Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 07:59 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

At the end of the day what this moron did was unacceptable and there is no reasoning to go on a rampage to prove a point.....I bet ya the police on site sat back as they are under the magnifying glass right now....talked the threat into reasoning.....probably some tense moments....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-04-2020, 09:49 AM

Let me be clear, I loathe the current PM and Federal Governing party with every ounce of my fabric! All I’m asking is to not outright post on a public forum, anything that is in anyway threatening, or supporting a threatening action towards our PM. No one can sensor our thoughts, or read our minds, so pleasant dreams everyone.😉
Old 07-04-2020, 10:12 AM

The erosion of our democracy started long before Trudeau Jr. He is just the latest figurehead for the Liberal machine.
Conservative politicians have had an active hand in it, in their turn at high office. Steven Harper was the most prolific user of secret OIC in history.
Posturing, virtue signalling politicians of all stripes disgust me.
Having said that, the cure is in the ballot box.
Politics won't get better without involved citizens demanding transparency .
Once elected, a Government should be for all the people, not just those who voted the "right" way.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
The erosion of our democracy started long before Trudeau Jr. He is just the latest figurehead for the Liberal machine.
Conservative politicians have had an active hand in it, in their turn at high office. Steven Harper was the most prolific user of secret OIC in history.
Posturing, virtue signalling politicians of all stripes disgust me.
Having said that, the cure is in the ballot box.
Politics won't get better without involved citizens demanding transparency .
Once elected, a Government should be for all the people, not just those who voted the "right" way.

A Peoples Party

Where everyone is truly equal. Where success is rewarded rather than taxed to oblivion, where the sick get help, where canadians are number one, where FN people dont get veto powers but they dont have to boil their water to drink it, where criminals do time for our protection but get some education to make themselves better...etc etc

Not liberal, not conservative. Centre. No pendulum swings.

A complete rethink.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
A Peoples Party

Where everyone is truly equal. Where success is rewarded rather than taxed to oblivion, where the sick get help, where canadians are number one, where FN people dont get veto powers but they dont have to boil their water to drink it, where criminals do time for our protection but get some education to make themselves better...etc etc

Not liberal, not conservative. Centre. No pendulum swings.

A complete rethink.
I'm down with this. Equal treatment of all citizens, no separate sets of rules for any groups. No shaming over past deeds committed by ancestors. A hand up when needed, but no welfare state. The opportunity to succeed or fail as you see fit, where volunteering to fail does not garner sympathy but things like physical handicaps or serious illness do not put you into the same public assistance category as those who are intentional misfits.

Political leaders responding to their constituents needs rather than politicians force-feeding their own dogma to the point they have to resort to propaganda to fool the public into backing them.

Real consequences for politicians who are caught breaching ethical boundaries, as in consequences far in excess of what a civilian convicted of something similar would face. Also the complete forfeiture of their pension. Real consequences for real crime.

People convicted of murders shouldn't get out, regardless of whether they were judged as Not Criminally Responsible due to insanity or not. No releases of Vince Li or Matthew De Grood types, they should be subject to permanent incarceration for public safety. Mass murderers should not be in the aisles of our grocery stores or walking through our parks.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
You really think they will wait that long?
Yes, he will wait that long. There is an quasi-protocal that delays an election call while a party is seeking a leader.
Trudeau will want to drop the writ while the CPC tries to get organized. Should O'Toole prevail, I don't think MacKay will smooth the way which further advance the Liberal position.

Nora Loreto 6:49 PM 8 Apr. 2018
Old 07-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Too bad he missed but I'd still like to buy the man a beer just for trying.
X2
Old 07-06-2020, 11:21 AM

More illegal guns doesn't say if he had a PAL

According to the court information sheet, Hurren allegedly had the following loaded firearms with him:

An M14 rifle.
A Hi-Standard revolver, a restricted firearm for which Hurren allegedly did not have a licence.
A Lakefield Mossberg shotgun.
A Dominion Arms Grizzly shotgun.
Hurren also allegedly had with him a high-capacity magazine, without a licence.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hur...arge-1.5639043
Old 07-06-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
More illegal guns doesn't say if he had a PAL

According to the court information sheet, Hurren allegedly had the following loaded firearms with him:

An M14 rifle.
A Hi-Standard revolver, a restricted firearm for which Hurren allegedly did not have a licence.
A Lakefield Mossberg shotgun.
A Dominion Arms Grizzly shotgun.
Hurren also allegedly had with him a high-capacity magazine, without a licence.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/hur...arge-1.5639043

So a pistol and no RPAL, High capacity Mag, also prohibited before the order in council....

I thought more laws were supposed to prevent this sort of thing....
Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm down with this. Equal treatment of all citizens, no separate sets of rules for any groups. No shaming over past deeds committed by ancestors. A hand up when needed, but no welfare state. The opportunity to succeed or fail as you see fit, where volunteering to fail does not garner sympathy but things like physical handicaps or serious illness do not put you into the same public assistance category as those who are intentional misfits.

Political leaders responding to their constituents needs rather than politicians force-feeding their own dogma to the point they have to resort to propaganda to fool the public into backing them.

Real consequences for politicians who are caught breaching ethical boundaries, as in consequences far in excess of what a civilian convicted of something similar would face. Also the complete forfeiture of their pension. Real consequences for real crime.

People convicted of murders shouldn't get out, regardless of whether they were judged as Not Criminally Responsible due to insanity or not. No releases of Vince Li or Matthew De Grood types, they should be subject to permanent incarceration for public safety. Mass murderers should not be in the aisles of our grocery stores or walking through our parks.
Good post to you and to Huntingstuff. I'd love to see this kind of mindset get some traction and take off.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Arrow View Post
Good post to you and to Huntingstuff. I'd love to see this kind of mindset get some traction and take off.
did you use "Mind" and Liberals in the same sentence? those 2 really do make a lot of sense. got my vote!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-07-2020, 06:49 AM

Default gofundme update

posted today :
"by Bill Gade, Organizer
Go Fund Me has requested that we post additional information to ensure you know where your donations are going. This is a common request when a fundraiser becomes popular. So thanks to your support, we've reached that point.

As you know, this fundraiser is meant to support Jennifer and her children. Until now, they had a family that looked after each other but that won't be the same for the foreseeable future. That means Jennifer will find a new role as the sole supporter of her family. And, many of us want to help with that burden.

The funds received will be used to support the everyday needs of the family. This includes things such a electricity bills, food, housing, clothing and of course school supplies and such for the children.

When our radio station organized this campaign we committed that it would not be for the benefit of Corey Hurren. We also made a commitment that if the amount of donations became large, we would work with the family to ensure it was all used for appropriate expenses.

Now that we have exceeded $9,000 we will be doing just that. You can expect to see updates as the money is directed to the family. As part of that process, we will be withdrawing the funds from the fundraiser and posting updates about their use. If you have any questions about the process you are always welcome to call the station at 1-204-734-6484.

We too are as interested in seeing the money benefit the family as many of you are - so stay tuned as it does just that! "

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Let me be clear, I loathe the current PM and Federal Governing party with every ounce of my fabric! All I’m asking is to not outright post on a public forum, anything that is in anyway threatening, or supporting a threatening action towards our PM. No one can sensor our thoughts, or read our minds, so pleasant dreams everyone.😉
Tragic part about our political situation is that someone would see this as the only way out and a significant part of the population is sympathetic. That's not healthy.

Grizz