Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Banned

Default BC Fishing Question

Any one ever fish the vedder river for salmon. I'm going to be doing some camping near Chilliwack and was planning on doing some fishing. I'm a bit confused on their retention regulations. Chinook Jul 01 to Aug 31,4 per day only 1 over 62 cm. And it also says.

An "adult chinook" in Region 2 is defined as being over 50 cm except in the following areas where an "adult chinook" is defined as being over 62 cm:
a) the Fraser River from Sep 01 to Dec 31
b) the Chehalis and Harrison Rivers from Sep 01 to Dec 31
c) the Chilliwack/Vedder River (including Sumas River) and the Capilano River. So are they saying that you can keep 3 over 50 cm and only 1 over 62 cm. Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to break any laws.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:25 PM
Gone Hunting

**** Bc fishing...support TMX

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
Gone Hunting

It was F . ...U....C .... K BC fishing not *****

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 06-20-2019, 05:30 PM

During the month of July the Vedder is closed August 1st it reopens to salmon again there is a very small run of Springs ,Immature Springs are Jacks and I believe your able to keep 4 if the regs dont change . There is a trout fishery but they are Returning Stealhead mostly and most fisherman will not fish till they are gone to help returns . Better chances of catching something is from late September till late November I dont fish the river in the summer better to go swimming and fish the Kamloops area for trout. Salmon fishing in the lower mainland is very poor till the Fall its not like it used to be for sure. I hope this helps PM me if you need any Questions answered be glad to help.

Cheers
Tim