Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Default Trudeau Skipping USMCA Summit

So, JT is skipping a summit with the US and Mexican Presidents on the new USMCA Trade agreement, because of the tariff threat Trump made regarding aluminum.

Wait, what?? If a leader is concerned about an issue, shouldn't he absolutely be looking for a meeting, and talking, and representing the interests of his country?? Like, doing his job? What a spineless idiot. The Mexican President even urged JT to come. Maybe if they told him they were going to compare socks they could get him to show....

And the comment that it is because he is going to be attending Cabinet meetings and a sitting of Parliament? How convenient, after he and Judas Singh suspended Parliament for 30 pieces of silver... What a joke it all has become. Maybe pouting like a child is a new negotiating strategy that the adults weren't aware of.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2471N9

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-06-2020, 11:06 AM

I have less than Zero use for Trudeau but the meeting is in Washington DC. Trump will not be in attendance, likely a comment from him on the whole CHAZ fiasco. Besides, Trudeau talking to Trump has never improved a damn thing so even if Trump was going we are likely far better off if our flouncy little Cottage Queen stays home.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
So, JT is skipping a summit with the US and Mexican Presidents on the new USMCA Trade agreement, because of the tariff threat Trump made regarding aluminum.

Wait, what?? If a leader is concerned about an issue, shouldn't he absolutely be looking for a meeting, and talking, and representing the interests of his country?? Like, doing his job? What a spineless idiot. The Mexican President even urged JT to come. Maybe if they told him they were going to compare socks they could get him to show....

And the comment that it is because he is going to be attending Cabinet meetings and a sitting of Parliament? How convenient, after he and Judas Singh suspended Parliament for 30 pieces of silver... What a joke it all has become. Maybe pouting like a child is a new negotiating strategy that the adults weren't aware of.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2471N9

Your problem is, you’re confusing trudeau with a leader. The two should never be used in the same sentence...... Ever!
Old 07-06-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
I have less than Zero use for Trudeau but the meeting is in Washington DC. Trump will not be in attendance, likely a comment from him on the whole CHAZ fiasco. Besides, Trudeau talking to Trump has never improved a damn thing so even if Trump was going we are likely far better off is our flouncy little Cottage Queen stays home.
Yes, all that is true....but him being pouty and not going is a real weak look too.

On the bright side, I saw that Bob Rae is appointed as Canada's new Ambassador to the UN. Seems a perfect fit, he has a lot of experience wrecking a province, maybe he can do some real damage to the whole country now.....

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-06-2020, 11:09 AM

Prime Minister Chicken Little probably doesn’t want to travel because he might catch COVID.

His wife already had COVID.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Your problem is, you’re confusing trudeau with a leader. The two should never be used in the same sentence...... Ever!
He’s on his 15th or 16th week of self isolation for you Kurt. That’s Stalin or Churchhill material right there.....
Old 07-06-2020, 11:17 AM

There are no votes to buy there. American Refugees are not looking to come North.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-06-2020, 12:25 PM

The US, under Trump's direction, has already imposed duties, then suspended them, then adjusted them, then suspended them again and now is looking to reimpose them.

There is really no point in anyone trying to deal with a circus of Trumps mood swings, changing whims and complete disregard for deals that were already done in good faith. This will be 3 times now where the deal gets changed after an agreement. Ridiculous.

As much as I dislike Trudeau - there really is no point in speak to, or reaching an agreement as it's a waste of time. Trump has shown all his trading partners he isn't trustworthy, nor credible, and he's ignorant to the countervailing processes that result from his own actions (yet loves to blame everyone else for his own mistakes). Any credibility, goodwill and trust the US has built up has been ****ed away.

I can't believe what a waste of time it must be for all those delegations representing all the countries to get together, ratify a deal, then have it all unravel because Trump didn't want to read it, doesn't understand it, and shoots off the cuff exasperating the entire circus. One day he's bragging about the great deal he did, then the next day he's changing directions, then bragging about something else - the guy is clown.

We ship Aluminum (and steel) everyday cross border. Our Logistics and Trade Compliance people have the worst job in the world right now. lol.

Honestly - it's a complete waste of time anyways. Trying to get 2 clowns together to do a deal is like whizzing up a rope.

Last edited by EZM; 07-06-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:33 PM

Any issues Blackface has with Trump won’t be solved by hiding under his bed. If he went to the meeting people might expect him to show up at parliament, can’t have that happening.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The US, under Trump's direction, has already imposed duties, then suspended them, then adjusted them, then suspended them again and now is looking to reimpose them.

There is really no point in anyone trying to deal with a circus of Trumps mood swings, changing whims and complete disregard for deals that were already done in good faith. This will be 3 times now where the deal gets changed after an agreement. Ridiculous.

As much as I dislike Trudeau - there really is no point in speak to, or reaching an agreement as it's a waste of time. Trump has shown all his trading partners he isn't trustworthy, nor credible, and he's ignorant to the countervailing processes that result from his own actions (yet loves to blame everyone else for his own mistakes). Any credibility, goodwill and trust the US has built up has been ****ed away.

