Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
jrs

"There is no Alberta auction for turned in, road killed, siezed,etc wildlife. I merely suggested there should be."

I really dislike the idea of auction. I have been lucky enough to come across a few interesting found dead specimens, most of which i was allowed to keep. I know for a fact i would not have been able to compete in an auction for a few of them. Kind of puts a "Monetary Price" on wildlife as well which is good to an extent, but may fuel the black market and leads to other concerns. I know there are pretty strict rules on some found dead specimens (I'm an honest guy and have willingly forfeited things i know i could have kept if i changed the story very slightly).
Don't think a trapped cougar counts under found dead wildlife but i figured there may be some tricky rules. I wouldn't think trappers are going to lower their numbers too much either, they seem to be at a high point of their cycle.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 PM

The cat has been turned into F&W. I see no reason to continue this discusion in this forum.