Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM

Default Just Right Carbine

Moved from General to here, I put in the wrong spot first go round

anyone had a chance anyone had much time with one of these ? Local store has 9mm with 19" barrel for $999 thought it would be fun for the wife at the indoor range ? as well as cheap to reload for ?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc21 View Post
Moved from General to here, I put in the wrong spot first go round

anyone had a chance anyone had much time with one of these ? Local store has 9mm with 19" barrel for $999 thought it would be fun for the wife at the indoor range ? as well as cheap to reload for ?
I have been thinking hard about these aswell. I do reload, but wouldnt reload for 9mm, you can buy bulk ammo pretty cheap and i dont want to bother picking up my empties when shooting gophers.
I will say this:
1) buy a third generation version and the 9mm seem to be the most reliable.
2) also $999 seems a bit high, they run $850-899 at 99% of stores for a black one.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM

I recently watched some YouTube reviews of these and they are not very flattering. Spend some time watching reviews (particularly the longer ones which really go into detail) and you will see what I mean.

Seemed like an interesting rifle to me also, I was just concerned by the gripes of the reviewers.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuard84 View Post
I recently watched some YouTube reviews of these and they are not very flattering. Spend some time watching reviews (particularly the longer ones which really go into detail) and you will see what I mean.

Seemed like an interesting rifle to me also, I was just concerned by the gripes of the reviewers.
Pretty much all the complaints come from the 40,and 45 models. Especially the first generation rifles. I have not heard a single complaint from the owners with a 9mm in the gen 2 and 3 models.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double gun View Post
Pretty much all the complaints come from the 40,and 45 models. Especially the first generation rifles. I have not heard a single complaint from the owners with a 9mm in the gen 2 and 3 models.
I just responded to let the OP know that at some point the list of issues with this carbine was not short. That may have changed since earlier models, but I would be careful to ensure that before buying one. Some of the issues like ejection issues or light strikes could be calibre specific, but some were just general build quality issues which I can't see being calibre specific. Below is an example of the kind of review I am speaking of.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WFugeV5pnfo
Old 04-10-2013, 04:35 PM

I didnt mean to argue with you. However there are quite a few threads on cgn about the jr. Yes the gen 1 model had issues, the gen 2 fixed a bunch of the issues and the gen 3 is better still. Also as I mentioned, almost all complaints come from the 40, and 45 cal model. They also offered upgrades for the early ones to remedy the light strikes etc.