Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM

Here is area that may be in question and if they were on /crossed CN property then you can't fish there .. other place's on lake other than closed outlet from plant are open to fish from shore .. just don't fish from April 1 to May 14 as the lake is closed to fishing

David

http://www.albertaparks.ca/wabamun-l...=st-camp:15303

Last edited by Speckle55; 05-22-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
Private property boundaries usually extend under the surface of the water. Riparian way allows you to travel over that land on a boat, or to moor on the shore in case of emergency but that's about it as far as I understand fishing shorelines on private property. Some properties are deeded to the waters edge, this is the high water mark, or area of established vegetation, anything below that is part of the water body and not private; usually riverside properties are like this.

To the last question, if the rail officer went to the area and saw you within the boundaries of CN property then he in fact witnessed the trespass.
Hearing from landowners that have property bordering lakes and such i was always under the impression the crown owns the water and shore (and therefore a safe rule is to apply the 10 foot rule from the water line when judging crown land)

a link from SRD.

http://srd.alberta.ca/FormsOnlineSer...s-Oct-1997.pdf
Old 05-22-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryley View Post
Hearing from landowners that have property bordering lakes and such i was always under the impression the crown owns the water and shore (and therefore a safe rule is to apply the 10 foot rule from the water line when judging crown land)

a link from SRD.

http://srd.alberta.ca/FormsOnlineSer...s-Oct-1997.pdf

Thanks for the relevant information. All I know is what I had looked up for fishing in BC a few years back.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default Thanks!!!

I'm being facetious.

Thanks for playing chicken with the train, that's so cool that that particular type of behavior leads to CN deciding the fate of our access to water. I guess CN is correct when they talk of safety issues and erecting fences.

a few bad apples and we all get culled.

Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Default Playing Chicken

I had no issue comprehending that the idiots playing chicken were not the fishermen. I also have no issue comprehending that crossing the tracks or using the train bridge or land that the bridge is on would be trespassing. Or that the lake or portions of the lake might be closed at certain times of the year. Fishing from shore is not illegal. Trespassing to get to shore is. Always has been. No doubt the idiots playing chicken likely brought the officer over after the poor Engineer had the crap scared out of him by the idiots. I can only imagine how puckered up the train crew is when people do stupid things that he crew can't fix but get to feel bad about killing some mentally defunct people who slip and get squished by their train.

Instead of snivelling about your"buddy" who got a ticket for trespassing and trying to deflect the responsibility from him to the officer or the chicken playing idiots, read the regs and be more knowledgeable.

The officer is quite correct. Apparently the only way to fish that area of Lake Wabamun is apparently from a boat. Because you cannot access that part of the lake legally in any other way. So yes, shore fishing at that place is illegal.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterM View Post
So I just got a call from my sister in law. Her boyfriend was out fishing at Wab from shore near the tressel outside of moonlight bay. He got a ticket from fishing from shore... I have never heard of a regulation like that before... Anyone know anything about this??
to answer your question: shore fishing is legal at wab, tresspassing is not (specially if you get caught, and espessially on CN property)