Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 01:28 AM

Buddy of mine got a Sako 85 Finnlight 300 wsm 4 mths ago. He is having a terrible time getting it to shoot good. 100's of various loads & he is pretty much fed up. Factory ammo was worse. Was thinking of buying one but not after seeing that. Well over $2200 into it & have to put with that!!!!! My old A bolt shoots way better. The 1 in 11 twist isn't normal as far as I'm concerned. No Sako for me.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Buddy of mine got a Sako 85 Finnlight 300 wsm 4 mths ago. He is having a terrible time getting it to shoot good. 100's of various loads & he is pretty much fed up. Factory ammo was worse. Was thinking of buying one but not after seeing that. Well over $2200 into it & have to put with that!!!!! My old A bolt shoots way better. The 1 in 11 twist isn't normal as far as I'm concerned. No Sako for me.
Has your buddy shot many light weight rifles before? I'm not saying it isn't the rifle, but if he's shooting a Finnlight the same way he'd shoot a weatherby accumark he's not going to get very good results.

I've never owned a browning, but if it was me, I'd buy a tikka before either of the two and throw a good synthetic stock on it. If weight wasn't an issue I'd get a Cooper.