Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-12-2012, 10:18 PM

Default Bow Caddy?

Worth it, Opionions? I will be hunting 305. I don't have a pack that I can strap the bow too. Is it better to have bow in hand and be ready most of the time? It may just get too sluggish. I mean who wants to carry a bow for that long in your hand from sun up to sun down?

I just want to know if its worth the 30 bucks and if it does the trick?

*Please move to Archery section, I didn't see.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 AM

I love mine use it walking coulees always seems to be lots of time to get the bow out 2 quick snaps an out it comes.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM

They are great for hiking into the area in the morning, and out at night. Once you are in there, I suggest not using it. That is exactly when Mr. 180 will be right in front of you and you will need to do a lot of moving around to get your bow ready.
When you are hunting, be hunting. Not carrying. I learned that lesson the hard way.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They are great for hiking into the area in the morning, and out at night. Once you are in there, I suggest not using it. That is exactly when Mr. 180 will be right in front of you and you will need to do a lot of moving around to get your bow ready.
When you are hunting, be hunting. Not carrying. I learned that lesson the hard way.
Yep, like Shaggy says use it for transporting into your spot in the dark or out at night....

I've got a Primos Bow Sling (hooks over the cams with cups and protects strings/cables) and I sling it over my pack and behind me on my back. Carries my bow perfectly and keeps it protected and out of the way allowing me to use both hands and walk easily. Comes off my bow within seconds. Usually only have it on my bow when I know I will not need the bow.

J.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Thanks for the input.