I can't believe what a waste of time it must be for all those delegations representing all the countries to get together, ratify a deal, then have it all unravel because Trump didn't want to read it, doesn't understand it, and shoots off the cuff exasperating the entire circus. One day he's bragging about the great deal he did, then the next day he's changing directions, then bragging about something else - the guy is clown.

We ship Aluminum (and steel) everyday cross border. Our Logistics and Trade Compliance people have the worst job in the world right now. lol.

Honestly - it's a complete waste of time anyways. Trying to get 2 clowns together to do a deal is like whizzing up a rope.
He is the Prime Minister of the second largest land mass in the world. He needs to start acting like it. This isn’t a county fair.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-06-2020, 01:46 PM

Trudope is going to skip everything for the rest of his term.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:47 PM

He could send his deputy Prime Minister in his place, she does have more balls than he does. He's pretty much delegated most of his duties to her anyway.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Trudope is going to skip everything for the rest of his term.
Again, unless there are votes to be bought

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Anytime you oppose sparkel socks, (and I do), just remember, you or your counter part put him in there. And if you think this is bad, look at the US politics, a person once elected gets that salary for life. At least in Canada you have to spend 5 years to get a pension. If some one can come up with a better plan, let's hear it, not, that it would do any good or not.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
If a leader is concerned about an issue...........
Whoa.... hold up.... full stop... there’s where you went wrong..... he’s not a leader. He’s a cry baby.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:19 PM

Trump hurt the Turds feeling so he is going to hide. Does the idiot not understand this also involves trade with Mexico
Old 07-06-2020, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
He is the Prime Minister of the second largest land mass in the world. He needs to start acting like it. This isn’t a county fair.
I don't think going down there for some treaty signing photo op in the current situation is a good idea anyway but after Trump decides he's gonna start jerking us around again? Especially not.

How would you suggest he deal with Trump's tariff shenanigans? In what way is the path he's chosen wrong? Be specific.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
I don't think going down there for some treaty signing photo op in the current situation is a good idea anyway but after Trump decides he's gonna start jerking us around again? Especially not.

How would you suggest he deal with Trump's tariff shenanigans? In what way is the path he's chosen wrong? Be specific.
So insulting Mexico in the process alienating another trade partner helps the situation?
Old 07-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:

It's wrong because he was invited, the same as the Mexican President (who publicly urged him to come).....and just because the Don is an extremely difficult narcissist to deal with, doesn't mean that our 'leader' (using the term very loosely) shouldn't at least pretend to be an adult and an elected PM, and go friggin do his job and try and get some resolution on it. Maybe he could have a private meeting with the President, close his eyes and pretend he is with Gerald or something....whatever. Just pouting and declining to go is fine if you are in a position of power. JT certainly isn't. Just ask the Chinese.

It's bloody embarrassing after a while, just how weak and outright idiotic he looks on the world stage. No damn wonder he didn't get his vanity UN Security Seat. Who the hell want's that goofball around??

Old 07-06-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
He could send his deputy Prime Minister in his place, she does have more balls than he does. He's pretty much delegated most of his duties to her anyway.
True. Actually a better idea.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:

You’re right. He should stay home and hide.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-06-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
So insulting Mexico in the process alienating another trade partner helps the situation?
I hope he (Trudeau) has the sensibility to mitigate our relationship with Mexico, I'm certain they would understand our reluctance to come down for basically a deal that's only good for as long as Trump thinks it works for him, or he changes his mind, or decides otherwise.

Hang on, yeah, we are talking about Trudeau being sensible .... never mind .... you're right.

No winning here.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 PM

He's hiding since Norman Verasty filed his papers.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:18 PM

he needs to download more games on his phone to keep him entertained at the next world leader meeting he attends. or doesnt attend. no one wants to talk to him anyways they probably got tired of all the duh duh duhs um er duh

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-06-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritterCommander View Post
He's hiding since Norman Verasty filed his papers.
Is he the one that filed with the US Embassy?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-06-2020, 09:46 PM

Apparently snubbing our largest trading partner will help the budget balance itself. I can see more tariffs coming.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:49 PM

How could he go and attend a celebration on the USMCA when Section 27 was implemented specifically for him and his Government? He has a lot of explaining to do about this and many other things like involvement in the transportation of uranium (Uranium 1)from the US via the Clinton's to Europe, Iran and North Korea. The alleged connections to the Bronfman family(NXIVM), Money laundering, Trudeau foundation connection to the Clinton Foundation and the list goes on but anyways here is the link to Section 27 of the USMCA and the other stuff is easily searchable.

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files...corruption.pdf
Regardless of the overwhelming odds or obstacles in your path,
you always have an opportunity to overcome.
It is your attitude that will determine the outcome.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Im sure hes had plenty of balls. just not in his pants

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-07-2020, 08:30 AM

If your PM were to appear at the least he would have a very favorable American media more than willing to push any Canadian reservations or opposition thoughts on the deal. He gains nothing at all for the Canadian cause or people by not participating. Very odd.

Osky
Old 07-07-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
we are likely far better off if our flouncy little Cottage Queen stays home.
Oh wow, I haven't heard that word since Jackie Gleason used in in "Smokey and the Bandit"! Thanks, Dean2, made me smile.