friends who they like seems pretty irrelevant, I don't know if you are actually being serious with that.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:15 PM

Yup! definitely koolaid!! At least we can agree to disagree.
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I would say it is almost a certainty because the majority already didn't like him during the election and it is pretty clear he has become less popular since the election. I say it is pretty clear he has become less popular for two main reasons.

2. Of the special elections that have occurred is the last year or so, the Republicans have done significantly worse than they did in 2016 and in a very high number of these they have done 20-30 points worse. Pretty clearly shows that people are unhappy with the way things are going.

You asking a small group of friends who they like seems pretty irrelevant, I don't know if you are actually being serious with that.
A poll by CNN may seem pretty irrelevant to someone living in Montana as well. Maybe you should change your handle to "nurturing pig" or "docile pig", it may be the first step to a better and much happier omnivore.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
A poll by CNN may seem pretty irrelevant to someone living in Montana as well. Maybe you should change your handle to "nurturing pig" or "docile pig", it may be the first step to a better and much happier omnivore.
There are many firms in that US that conduct polls.

I say that asking your friends who they like is irrelevant because it is a biased sample. To do statistics you need a randomized sample of large enough size to reduce the amount of error. This is typically at least a 1000 people. A sample of his friends would not even be representative of Montana unless he has at least 1000 friends who are of approximately the same demographic and age breakdown as the population.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:05 AM

Whether any one likes Trump or not he is still an American citizen with rights,so what cnn says means nothing to me because they are bias for Hillary 100 percent,so were top members of the FBI and the DOJ who both violated his privacy and were both bias to do everything in there power so he would not win the election.
We will see just how many like Trump or not,but which ever way the polls go it means zip.So if anyone went low enough to go after a person seeking to be president and do this in there own country during an election to try an stop someone from winning is very wrong,there is nothing proper about this.

You may think Trump is not smart,but he told the world exactly what was done to him and everyone denied it and said he was crazy,but there's no denying that they spied on him illegally and that's a crime ,specially if he is now the boss.

They all thought she would win and now there going to have to answer up and some ones is getting charged,so the polls mean nothing what so ever because they also are bias in there studies specially cnn.Adam Schiff the low life rat leaking all private meetings to the press could barely talk tonight because he was so ashamed of the FISA report because Trump was dead on the money when he said he was spied on and Comey said no he wasn't spied on and he lied along with top dogs working for the federal gov't,so what else have they tried to do to him?Pay back is coming and Adam Schiff and his gang may be in bad corner.They hid this fisa report very well and now there going to wish it never was.

Russia has been playing with usa politics since the days way before Kennedy was around,so this is old news.

Last edited by JD848; 01-31-2018 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
There are many firms in that US that conduct polls.

I say that asking your friends who they like is irrelevant because it is a biased sample. To do statistics you need a randomized sample of large enough size to reduce the amount of error. This is typically at least a 1000 people. A sample of his friends would not even be representative of Montana unless he has at least 1000 friends who are of approximately the same demographic and age breakdown as the population.
Are these the same polls that said Trump had a 1% chance of winning?
Old 01-31-2018, 12:40 AM

Quote:
As does most of the USA
Based on what figures? Did all Americans vote? Because saying he lost the popular vote still isn’t the majority of ALL Americans. Based on polls? The very same polls that said an election was a waste of time as Hillary had already won?

The night trump was elected brought joy into so many hearts!!! I can’t say the last time I had such a big grin on my face. It was like midnight here and all the pundits and newscasters still were trying to find a way to not say that he had won. It was outstanding!!! Then Hillary fled in the night;= icing on the cake. That was a magical evening. I wish I would’ve PVRed it. I could rewatch that a hundred times.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 AM

Arrow This . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post

I'm not a fan in the man, but it is hard to argue that they are on an economic upswing. I fear the eroding of democratic institutions, as well as expectations they have of what is acceptable behavior for the person who holds the office.

Ditto ^

Selkirk
Old 01-31-2018, 01:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Based on what figures? Did all Americans vote? Because saying he lost the popular vote still isn’t the majority of ALL Americans. Based on polls? The very same polls that said an election was a waste of time as Hillary had already won?

The night trump was elected brought joy into so many hearts!!! I can’t say the last time I had such a big grin on my face. It was like midnight here and all the pundits and newscasters still were trying to find a way to not say that he had won. It was outstanding!!! Then Hillary fled in the night;= icing on the cake. That was a magical evening. I wish I would’ve PVRed it. I could rewatch that a hundred times.
If someone didn't bother to vote for Trump it is very likely that they don't care for him much.

The polls were actually pretty accurate, if you go back and look at the national polls before they election they showed Hillary leading by 2-4% which turned out to be pretty accurate. It is really not that unreasonable to think that someone winning the popular vote by 2% would be the favorite to win.

