Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 05:29 PM

Default Canada post! What have YOU become!

So I sell a 100 oz. bar of Silver to a guy! I insure it for full $$$$. And I ask the post person "so is there a signature needed". She said No, it will be put into a community mailbox to be picked up! ( because of Covid). Well I always track my parcels that I send, and this one I watched closely, one day when checking it said it was out for delivery, so I e-mail the guy and said the same! He said thanks! and would wait for it, and let me know when he got it. Then I checked later and said it was delivered. So I E-mailed him to see if he was happy with the bar? He said I have not received it yet! I said it's in your community mail box! He has no idea? He said wait, looked on the step and there was the package! ON THE STEP!!!!! He said got it! Long story short! I went after Can-Post. and after 3 phone calls with lots of grief, A guy with broken english telling me they put in the community mail box, and me telling him they left it on the step 3 time he would not listen! I hung up! Phoned in again and I got full refund for sending and insurance! They have gone to SH_T! Not sure if I will trust them again! Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by badbrass; 11-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:13 PM

........but their prices have really increased, that should count for something!!

Yes, the prices have gone north and the service has gone south!
Old 11-26-2020, 06:27 PM

I had a similar experience, but with a firearm. I had purchased a rifle from a forum member, and due to Covid the parcel was set to arrive a few days later than expected (even after paying for express shipping...). I am set to be out of town for a week when the parcel is arriving, so I call the Post Office and ask them to hold the parcel until I am back (expecting that a signature and ID is required, I felt that this was redundant anyway). Wife calls me when I am away and says she has come home to the rifle sitting on the front step... Just had to laugh and shake my head. Not that they knew what was in the parcel, but just surprised that they cannot follow simple instructions.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:31 PM

Was returning a pair of sitka pants that I had ordered online and Canada Post delivered them to the wrong address. Whoever lived there just kept them. No recourse. We have the postal system of a third world country
Old 11-26-2020, 07:15 PM

Sounds about right for government workers. Incompetent, lazy, stupid or a combination of all three.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Sounds about right for government workers. Incompetent, lazy, stupid or a combination of all three.
Don't ever look at a work site

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Default Mail service ??

65 years ago with no computers, only snail, mail Mom would mail out a order for school clothes to Eatons in Winnipeg and it would be here in a week. We would now expect faster service but not so.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:22 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlercarver View Post
65 years ago with no computers, only snail, mail Mom would mail out a order for school clothes to Eatons in Winnipeg and it would be here in a week. We would now expect faster service but not so.
I got no complaints....order things and they arrive as per advertised...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 PM

I had them leave a Colt Government Model 1911 sticking out of the mailbox on my doorstep They didn't knock or ring the doorbell, and it was supposed to go to the post office. Luckily I was home and heard someone at the door. The scabby package thieves would have been happy with that one, the CFO not so much.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrass View Post
So I sell a 100 oz. bar of Silver to a guy! I insure it for full $$$$. And I ask the post person "so is there a signature needed". She said No, it will be put into a community mailbox to be picked up! ( because of Covid). Well I always track my parcels that I send, and this one I watched closely, one day when checking it said it was out for delivery, so I e-mail the guy and said the same! He said thanks! and would wait for it, and let me know when he got it. Then I checked later and said it was delivered. So I E-mailed him to see if he was happy with the bar? He said I have not received it yet! I said it's in your community mail box! He has no idea? He said wait, looked on the step and there was the package! ON THE STEP!!!!! He said got it! Long story short! I went after Can-Post. and after 3 phone calls with lots of grief, A guy with broken english telling me they put in the community mail box, and me telling him they left it on the step 3 time he would not listen! I hung up! Phoned in again and I got full refund for sending and insurance! They have gone to SH_T! Not sure if I will trust them again! Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not an expert on shipping items, BUT I think the last company I used for shipping VALUABLES would be CP. Hell, I'd try a FEDEX, DHL and (shudder) UPS. Help me out if I'm wrong with this thinking
Closed Thread