Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 PM

Default Prohibited paperwork came today for my Ar 15

Myself and the wife just recieved our prohib paperwork for our Ar-15s and the cz 858. It say the former restricted registration is revoked. No prohib classification or new registration number.....
Anyone know a good lawyer for advice on challenging the revoked liscence?
Old 07-21-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
Myself and the wife just recieved our prohib paperwork for our Ar-15s and the cz 858. It say the former restricted registration is revoked. No prohib classification or new registration number.....
Anyone know a good lawyer for advice on challenging the revoked liscence?
Go down to the Provincial court house and file for a Section 74 judicial review.
Join one of the Orgs who are challenging this in court, and donate as much as you can to the court challenge.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-21-2020, 07:33 PM

Thanks appreciate the help.. I already belong to the ccfr. I have also donated money to this as well. Is the form straight forward? Will the court house know what that is? Any other advice would help.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:01 PM

Have a look in the Legalese section on CGN, seems to me there is a post there explaining it. I may have posted something in the C71 thread also, can't remember off the top of my head, it would be sometime this year though. CCFR has discontinued some of their legal stuff now, may still have advice available.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Go down to the Provincial court house and file for a Section 74 judicial review.
Join one of the Orgs who are challenging this in court, and donate as much as you can to the court challenge.
We could put enough pressure on the system to make it collapse if everyone did this and totally legal.

Grizz
Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 AM

There is a 'legal notice' from CSSA floating around. They are saying that these notices people are receiving were written in a way that gives them a loop hole from a section 74 challenge, unfortunately. Possibly in the future, when/if the official notice is sent but not now.

h ttps://cssa-cila.org/the-rcmps-not-a-registration-certificate-revocation-letter/
Old 07-22-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-regard View Post
There is a 'legal notice' from CSSA floating around. They are saying that these notices people are receiving were written in a way that gives them a loop hole from a section 74 challenge, unfortunately. Possibly in the future, when/if the official notice is sent but not now.

h ttps://cssa-cila.org/the-rcmps-not-a-registration-certificate-revocation-letter/
That's too bad....I just got my letter today and was gearing up to go file my challenge....but, they certainly are a greasy pack of bastards, very slippery.

Wonder what they will do when their is mass non-Compliance, and they will either have to start kicking in doors and arresting people, or not.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-22-2020, 12:25 PM

File for your S.74 anyways, somebody has to look at it and respond to you, and that makes the difference, you might just get to ask a judge why due process wasn’t followed as per the Firearms Act, where is your right to appeal etc.
Just imagine if a Provincial court judge proclaims an injunction ceasing the process of the OIC going forward since the Fed’s failed to follow their own rules as prescribed in Legislation......

What ya got to lose?

There are no absolutes
Old 07-22-2020, 12:46 PM

I will be filing asap. I am up north working right now but will be filing with my wife separately for all affected firearms.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:52 PM

I just spent an hour reading through threads on CGN.....enough to make your head spin.

I will go ahead and file an appeal, but it would be nice if CGN had simple templates (for each province) that could be simply filled out and filed at your provincial court.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-22-2020, 01:36 PM

I am going to file as well. If anyone finds or creates a template, let me know.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
I am going to file as well. If anyone finds or creates a template, let me know.
x3 for a template. I got my letter today as well. May as well file anyway, can always re-file again if rejected.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post

Wonder what they will do when their is mass non-Compliance, and they will either have to start kicking in doors and arresting people, or not.
Hopefully this blends in a bit better by the time they come looking for mine

Old 07-23-2020, 10:24 AM

Holy crap! What was that- an artillery unit?
Old 08-18-2020, 04:51 PM

It took a few hours to figure it all out. My local court house was closed. For covid go figure. So an hour on the phone and I was able to speak with the court clerk in St Albert. She had no idea what I was talking about but was very polite and took my info. She phoned me back about 20 min later and asked for my email. She sent me a section 74 form to fill out and scan back. I explained there were 4 people with multiple affected restricted firearms in my family. No problem she said fill them all out and send them in. About 2 hours later we had our court date set and the stamped documents sent back to us. All you need is your so called revocation letter, mailing address, council if so desired. And reason the revocation is incorrect in your opinion. There is a spot that says cfo officers name that sent the letter. I put RCMP Cfo representative as my letter had no name just Rcmp.
I put the erroneous error was these firearms have a place in Canada for 3 gun competition, sport shooting etc. I also put the law was being circumvented by the IOC and the use of incorrect terminology and political bias was not a legal reason to change the law.
Hope this helps. If a guy goes in person to the court house with the correct documentation it would take 15 min. Good luck. Give em Hell!
Old 08-18-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
That's too bad....I just got my letter today and was gearing up to go file my challenge....but, they certainly are a greasy pack of bastards, very slippery.

Neither. If they ever have the opportunity to search your house though and find them, you will be hooped. The "reasons" they find for searching will become incresingly suspect.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 08-18-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Neither. If they ever have the opportunity to search your house though and find them, you will be hooped. The "reasons" they find for searching will become incresingly suspect.
I expect you are correct.

Old 08-19-2020, 12:29 PM

Thank goodness that the magical public protecting pieces of paper are going out! I feel so much safer now!! Now that law abiding citizens have been punished the criminals shouldn’t break the law anymore, phew. For those slow on the uptake, that’s what sarcasm looks like.

Is there anything that people who had non restricteds that are now banned can do? Other than donating, anything like this section 74? Asking for a friend...
Old 08-19-2020, 01:19 PM

Does anyone have a link to this form?
Old 08-19-2020, 01:40 PM

Not a link to the form, but, there appear to be a couple of folk who can certainly help you here;

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=386052