Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 PM

Default i got the bug now

well after my gopher kills this past weekend and losing some arrows and a parctice sestion last night i wrecked some more knoks and tore up some fletchings .my local bow shop is and hour away in regina so i just cant go there to fix my arrows $ 2.50 a arrow and a tank of gas and i'll run out long before i get there again so my question is i want to get a fletching jig of some sorts to fix my own arrows and to play around aliitle with some of those wraps and differnt size fletching and that left and right thing and the straight.is there a jig that will do it all ??? and what are you guys using as a jig?? i have been watching you tube and seen them all working but i want to talk to people of the pros and cons
Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 PM

Bitzenberger flecthing jig

Pro - it's the best.

Con - the price shows it.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:28 PM

dude you can get a 3 6 or 1 arrow fletching jig and do it yourself easily...when i started I used a homemade one from wood and some regular superglue...LOL but you can get the properstuff cheap at sirmailorder.ca out of winnipeg.

Best of luck man
welcome to the sport

CP
"If it gobbles, quacks, bugles or grunts, chances are I’ve chased it more than a time or two. Droppin’ the hammer and closin’ the coffin on anything with antlers, feathers or fur just never gets old."
Micheal Waddell....... just a cool cat IMO

"there is more fun in hunting with the handi cap of a bow than the sureness of a gun."
Fred Bear........ probobly the greatest hunter to ever live, definately the most respected.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 AM

I have been using the Arizona EZ fletch with great sucess. It may not be a Bitzenburger, but it still gets the job done. I like the fact that I can do all three fletchings in on shot, or just one or two if need be. You can get it in straight (1 degree offset), 4 degree and 8 degree acording to the website. Here's the link...

http://www.ezfletch.com/

You can interchange the arms to suit your liking which is nice, but it can be a bit of a pain to do it. Mine is an older style though, and it may be easier on the newer style. Over all its a great little tool, and I'm very happy I got it over a more expensive one.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:49 PM

I have used the arizon ez fletch for years and love it.Lots of gophers running around down there now?I might have to bring my bow with me when I head down to the farm there.

timba