Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Dmcbride....I will repeat the ABA did not act alone they are part of AGMAG, the other stake holders collectively have more say than the ABA if a proposal is off base to the majority of the user groups, they can band against a single group and shoot down an idea they do not want to move forward.

For the record, I know spears and atlatl's have a very small following and the influence is going to be minimal....BUT as other hunting methods have rules/regs/ and minimums so should these methods.

LC

Lefty it's funny this thread has come up , I had a coffee yesterday with a guy that used to be on a board and was at the Agmag table . This was a few years back and he has since moved on.. We were discussing the changes to moose hunting and the 500's . His comment was us ESRD have already made up there minds Agmag is nothing more then a feel good front. On anyone issue they have the votes to go whichever way they feel... Look who is at the table, at anyone time ESRD can put any or all of them against each other quite effectively . He sat there and flat out told me on more the. One issue they were told how to vote.. It s about as corrupt a system as you could ever imagine with no accountability , they point fingers and say the advisory group wanted it this way, nothing could be further from truth. I take this man at his word he had nothing to gain by telling me this.
As for the ABA and the spear situation they should have consulted the general membership before speaking on behalf if them.. Simple