Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2022, 01:54 PM

Default Conversation for a gloomy Tuesday

I identified mine in different thread, wondering about yours? What is the little guardian keeper/man/woman on your shoulder that no one else hears, cautioning you about? Maybe this convo will help some people feel less alone.
Old 05-17-2022, 02:44 PM

I can't really help out with that as my guardian has been pretty good to me over the years. I have learned that if it doesn't feel right. Don't do it. Luck runs out eventually and in all reality you know or at least you should know when something is off..
Biggest thing for me, and I practice this in life as well at my job. Is be kind. It's better to be kind than right sometimes. I would rather teach a lesson or guide an apprentice without telling them they are wrong. Instead, lead them down the path to a solution to a specific problem. I have found that by not pointing out to someone that they have the wrong answer, and making them feel bad and me feel good for being 'smarter'. it always went further in the mentoring relationship and trust building. I hope one day that the apprentices I have taught look back as a good experience working with me and move that rock forward with their eventual students.
Second and last. If you are going to do good things. Do them for the sake of being a kind person, not for some photo op or social media post. I have also learned that it isn't what you do in front of people that makes a person a good person. It is also what that person does when no one is there to watch.
It took me 50 years on this planet and by no means have I listened to that whisper in my ear my whole life. When you recognize the signs, you learn to accept them.

Tullfan
Old 05-17-2022, 02:53 PM

Mine pretends to be a mute. When it is all said and done and everything is ok/goes bad it mimes to me 'see, told ya'

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-17-2022, 08:46 PM
Banned

It's your "soul" guiding/watching you
Old 05-17-2022, 09:18 PM

The voice in my head is always trying to get me into trouble. It's kinda weird tho that the boss is always saying "don't do that" just like she can hear the voices in my head too before I even do what it says.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2022, 08:32 PM

Mine says "stop looking at corvettes, you don't fit anymore". True story. (ok it was my wife saying that).
Old 05-18-2022, 10:46 PM

Angel on one shoulder, Devil on the other. Problem is the devil is 10 ft taller than her.......

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King