Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2013, 11:42 AM

Default Fishing/camping spot for kids.

Looking for a spot where I can take my two young girls for a little brook trout fishing. I would always go out to burn timber but that place is over run with disrespectful people.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:27 PM

Fish/Shunda lake outside of Nordegg is a nice place to camp. it has always been quite when we camp there and the fishing is usually pretty good for rainbows. the sites along the lake are quite nice , but get taken very quickly in summer. fishing from shore is easy also. also lots of nice little streams and rivers in the area to explore along with a few other lakes and stocked potholes. only downside is that it gets busy in summer with lots of pressure so you are more then likely only going to catch the stockers but they do put in some old brood stock that you might latch into if they don't get cleaned out quickly.

rgds
Mike
Old 05-24-2013, 09:40 PM

Thanks for the advice. I will try it out this week. Im sure my girls will like any where we go. Just hard these days with work to get out and find new spots that are kid friendly and easy for them to fish.