Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-20-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwayzie View Post
Yeah you gotta buy them on his website or search high and low for a streaming site. They're much better though. Less marketing and more hunting.
The old ones are also on the Sportsman Channel and you can PVR them
Old 09-21-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleague View Post
I would agree with that to an extent, but this is a whole new level IMO.

-Hunts an exotic species on a large private ranch in Texas: Kind of blew my mind.

- Does a fully outfitted horseback mule deer hunt: Not a major thing, but he's promoted DIY type hunting for so long it was a bit surprising.

- Wounds an elk he never finds, end of season.

Thats not a summary, thats pretty much the whole thing. Do yourselves a favor and skip this one.
You feel like typing *spoiler alert!* or something similar before you outline the entire season? Some of us been out hunting and haven't had the chance to watch it yet...
Old 09-21-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I hope it doesn't change much. I haven't seen the new season but Meateater is one of the only hunting shows I like.
Agree.

Began watching this season and his past Netflix ones, just seen the outfitter 2 part last night. I enjoyed his past seasons, am enjoying this one so far. I must have got on the Meateater bandwagon late and missed these previous shows where the content was so much better.

I see a guy who loves to hunt, informative, some cooking info and shows what can really happen out there. So if one episode has a lost elk, bad shot etc, that's fine with me as it happens.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxiD View Post
So on Netflix there is only season 8 and 9. Does anyone know where I can see seasons 1-7?
Hey

You can subscribe to MyOutdoorTV...It's like $7.99 a month but the first week is free. It has all the Meateater seasons except 8 & 9. Plus there is tons of other content on there to last you a lifetime lol.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:28 PM

Default Randy Newberg

Might I suggest a new Hunter that is worth a watch. hasn't sold out, doesn't need the fame and fortune, hunts for the hunting and the true love of it. In fact each episode he is taking someone with him that actually has a meaning or a purpose in his life. This guy has a Youtube channel, 2 different series based on hunting and he has a Podcast. If you've ever wanted to learn about Elk hunting I'd strongly suggest watching and listening to him.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Banned

Default Randy Newberg

He has always be honest about his hunts filming as they happen no skript as he
has said in the past always worth a look .
Old 09-21-2020, 06:48 PM

It’s all just random entertainment to pass the time nothing more
Old 09-21-2020, 07:00 PM
Banned

Meateater? Sounds like it would be a better show than granolamuncher.

I’ve watched a few of his shows, nothing special imo. It’s a hunting show and a cooking show, the strange part is I like the hunting channel and the wife likes the cooking channel yet neither of us have the urge to program it in the pvr. I figure it’s too much like an average day in the field. I don’t see him holding out for a mature animal, I don’t see any trophy animals, it’s a pretty bland meat pole type show, hopefully the new direction will make a few changes.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:52 PM

Exclamation Too close for comfort

Interesting interview with Steve Rinella on the Joe Rogan Experience #1559. In this 11:14 clip Steve discusses the teams close encounter with a large brown bear while retrieving hanging elk meat on Afognak Island. His comments are worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSnfI3IrtA

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 11-14-2020, 09:01 PM

They are now posting season 2 on youtube an episode at a time, if anyone is interested. All of season 1 is already on there.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:04 PM

Sell out and make money. Or make some guys on Alberta Outdoorsmen happy.

Hard choice
Old 11-15-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorealBucks View Post
Sell out and make money. Or make some guys on Alberta Outdoorsmen happy.

Hard choice
Unlikely outcome around here, better to focus on other ideas and not worry about what other people think.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:32 AM

I don't mind if he sells out and I don't see why anyone else does. I think most of would given half a chance. Im a shill for any company that smiles when I got up to the till let alone gives me free stuff.

I don't mind watching some of his hunts. I just find his views on meat and hunting annoying sometimes. Talking about having a meat crisis if he doesn't get this moose. Or the colonialism when he went abroad. I would just love to have a good hunting TV show with out all the moral posturing. Hence why I stick to hunters vermin on yourtu e
Old 11-16-2020, 09:55 AM

Meat eater fans,

He does diy hunts where he Flys into remote exciting places I’ll never be able to afford to go to and dosnt always shoot the biggest buck he’s like me I like him”

Also meat eater fans,

“The private ranch hunt in Texas was to much how dare he go somewhere where I couldn't, he sold his company to make money and he’s a sleeper agent for the gun grabbers because he wounded an elk and didn’t recover it on public land”

He makes a living writing books, doing podcasts, producing YouTube and nexflix shows. Would you be happier if he was like the trash on wild tv with a 21 min show 15 of which is product placement for garbage equipment? Can’t make anyone happy these days.