Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2020, 02:42 AM

Default Bear taxidermy

A couple of years ago I had an amazing trip hunting in Alberta. I had a dream of travelling from New Zealand to hunt black bear and in sept 2017 it all came together and I shot a bear with my bow. I was very happy and dropped off my bear at an Alberta taxidermist to get a rug done.

I still don’t have my rug done and after chasing the taxidermist I’m told it’s a few months away. My question is, how long does taxidermy normally take in Alberta? I’ve had work done in New Zealand and USA and anything over 12 months is unusual.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:15 AM

I would be curious to know where/who your taxidermist is. With that kind of a time frame, and especially if he doesn't supply you with any updates, I would be getting concerned. I know the good ones have quite a back log and they work on the head mounts, rugs, etc. as well as they are able, but I am sure they keep their customers in the loop.
Best of luck with this...
Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Arrow View Post
I would be curious to know where/who your taxidermist is. With that kind of a time frame, and especially if he doesn't supply you with any updates, I would be getting concerned. I know the good ones have quite a back log and they work on the head mounts, rugs, etc. as well as they are able, but I am sure they keep their customers in the loop.
Best of luck with this...
I agree. Might be smart to post who it is. Lots of guys on here with good and bad experiences with many different taxidermists. I would almost bet someone has been to the same taxidermist.

Best of luck