Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2017, 10:48 AM

Exclamation Just got a question about a bad drone 'pilot'

I hate to refer to toy flyers as 'pilots' but that is apparently what they are demanding to be referred to as. I just fly them, don't need a title.

Anyway, IF you have concerns about someone flying where/when they should not be in an unsafe manner that you think could possibly cause damage to you, your property, or someone else's property, here is the link to file a drone report.
Transport Canada has a link for dangerous/'illegal' UAV operators, but honestly unless there is serious risk of harm I doubt they will do much. If it is annoying they may tell you to confront the neighbor, but if the neighbor is an ass and it is ongoing they may pursue it.
I would keep notes of where and when it is flying over your property or belongings, if possible get pictures of it, and also tell them when you reported to the RCMP and what was done. Names and dates help a ton.

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviati...-incident.html

I would keep notes of where and when it is flying over your property or belongings, if possible get pictures of it, and also tell them when you reported to the RCMP and what was done. Names and dates help a ton.

I would keep notes of where and when it is flying over your property or belongings, if possible get pictures of it, and also tell them when you reported to the RCMP and what was done. Names and dates help a ton. If you know for certain who it is, pass that on to TC.

You will see on their page that IF YOU...blah blah you 'should call the RCMP' but I disagree with that. Call, email, fax, write Transport Canada, but the RCMP have more important things to do than chase after annoying sounds or drones watching your supermodel wife/daughter/aunt sun bathe in your yard.

(No disrespect intended to the person that messaged me, you know this )

Transport Canada is the one pushing these rules, if you feel threatened or the neighbor is an ass, call them and make them deal with it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....