Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 07:20 AM

Trip to Vegas and $250 off CJ92
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM

Free play on the 649
Old 01-19-2018, 08:57 AM

Last month we finally won after years of supporting STARS and CASH and CARS charity lotteries...we now own a go-pro camera...trying to figure out how to use it for fishing under the ice.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:00 AM
Banned

High Foreign Champion title & trophy in the 200 Singles Championship at the Grand American World Trap Shooting Championships in 1987. Other than that a few DU prints at sporting clays shoots and other various shooting prizes including cash.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:07 AM

I can't remember the prize, but I do recall one contest that was one of the coolest I have ever entered.

Roland was doing dealer demos of a new guitar processor, and several of us were invited to Triumph's recording studio to try it out. We all got a chance to lay down some tracks, and then they picked the ones they liked the best. Just being there was a memorable experience.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:25 AM

A Texas Mickey of CC at a private Christmas function.

A few years later at a private Halloween function, I won the main prize - a 'Headless Beast'.
It turned out to be a 20 lb turkey.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Winning

I won a beautiful new compound bow at the APOS Convention a few years back. You can start bashing me anytime
Old 01-19-2018, 01:55 PM

I won a Winchester SXP waterfowl at our Duck Unlimited banquet in 2016, my brother won a really nice Italian SXS right after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 01:58 PM

A 4 door Jeep Sahara
Old 01-19-2018, 02:05 PM

Red face

I once won a 1500$ game of poker... one of those games where you don't get to sleep all night haha
Old 01-19-2018, 02:46 PM

I won a coyote calling contest once, had to imitate sounds with my hand calls. The prize was a browning xbolt in 243, and I also received a bunch of browning swag, including a hat every month for a year.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:22 PM

on van isl for special olympics golf tournament bought a ticket for a signed hockey print from lindsey i think it was. Don't watch hockey but bought it for the cause.Well my team got second place and the calcutta was $700 ea and when they drew the raffle and i won just got up and said don't know much about hockey and donated it back to be auctioned off and the proceeds to go back to special olimpics. They sold it for $500 dollars and got the host howie meeker to sign it as well.As the say karma got me when i received 2 tax reciepts for $500
thought they made a mistake so called them to say they duplicated the receipt.But they assured me it was correct as the print was worth $500wich i donated and the proceeds donated back was worth $500.I figured they must of been right so i got $1000 tax deduction

ie i might have been wrong about name of hockey player it was 20 yrs ago it sure impressed my now wife that i was a good guy
Old 01-19-2018, 08:27 PM

Me: a copy of Pearl Jam's Live at Benaroya Hall album. Bought two raffle tickets for about $20 each. 100 tickets were sold. I won. That album is worth $1500 to $2000 today.

notable mentions: a few wins on the radio over the years. A night out with me and 5 buddies being treated to free booze and fun with the molson canadian girls and their tour bus. That was an epic night lol.

The in-laws won $36,000 with a 50/50 ticket at the Flames game last year - bought a nice Yukon with it.

Ice fishing derby in Sask: We drilled a hole for a random guy as a favor. He ended up pulling out the largest pike of the tourney and won the god damn truck lol.

My sister won a car at a college sports game during her first year in Uni in Calgary. She and two of her friends left the game after the 2nd period and they drew for the car.... her name was called and because she wasn't in the arena, they pulled another name! LOL!

Loved reading the other replies in this thread. Some great wins out there.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:55 AM

I won a record Album once when calling for a song request on 14 C-FUN Vancouver.
The album was Pink Floyd Animals.
The X took me on a trip to Sonora Lodge for a week of fishing...
Rob
Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 AM

Nuthin....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jack-squat.jpg (32.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-22-2018, 10:07 AM

$10 off a $2 scratch ticket!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 AM

One year, I was one of 6 winners through a draw from Lammle's Western Wear. Six of us met at the Stampede grounds in the morning and were given everything from new boots, jeans, shirts, belt/buckle and hat. We spent the day at the grounds and had a two hour session hanging with Carey Price! I'm a big Montreal fan, so that was great (insert your groan here...) Got to tour the shoots, the change room, dr.'s room, was able to see some of the show behind the shoots, then enjoyed the afternoon rodeo.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:35 AM

1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softtail Classic.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:55 AM

every year two people out of 66 on our group trip to the Queen Charlottes win a trip back. That is worth about $7000 each if you went on your own.

