Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Who will win the US presidential election this year?
Trump 384 70.85%
Biden 158 29.15%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
I've been watching the NBC coverage. There are ad breaks every 4-5 minutes. Is all US election coverage like this?
Why would you do that to yourself?

I just open this and check back once in a while as it updates every 15 seconds. All the facts without the dribble.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lican-democrat
Old 11-03-2020, 09:07 PM

Question

Is it me or does it look like trumps onpace to lose as Biden’s showing a higher number for the race to 270 or am I missing something?
Old 11-03-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Is it me or does it look like trumps onpace to lose as Biden’s showing a higher number for the race to 270 or am I missing something?

Biden has only won the already expected democratic leaning states. Now it’s down to swing and republican states, and trump is leading in most of those other than Arizona which isn’t as important if trump gets Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
I think states like texas and.florida represent near 70 electoral collage votes..... clossess the gap pretty quick.

Quote:
You have to look at who is leading in the states that aren't decided.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:18 PM

^^^ I see...thanks guys!
Old 11-03-2020, 09:26 PM

Yeah Biden’s points include the Dem strongholds like the west coast. Now all that’s for grabs in the tough ones and Trump is leading in almost every state.

What I’m worried about for Trump is the mail in ballots. A lot of democrats voted by mail and I could see a few states flip and Biden wins once these are counted.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:29 PM

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHJ2nBh...d=8vgsdyvy7w05.

This guy gets it.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:32 PM

Creepies down to 2 swing states with a total of 15 votes
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 PM

The best country in the world 😂 Oh Americans, they never cease to amaze me with their ignorance.

He has a point though, let's get along.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:39 PM
Gone Hunting

Decided electoral votes 209 for Biden to 118 for Trump with Trump leading in states with another 180 electoral votes to Biden leading in states with just 23 additional electoral votes.

If each wins those states they are leading in it would end up with 289 for Trump and 232 for Biden.

Of course any of those states could swing to the other guy but so far where Biden lead early he was unable to hold onto that lead once the votes reached 50 of possible votes in many states.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 09:42 PM

When I added Trumps secured ones with where he's leading, I wound up with 283, and that has no account for Alaska, Nevada or Hawaii. I figure Hawaii would be Dem, Nevada likely Republican and Alaska might also be Republican? I'm only saying that due to them having had Sarah Palin as governor previously. I'll have to look them up.

As for the electoral college, I'll admit to not knowing the details of that end of things.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:43 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
What I’m worried about for Trump is the mail in ballots. A lot of democrats voted by mail and I could see a few states flip and Biden wins once these are counted.
I hear the media saying that but how could anyone know?

If they aren't counted they are a complete unknown.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
When I added Trumps secured ones with where he's leading, I wound up with 283, and that has no account for Alaska, Nevada or Hawaii. I figure Hawaii would be Dem, Nevada likely Republican and Alaska might also be Republican? I'm only saying that due to them having had Sarah Palin as governor previously. I'll have to look them up.

As for the electoral college, I'll admit to not knowing the details of that end of things.

Alaska will go republican, Hawaii and Nevada will go democrat, but they won’t be deciding factors. You can tell in the change in tone of the media panel members on all channels that they are preparing for a trump win. If it’s closer than the way the numbers are currently leading, it’ll come down to Pennsylvania.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Alaska voted 51% Republican in the last election and has 3 electoral votes

Nevada voted 48% Democrat and has 6 Electoral votes

Hawaii voted 63% Democrat and has 4 Electoral votes.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 09:51 PM

Old 11-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledder1 View Post
Alaska will go republican, Hawaii and Nevada will go democrat, but they won’t be deciding factors. You can tell in the change in tone of the media panel members on all channels that they are preparing for a trump win. If it’s closer than the way the numbers are currently leading, it’ll come down to Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania and Arizona voted Republican in the last election, both by a narrow margin.
Between them they hold 32 electoral seats. And the latest information I have has Trump leading in Pennsylvania 56% to 41%

