Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Thumbs down guilding wounded worriors

I am a GUIDE,been reading for a few weeks.Most of you dont like outfitters but what if they are from wounded worriors USA or CANADA?
Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM

I don't think the majority of this board has a problem with guides in general, moreso the way that some outfits are operated. I have guided, and i know several others on this board have. Is this just a trolling attempt or can you better articulate what you are trying to say. A civil discussion might break out if you do that.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 PM

wanted 2 put thums up,first timer.want to start something in canada and need views from other hunters and land owners alike.NO want to start anything negative,ALL positive.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 PM

No worries here, own some land that is not bad whitetail habitat and have no problem granting access to veterans or to point the right way in my area.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM

thanx ir really want to get something going in the hunting and fishing depo for them.i really hope to get good responce from people because i think this is just a start for giving back.ty
Old 01-20-2010, 03:27 PM

Addictedhunter -

Your thoughts are well placed, which is why organizations like Project Healing Waters exist. To our knowledge there aren't any options currently in the hunting arena in Canada or the US, however my suspicion is that you may have difficulty bringing wounded soldiers, or those with post traumatic stress disorder into a venue where hunting and shooting are major factors.

/G

(See http://www.projecthealingwaters.ca for more information.)

Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM

I was on a bear hunt in Alaska and the outfitter I was with lost a son in Iraq; he had something going on with Wounded Warriors and had a couple Vets there for a black bear hunt. One of the guys got a great bear but the other was short on time as he had to make a surgery down south and didn't get his bear but the outfitter was going to bring him back again. I thought it was a great thing the outfitter was doing with these Vets.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM

I don't know of any organization in Canada offering hunting oppertunities to our returning soldiers. If there is one out there please let me know... I would happily contribute time or money.
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 PM

woking with a guy out of marryland and i would realy like to see somthing happen in alberta.he is gust starting it there for birds and it seems to be a hit,state wide.thanks for the support,like to see more views.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:57 PM

Not really good with the computer scratch,but i would love to talk to you anytime.