I would say awarding free trips has greatly outdone the feeling of anything I ever won.

As a kid however I won a trip to Toronto and a trip to Disneyland delivering news papers. Went without parents and it was a blast...however some very bad kids on the Disney trip trashed the rooms.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 AM

Default Whats the coolest thing you ever won

5 or 6 years ago I was out in Sooke visiting family. My Dad & younger brother volunteer at the Sooke Salmon Enhancement hatchery and they were having their annual fishing derby fund raiser. Fishing Sat & Sun AM.

Sun aft is the bbq & the prizes for biggest fish etc are awarded. I bought 2 or 3 raffle tickets for a 9.9 outboard and a Yamaha 1000 watt inverter generator. Late Sun aft My Dad figured I was bored and said I could leave if I wanted to ? I said no and that I was going to hang around a collect my 9.9 kicker. He just gave me one of those looks!

My younger brother was announcing the various prize winners & when they drew ticket for the motor I didn't win it but the next draw was for the generator they pulled the ticket & called out the # it was my ticket & I won the generator ! I had this feeling that I was going to win the motor but was pretty happy to walk off with the generator for $20 in tickets.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
I won an iPad once!

I also won a ski trip to Panorama at a Warren Miller film back in the mid-80's.
Didn't win any ski trips , but I sure remember the Warren Miller films ,

and there was also Dick Barrymore films ...usually in around early October ,

Could hardly wait for the snow to fly after seeing those films .
Old 01-23-2018, 11:59 AM

A buckle
Old 01-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Banned

won a few trips. One to a san Francisco 49ers game all expense paid and another to st martens at the hilton. About a year ago i won 2 bar fridges within the same week.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Banned

Default Mega Pack

May 2016. A drunk driver Rammed my parked step-side and wrote it off. The same day I crashed my mountain bike, ruptured my spleen and spent the next 9 days in hospital. Sad story. Sadder; I missed the WCWT tournaments that June.

A couple of weeks go by and Charley Wray (Fishful Thinking) sent me a giant box with $800.00 in tackle, reels, various lines and an inflatable vest. Helped to speed up my recovery.

Another week goes by and my friend and partner invites me to fish a CWT tournament with him on LOTW at Kenora, fee paid! That's one off the bucket list.

Now I've just got to help win a tournament.

Free
Old 01-23-2018, 12:41 PM

A few years back at the Elkwater D.U. Dinner I bought a $20.00 gun raffle ticket where the winner could pick any gun off the table. My number came out of the hat and I choose a Ruger SR9 40 cal. An hour later they drew my name for the main door prize ...... Winchester SXP 12 gauge.

Not a bad evening

Downside was trying to get the wife to believe I got two new guns for $20.00
Old 01-23-2018, 01:44 PM

Smile best win ever

Wife won all expense Trip to Vegas 5 years ago for rodeo finals plus $2000.00 spending money. Greatest Trip ever.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:56 PM

Didn't nobody ever win a Divorce Case......?
Ya know - no alimony that makes her "independent"...........
Old 01-23-2018, 02:34 PM

Took a Saturday night poker tournament at Mandalay Bay in Vegas back in 2014.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:11 PM

won a season long kp prize at golf course trip for two to canadian open at glenn abby flight, hotel, car tickets for all 4 days and a round with cart on monday following tournament.
50/50 draw at a goldwing ralley worth $500 us befor the draw torr the 2 tickets apart and told my buddy this tickets wining and it did lol.
reverse draw for $5000 two years in a row was in finale 3 people 3rd year should have heard the cheering when my name was next out of the hat and lost haha
Old 01-23-2018, 09:50 PM

Ive had a few decent ones. I won a guitar and amp from average joes about 15 years ago. And then a PSE DNA bow from the mother of all shoots a couple years ago, and lastly a Stihl 290 farmboss chainsaw from the Archery banquet.