Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-22-2017, 09:49 AM

Thumbs up Africa Hunting – New Affordable Packages

Hi Everyone,

With the African Hunting show coming up I’m sure a lot of people are planning on attending and looking at an African safari for the first time. Africa is an amazing, special place (I have been there twice now) and it’s something that really gets in your blood once you’ve experienced it.

A friend of mine is a guide in Namibia and also a booking agent for a number of other outfitters in various parts of Africa. The other day we were chatting and they mentioned a show promotion that is being run for one of their outfitters in South Africa. Very affordable and a different approach than most of the outfitters generally take.

With many of the TV shows and videos about hunting in Africa, you will see the fancy 21 day safaris in Tanzania or Zimbabwe where guys are hunting everything available (and racking up a huge bill). Obviously this isn’t realistic or affordable for most people. And even the typical plains game packages offered with many outfitters are $5,000 - $7,000 just to get started. (Never mind flights, taxidermy, etc.)

These new promotions I just heard of are quite interesting (and something I would have booked years ago myself) if it would have been available. So I thought I’d share it in case anyone is interested.

A couple of the packages are designed to keep costs very low and enable hunters to experience Africa for the first time without spending a pile of money. You get to hunt a small number of animals, but keep the costs down significantly. If something else shows up that you are interested in shooting, in most cases you can hunt it for an additional fee (depending on the type of animal).

One package is only $1,999 and includes 3 animals (Impala, Blesbok, Warthog) and they have another package which is only $3,900 (for a 10 day hunt) that also includes a Zebra and a Blue Wildebeest.

I’m not 100% sure on all of the other details, but if anyone is interested you can contact Elaine (who now lives in Alberta) at 403.877.2706 or visit http://www.AfricanDreamsHuntingandPh...m/news-events/ She will be at the Calgary show next weekend as well with African Dreams Hunting & Photo Safaris.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up African hunting

I met Elaine at last year's African show. I reckon after the wind chill got down to -40 a few weeks ago she was probably missing Africa more than even you and I.

Those are good prices. Zebras and blue wildebeests are often more than a grand each now ...