Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Do you know what equity is?......

It sortof means equal opportunity.... that's as basic an understanding as I can get.

Do you REALLY understand and have a knowledge of Canada's history?

Human societies ARE INHERENTLY UNEQUAL...... but modern societies... ALL of them.... tend to try for some type of equity.

Why.....? Cause in my opinion the human potential to improve all of our lot rests in random humans.... not in an elite group.... not a 'special minority group'.... or any other group.

Huge contributions have been made to our society by
"cripples"
"Jews"
"Crazy Whops"
"Japs"
"red men"
"pinkos"

etc.... etc.

They just pop up. Give them a decent change to thrive and contribute. Where you and I differ is that I believe that, on balance, any given 'peoples' that are granted a decent chance will more than contribute to our world/society...... most here see the opposite. That's cool... I can respect your opinion. But i'd like to engage it as well man.

If individuals are slackers or leeches.... then nail em.

Elk you're feeding into a simple narrative of frustration that simply has no justifiable basis in fact short of the odd anecdotal bud. Study Canadian History...study american and European history.... you'll see the truth of things possibly.

Research the 'canada first' party from our history..... this set of narrative tools has been used before. Our own history is a hell of alot uglier than we know. Maybe we should come to terms with a little of it.

Your common sense isn't. It's operating on a 'super wayyy tooo short' data base.

ps.....
I've met Don Cheery.... interviewed him in the '90's when I was a student. He sells populism... its a great business model. Its' always easy to sell blame. Always has been. Damn good sales person too.

There's some awesome business models for selling Alberta Nationalism based on 'common sense' as well. I honestly am going to start selling stuff and running a podcast for Western Nationalism.

I need a cool name....any ideas?

pps...... gotta go werk. Again... I'd gladly take you for wild pheasants next year as I think your an ok guy. Hope I didn't pee on the wheaties.

ppps.... If dat BC case goes against the Cristian kids.... then yea.... I could be totally wrong and I agree with ya possibly.
I am well aware of the meaning of both equity, and equality. And I spent 35 years of my career working with people of all races, and religions from all parts of the world. The industry that I worked in was a big reason for having such a diversified workforce and community. The most successful of these people, are the ones that don't ask for special treatment, they go out and succeed because of their hard work and intelligence. Some of my best friends came from Brunei, where they were not even citizens, and couldn't own property. When they came to Canada, they didn't ask for special treatment of any kind, they earned the respect and the friendship of many people, including myself. They were thrilled at the opportunity to be able to become citizens, and to own their own homes. Other friends of mine are aboriginal, but they also worked hard, and became successful, rather than asking for special treatment. The people that did expect special treatment, were the ones that usually ended up causing issues, and they usually did not excell either in the workplace or elsewhere. The company that I worked for gave special preference in hiring and promoting people of certain races, and that caused more issues, and more division than there would have been without such policies. Certain people were allowed to miss work, and to violate corporate policy, without fear of being disciplined or fired, and it created the same division that our racist charter and policies cause every day in our country. Hiring or promoting based on race or religion didn't work any better when our PM chose his cabinet. You can promote unity, or you can promote division, but one goes against the other, so you can't promote both. You can't unite Canadians by giving some people special rights or privileges, all you do is foster an every group for themselves atmosphere, with every group trying to get more than the other groups. And this doesn't just apply to race and religion, Quebec is a prime example of what happens when one province is treated differently than others.
But regardless about how you feel about equality, things would be much different in the world, had people from so many nations not fought together to win the world wars. And paying respect to all of those people that fought and died, was what Don Cherry was promoting, when the incident occurred.