Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 PM

Question Buying Online

I am looking to purchase now that I got my PAL and I have heard of some websites offering better deals than private or box stores but I have always been wary of buying anything online except for Pizza 73. Which sites are good? Which sites are bad? What should I watch for? Am I better off buying from a store and paying the extra dough?

Thanks for the help as always guys
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 AM

If you have fired the same model firearm you see online and know that is the one you want, ask if they can send you more photos. Really make sure it is what you want. It is a gamble to purchase a gun online if you have never held/fired that model/type before. You may also want to try and see if your local gun store would match the price that is online. They most likely won't, but it wouldnt hurt to try. best of luck to you.
Some good sites are:
firearmscanada.com
moregunssupply.com
frontierfirearms.ca
gunauction.ca
shop.tradeexcanada.com
badgerarmssupply.com
there are some more, I just can't remember them right now
Old 05-11-2011, 10:45 AM

You will be hard pressed to find better prices than Prophet River on most rifles, and most scopes. Plainsight Solutions, is a sponsor at CGN that also offers great deals on optics, especially on Swarovski products.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM

Don't buy any rifle you havn't at least brought to shoulder. You could do that at a store. But if you have done that and know what you want and what fits, then by all means order online. Hope you don't have any problems with it though. No guarantees of course, but I think it's easier for a retailer to tell a customer to take a hike by e-mail than face-to-face.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
No guarantees of course, but I think it's easier for a retailer to tell a customer to take a hike by e-mail than face-to-face.
A reputable dealer will back his product if he sends the wrong product, or it is defective.

On the other hand, there are bottom feeders that will send you the wrong merchandise, or defective merchandise, and then refuse to make good when made aware of the problem.

The problem is knowing who is who, because I have dealt with dealers that fit both categories, and some of each were forum sponsors.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Don't buy any rifle you havn't at least brought to shoulder. You could do that at a store. But if you have done that and know what you want and what fits, then by all means order online. Hope you don't have any problems with it though. No guarantees of course, but I think it's easier for a retailer to tell a customer to take a hike by e-mail than face-to-face.
Good advice.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:26 PM

I've had real good luck with:

Shooters Choice in Arrowood
Moving Target
Trade Ex
Ellwood Epps
Gagon Sports
Westrifle
Wolverine

Just make sure and get pictures,and ask questions.