Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2018, 02:40 PM

Default Public consultation about the West Country has begun

The government has begun consultation about the future of the West Country over the phone. My wife had a call during supper time with a person who she couldn’t understand, they said it would be a 2 minute survey, turned into around a half hour at which point my wife told them to fill in whatever and hung up. Pretty leading questions without actually touching base on what the reasoning for the call was, questions like how do you use Alberta parks, do you like the parks, would you like more parks and resources for parks...
Old 01-31-2018, 04:07 PM

Are you sure it was Gov't of AB survey? There are no current consultations regarding the East slopes going on right now.
http://aep.alberta.ca/about-us/publi...t/default.aspx
Sounds more like an ENGO survey
Cal
Old 01-31-2018, 04:52 PM

Well it was a government of Alberta survey (at least that’s what my wife told me) asking about parks. This is the kind of survey they very well may use to say the public is on their side when they turn the West Country into a park(y2y). When someone asks if they like parks in Alberta of course people will say they do as they might not be realizing that the end game is to take away a lot of the access we currently have to do many of the things we currently enjoy