Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2012, 07:26 PM

Default Rossi Ranch Hand Holster

Hey fellow AO'ers, I posted this on another forum, but thought I'd share this here as well

Hey guys, thought I would share some quick pics - had some time today so I sketched out a pattern and made up a quick holster for my Ranch Hand. Color came out darker than I had hoped only because (like a dolt) I used a swab instead of a cloth to dye it & it was streaked a tad so had to double up the dye.
(I picked the right gauge of leather because it's nice and stiff but the holster is only 1/2 the weight of a cellphone - 8.55oz)

Anyways, took a few hours from scratch but seems to hold it tight & works really well.

The detail of the edge pattern

Back

Barrel clearance

How the rifle sits - holstered.

weight

It worked out alright, but I may do another with a cutout front spine for a little quicker draw & in a lighter color, the dark Mahogany looks even darker in the pictures than it really is in sunlight.

Still have to add the leg strap in one of the sets of holes at the back, I'll see how it feels once on.

Ideas to the next one :
-Make it interchangeable from a hip to back to pack with loops and a cross shoulder strap.
-Possible making a swivel belt loop so one can crouch or kneel and the holster will bend with the wearer.
-maybe throw a pocket/pouch on the front for a knife or cleaning kit.

:HR: