Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 AM

Default Shooting broadhead Question

I have some low end broadheads that are the same style and weight as some higher end ones I'd like to use for hunting. I would like to practice and tune with the cheaper ones and save the pricey ones for the real thing.

My question is : Will there be a big difference in how they shoot or do I need to shoot with the pricey ones to sight in the bow ?

Note: The the two are very very similar in all aspects.

Cheap ones: 3 blade Blurs 100gr ( Found on ebay)
Good ones: 3 blade Muzzies 100 gr
Old 03-27-2009, 12:43 PM

try sighting the one in and see how the other flys with that sight in...... But since your using muzzys why not get the practice blades and use them ???? That will probably save you some headache.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:18 PM

I agree with munee4321 as far as using the practice blades for the muzzy's. I wouldn't go with thinking the cheaper ones might fly as good ar the same as the muzzy's. Get yourself a good broadhead target and practice with what you will be using. I like to take one broadhead out of a pack and use it only for practise. Spin test all your broadheads on the arrows you will use for hunting, you would be amazed how even heads out of the same pack may spin like a ruptured duck. You can usually get your arrows and heads all matched up if you spend the time.