Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Banned

Default NFA very quiet !

I am surprised , for the intro of a new gun bill , gun owners and the
NFA are pretty non committal ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun-...2018-1.4581821

I remember distinctly how they did us the first time !
Hopefully we won't take it laying down again !
Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM

So now we have to show a valid license to purchase? And stores must keep records? Hope the civilians are impressed.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:33 PM

They have to wait and see what's coming up all there is speculation anything from "meh" to complete confiscation ?
The Lib's don't have a plan to combat the real problem gang violence all they can do is harass legit gun owners to con their followers into believing that they're doing something.....again!

Old 03-19-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
They have to wait and see what's coming up all there is speculation anything from "meh" to complete confiscation ?
The Lib's don't have a plan to combat the real problem gang violence all they can do is harass legit gun owners to con their followers into believing that they're doing something.....again!

Absolutely right. They have no one else to stick it to except law abiding upstanding firearms owners, because they have some control over us. They can't control criminals & they know it , no matter what they preach to the misinformed Canadians about safety. Licenced firearms owners are the most scrutinized people in Canada in the Rcmp databank (daily), yet the lib's heap more restrictions on those of us, ( I guess to justify their jobs). They are the ones with the mental health issues, & should see a good pyshciatrist , as its obvious they are incompetent at their current position.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Banned

Text of the bill is not yet available, (http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/BillDet...billId=9710291) but it may be later today.

At any rate, from what is available through news outlets, I'm not sure if there is anything really in there that is of immediate issue. Extra screening for handguns? That is already in place, and I think that is fluff for the pigeons that support this government.

I reserve my right to completely changing my mind once I read the full text.