It may have been a good night for you at the time but it really just didn't turn into much results for you. I'm starting to think that the democrats losing the last election will probably be better for them in the long run. If they had won after 10 years in power Hillary probably wouldn't have been very popular and Republicans would have picked up more power in 2018 and have a chance to get someone competent in power and enact all kinds of draconian policy. As it stands now Republicans are basically just running out the clock and when Democrats come back in they can quickly reverse Trumps executive orders and carry on.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:02 AM

He just seemed like an actor reading a script. It was a campaign speach .and this guy is not conservative...just an actor
Old 01-31-2018, 05:10 AM

The people of the USA will vote for anyone that, is / was, a TV star ! LOL.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:13 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
The people of the USA will vote for anyone that, is / was, a TV star ! LOL.
....and what does that say for Canadians?....LOL
Old 01-31-2018, 05:21 AM

Biggest tax cuts in US history that really benefits low income workers as well as big corporations. Yes Trump can take credit for that, and the people like it. We were slowly going down that road here until the stupid Canadian voters tossed the best government we had seen in a generation or two and replaced it with the international embarrassment we're stuck with today.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Biggest tax cuts in US history that really benefits low income workers as well as big corporations. Yes Trump can take credit for that, and the people like it. We were slowly going down that road here until the stupid Canadian voters tossed the best government we had seen in a generation or two and replaced it with the international embarrassment we're stuck with today.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yep.

Dodger.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly 12 View Post
Behaviour... At least trump doesn't stand on national tv and cry his eyes out like a baby for the world to see, that's embarrassing.

It's hard to believe people pass judgement on trump when we have justin.
What does this have to do with Trudeau?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2018, 05:54 AM
Banned

Quote:

Eroding democracy or democratic institutions... I'm saying we have a billion times worse in government, but the majority, even the Canadian news is all about focusing on trump. We don't hear 10% of what are clown is doing, and he does what he feels with no accountability at all.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Eroding democracy.. I'm saying we have a billion times worse in government, but the majority, even the Canadian news is all about focusing on trump. We don't hear 10% of what are clown is doing, and he does what he feels with no accountability at all.
This is a thread about Trump. Stick to the thread topic.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:56 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

The last line of Hillbilly's post???.....
Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is a thread about Trump. Stick to the thread topic.

Yes I know, if it was about Trudeau you would have taken the tread away before the post count was at 5. I was just talking about the differences in government, that's all.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:

I never said I asked anyone anything. In fact the majority I’m talking about are random people I hear at stores, gas stations, malls, restaurants etc... you talk about unbiased polls of at least 1000. Who do they poll to remain unbiased because I’m pretty sure I could bias any poll by randomly selecting 1000 people from a geographic area that is more conservative or more liberal, north vs south, east vs west, retired can workig, student can workinf etc just bailed on how on the high number of views that lean the way I want my poll to show. Sorry I don’t trust much I read in the media these days even with your expert in biased polls saying what’s going on. As mentioned they all said the man had no chance of winning.....
Old 01-31-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yes I know, if it was about Trudeau you would have taken the tread away before the post count was at 5. I was just talking about the differences in government, that's all.
Ironically, there is a Trudeau thread up now that has 7 posts. LOL.

If you want to discuss my views on Pierre's boy shoot me a pm, but if I said them here I would have to infract my self for breaking forum rules about inappropriate language. My only point is this thread is about the State of the Union address last night, not Trudeau. I don't disagree with what you say about the coverage of our broadcasters fawning all over him, and giving him free passes, while ignoring their true role in a democracy which is informing the citizenry and holding gov't accountable. I am just trying to stop a derail of a thread whose subject has a very real bearing on our country at the moment vis a vis NAFTA talks.

Last edited by sns2; 01-31-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ironically, there is a Trudeau thread up now that has 7 posts. LOL.

If you want to discuss my views on Pierre's boy shoot me a pm, but if I said them here I would have to infract my self for breaking forum rules about inappropriate language.

Good!, hopefully it doesn't get locked down.

I'd be in the same boat as you for swearing

that's true.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Good!, hopefully it doesn't get locked down.

I'd be in the same boat as you for swearing
The only reason any thread gets locked down is rules get ignored and they hit the ditch. Mods are interested in the same things you guys are, but we also have rules to enforce, as whatever is said in these threads is a defacto reflection upon the owner of the site and the advertisers. Hopefully people can understand that. Unfortunately, all too often, that doesn't seem to be the case. A simple litmus test is to think of whether or not the magazine would allow a post to be published in the monthly magazine. People forget this is not a bastion of free speech, it is an extension of Alberta Outdoorsmen Magazine.