Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 09:48 PM

Default Prophet River firearms shout out!

FINALLY got to drop into Prophet river yesterday for a bit and meet up with Clay and his crew!
Although he was pretty busy he dropped what he was doing to come out front and talk with us
Had quite a job getting out of there without dropping a a pile of cash on several guns however!!
I was able to pick up a box of 150 Grain Barnes in .311 to try in the Ruger/Leeper as well as some QD rings for it, and Clay even dug out a set of Rings that we have been searching for to go on Zippo45/70's Big Brno 450AI as well!

Great store, helpful staff, and what a crapload of fantastic guns, both inexpensive and " the sky's the limit"!!

We talked quite a bit about the fact that a small town Canuck store can get someone like Ruger to get up a great little carbine single shot in an obsolete cartridge and make it sell, although I was a bit bummed when he told me that there were in fact a very small number on the .303's put into RSI configuration for a few special people!
Boyoboy, if I EVER run into one of those, it's going home with me for sure!!!
He also mentioned a few of the guns coming up in the future, some really neat rifles that will be limited in production.
If you are ever in Lloydminster and get the chance, take some time and drop in, there is something there for every facet of shooter!
Cat
Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
FINALLY got to drop into Prophet river yesterday for a bit and meet up with Clay and his crew!
Although he was pretty busy he dropped what he was doing to come out front and talk with us
Had quite a job getting out of there without dropping a a pile of cash on several guns however!!
I was able to pick up a box of 150 Grain Barnes in .311 to try in the Ruger/Leeper , and Clay even dug out a set of Rings that we have been searching for to go on Zippo's Big Brno 450AI as well!

Great store, helpful staff, and what a crapload of fantastic guns, both inexpensive and " the sky's the limit"!!

We talked quite a bit about the fact that a small town Canuck store can get someone like Ruger to get up a great little carbine single shot in an obsolete cartridge and make it sell, although I was a bit bummed when he told me that there were in fact a very small number on the .303's put into RSI configuration for a few special people!
Boyoboy, if I EVER run into one of those, it's going home with me for sure!!!
He also mentioned a few of the guns coming up in the future, some really neat rifles that will be limited in production.
If you are ever in Lloydminster and get the chance, take some time and drop in, there is something there for every facet of shooter!
Cat
future guns?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 PM

RSI's in some neat cartridges and with upgraded New Zealand wood!
Cat
Old 06-01-2014, 09:53 PM

You had a .303 in your grasp a couple months ago

LC
Old 06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
RSI's in some neat cartridges and with upgraded New Zealand wood!
Cat
nice!!!, I was there last weekend, very impressive stuff!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You had a .303 in your grasp a couple months ago

LC
Yes, but NOT an RSI!!
And seriously speaking , a rifle has to have some really big time pizazz going on to match the masterpiece that Bill Leeper made for me!
Right from the half round/octagon barrel to the great stock, that rifle just oozes class

Cat
Old 06-01-2014, 10:35 PM

I had them bring a new 1886 winchester 45-90 up from the states for me. They were very courteous and helpful. I would recommend them any time.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:06 AM

Default Prf

I have purchased a few firearms from Clay at Prophet River and have always been very very impressed with the customer service. I was trying to plan a fishing/Prophet river trip this summer but it isn't looking good. Some day I will make it up there, however I will be leaving my bank card / visa at home.

Joe
Old 06-02-2014, 12:24 AM

service, accountability, honesty,.... & a class act
Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 AM
Banned

I've done business with Clay 2 times and he is a stand up guy with great service.

I will always recommend him.