Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief16 View Post
Dude, all he was doing is how to contact this AOGAA thing. Its pretty hard to find something when you don't know where to begin. Taking a leap to saying someone has no social skills because he doesn't have to phone number to physically dial is quite absurd. This AOGAA sounds like some underground organization thing by the lack of description you are giving and wouldn't be a surprise if people wanting to get into guiding didn't join this group simple because of the cliche surrounding it. Just because someone is not part of the "in" group of fly fishers in Calgary does not mean they are going to be a terrible guide.

I am assuming by how the rest of this post went that he knows who Nancy is but repeatedly telling some to "JUST CALL NANCY" is getting nowhere. If he wanted to be a "psuedoguide" i don't think he would be putting in the effort here to trying and start out right. Give the guy a break and actually help him rather than putting him down.
Dude, Very first recommendation was trying to be helpful, was to call Nancy, who is one of the organizers for AOGAA for more info about the AOGAA if he was serious. He asked how to do it properly, I told him to call fish tales fly shop and speak to Nancy. I Explained it further a second time, and it still wasn't sufficient. A quick google search for fish tales fly shop, gives you this phone number 403 640-1273

Had he called FT and Nancy from the get go would we be having this conversation? It had to be reiterated 5 times in total by myself and Jayhad that it was in his best interest to call Nancy for further information, who would have given him a full explanation as to how the AOGAA works.

There also is no "in" crowd. The fly fishing world exists outside of AO and Facebook. These are guides that do it full time during the summer and take their jobs seriously, because its how they support their families. Not just doing it on the side like so many are trying to do. Not saying OP is doing that because he is legitimately interested.

Labels me as an dick apparently for trying to help 2 times before spelling it out. Shouldn't bother helping anyone in the first place, and next time, wont.

Last edited by Bhflyfisher; 03-29-2017 at 09:07 PM.