And the Democrats leading in Arizona 53% to 45%

Florida also has a lot of electoral votes 29 in fact and Trump is leading in that state 51% 48%

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 09:58 PM

What I do not understand is why they call certain states and not others. Florida has been at 98% reporting for at least 1.5 hours and it is mathematically impossible for Biden to take it, but no call. An extreme opposite example is Virginia with only 68% of the vote in. They called it Biden, but it's showing Trump ahead by 1.7 points.

https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=A...w=1530&bih=738
Old 11-03-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
What I do not understand is why they call certain states and not others. Florida has been at 98% reporting for at least 1.5 hours and it is mathematically impossible for Biden to take it, but no call. An extreme opposite example is Virginia with only 68% of the vote in. They called it Biden, but it's showing Trump ahead by 1.7 points.

It comes down to counties that have large populations that make it mathematical possible or impossible to switch. A state like Florida which is always very close and has a history of recounts tents to make networks wait otherwise they look really bad if they misproject.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:01 PM
Banned

Some states haven’t reported the mail in ballots yet and that could be a game changer despite what’s reported tonight. I believe Pennsylvania is one of those states. I don’t think that a winner will be confirmed until sometime tomorrow if not later.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Some states haven’t reported the mail in ballots yet and that could be a game changer despite what’s reported tonight. I believe Pennsylvania is one of those states. I don’t think that a winner will be confirmed until sometime tomorrow if not later.
I can understand that, but what does 98% reported mean then? Just election day votes?
Old 11-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Gone Hunting

At this point the Democrats are leading in 3 undecided states and Trump is leading in 10, with three states not reporting yet.

If both parties maintain those leads Biden would win another 25 electoral votes and Trump would win another 173 electoral votes.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
It comes down to counties that have large populations that make it mathematical possible or impossible to switch. A state like Florida which is always very close and has a history of recounts tents to make networks wait otherwise they look really bad if they misproject.

I don't know where CBC gets their information, they claim it comes from Associated Press, they say this;

Quote:
Will we get all the results on election night?

The unique circumstances of this year’s election might mean — in the event of a close race — the winner remains unclear for days. Because of the pandemic, there’s been an exponential growth in the number of voters casting ballots by mail. Some states count those ballots more slowly than others, and some states also allow a complaints process for voters whose ballots are initially rejected. Because Democrats have told pollsters they’re far likelier to vote by mail, there is a strong chance Democratic vote totals might increase over the coming days. One state that promises a count quickly, on election night, is Florida — and that could help clear things up faster: it’s the largest swing state, and Trump’s re-election path, in particular, depends on him winning here. Other key states in the south — namely, North Carolina and Arizona — also expect to count mail ballots quickly on election night. If the overall winner remains unclear after those results come in, the attention shifts to northern swing states such as Pennsylvania and Michigan — and those results might not be clear on election night.

George Bernard Shaw

Trump got Ohio. If I remember correctly, no president has ever won without Ohio. His lead is improving in numerous other swing states as well. I can’t see Biden winning at all.

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM View Post
I can understand that, but what does 98% reported mean then? Just election day votes?
I’m no expert but some states, even counties, already counted the mail in ballots while others won’t be until after the same day ballots are counted. Whatever state is reporting 98% reported must have already counted the mail in ballots. I think.......lol.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Trump got Ohio. If I remember correctly, no president has ever won without Ohio. His lead is improving in numerous other swing states as well. I can’t see Biden winning at all.

Trump did win Ohio in the last election and he is leading there in this election, 53% to 45%

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Been watching this race. 2 congressional districts. Can anyone explain that.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:26 PM

End of the day, polls were wrong again.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:29 PM

The only TV reporting I can get on this is from CTV and it’s easily the worst and most biased “reporting” I’ve ever seen.

Disgusting.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool View Post
The only TV reporting I can get on this is from CTV and it’s easily the worst and most biased “reporting” I’ve ever seen.

Disgusting.
I agree, except when Rona Ambrose comments, she’s really good. .
Closed Thread