Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2017, 02:51 PM

We're those all fords pulling the boats?
Old 09-15-2017, 02:58 PM

I see 3 fords and a chevy same as jstubbs
Old 09-25-2017, 01:31 PM

3 of the 4 boats have been found.

http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/201...len-in-calmar/

Cold Lake, Alberta – During the afternoon of September 23, 2017, Cold Lake RCMP recovered 3 of 4 boats stolen from Wizard Lake Marine during the night of September 13, 2017.

The three boats, with trailers, valued at approximately $600,000.00 were located at a rural property near Cold Lake. During the search of the property, an additional $250,000.00 worth of stolen property was recovered by Cold Lake RCMP.

Two adult males are in custody with charges pending. The investigation is continuing by Cold Lake and Leduc RCMP detachments and further updates will be provided when they are available.

One of the boats has not been recovered and RCMP continue to seek assistance in locating that boat. A photo of the boat is attached. It is believed to have been sold in the Edmonton area.

“Crime has no boundaries and it is very common for criminals to cross jurisdictions” says Staff Sergeant Jeremie Landry of Cold Lake RCMP Detachment. “Sharing intelligence and information amongst RCMP detachments is critical in solving crimes. We’re pleased with the progress being made on this investigation.”

If you have information about this investigation, please call the Leduc RCMP at 780-980-7200 or the Cold Lake RCMP at 780-594-3302, or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.

Cold Lake RCMP
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM

Pretty sure I saw 2 of the boats (orange and green) being towed back to wizard lake marine by 2 of their trucks yesterday. Almost called it in because the first truck was unmarked, the second had wizard lake decals all over it.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM

3 of the 4 boats are recovered,,, they are still looking for the last 1.

2 people charged as of now, they found 1/4 of a million stolen on the property as well.

The news release was on CBC radio.

Don

Edit::: I see it is posted as above
Old 09-25-2017, 03:30 PM

Let's hope these ass-hats gets a good spanking!
Old 09-25-2017, 03:42 PM

Glad to hear they were caught.

Let's hope they get a decent punishment.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM

Hopefully there is minimal if any damage to the boats.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
Let's hope these ass-hats gets a good spanking!
Yes a stern talking too would be good and for extra measure they should be required to take the Canada Safe Boating Course..
Old 09-25-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Hopefully there is minimal if any damage to the boats.
If they sold one, I would imagine all were in good shape as they wanted to sell the others as well.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 PM

If they sold one they will have enough cash to hire a good lawyer and avoid jail time.

We should start a betting pool on the amount of jail time. I'll take time served at 2:1 odds. .

Gerry Burnie
Old 09-25-2017, 10:27 PM

I saw yesterday that the RCMP had three pickups pulled over as they were pulling these boats. The one like mentioned earlier had Wizard Lake Marine all over so I figured it was probably legit. They were heading in to Edmonton by the ardrossan overpass. Can't miss the boats as they're big and flashy and I thought the cops actually caught the idiots there for a minute.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:19 AM

Default Update: 3 boats found, 2 arrested

UPDATE: Three of the four boats stolen were recovered near Cold Lake and two people face numerous charges. Also found in the crooks possession was another quarter million in stolen goods. Police suspect one boat was sold.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Banned

The best medicine for dealing with these kinds of criminals is at the end of a rope strung over a branch!!
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 AM

I guessing both were under "conditions" (probation) from other crimes already our justice system is a joke.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
The best medicine for dealing with these kinds of criminals is at the end of a rope strung over a branch!!
I disagree. Keel haul these bastards with the boats they stole across Cold lake and back, would be more appropriate.

BW
Old 09-27-2017, 09:58 AM

And the fourth one has been found. I would guess there was too much heat for them to try to keep hidden.

http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/201...d-lake-marine/

Enoch, Alberta – On September 26 the RCMP in Stony Plain recovered the fourth boat which was stolen from Wizard Lake Marine during the night of September 13, 2017.

The boat was located abandoned on a road south of Enoch and the RCMP are continuing to investigate circumstances of this with the assistance of the Forensic Identification Section.

The outcome of this final boat recovery is very positive and the RCMP are pleased to report same.

Investigation is ongoing. If you have information about this investigation, please call the Leduc RCMP at 780-980-7200, or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
And the fourth one has been found. I would guess there was too much heat for them to try to keep hidden.

http://www.canadapolicereport.ca/201...d-lake-marine/

Enoch, Alberta – On September 26 the RCMP in Stony Plain recovered the fourth boat which was stolen from Wizard Lake Marine during the night of September 13, 2017.

The boat was located abandoned on a road south of Enoch and the RCMP are continuing to investigate circumstances of this with the assistance of the Forensic Identification Section.

The outcome of this final boat recovery is very positive and the RCMP are pleased to report same.

Investigation is ongoing. If you have information about this investigation, please call the Leduc RCMP at 780-980-7200, or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.
Panic dump, pretty hard to hide a boat of that caliber. Hopefully the Judge throws the book at those scumbags but I won't hold my breath with the hug a thug program known as the injustice system
Old 09-27-2017, 12:16 PM

My family members own that business they are happy to recover these! Makes me wonder if the tips given to them being seen east of Winnipeg were an effort to divert local attention?

LC
Old 09-27-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
My family members own that business they are happy to recover these! Makes me wonder if the tips given to them being seen east of Winnipeg were an effort to divert local attention?

LC
X2 my thoughts from the beginning !