Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 AM

Default Canada Goose

Guys, could be good news for future coyote prices. Canada Goose just announced a new manufacturing plant in Montreal.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:41 AM

I saw an article a couple weeks ago regarding an expansion of their outwerwear line as well. Looked like some (new) pretty schnazzy jackets that'll be coming down the line soon too... and all had fur for compliments on them

I figured that good news when I seen it. May-be what's proposed for production in the new plant ??
Old 02-15-2019, 10:15 AM

Default CG

The global news story refers to their parka's, will employ only 100 first year then grow to 660. A side note the cold Chicago guys with guns are stealing Canada goose parkas from people on the street with latest cold weather.
Will need alot of coyote skins to keep 660 sewers busy!
Old 02-15-2019, 11:11 AM

Be nice if they'd open some out west here, be some nice jobs.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:25 PM
AO Sponsor

I’d be happy with a couple of new pipes in the ground, one going east and one going west... both to tidewater!!! Get this country from $16 a barrel to $60
Old 02-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
I saw an article a couple weeks ago regarding an expansion of their outwerwear line as well. Looked like some (new) pretty schnazzy jackets that'll be coming down the line soon too... and all had fur for compliments on them

I figured that good news when I seen it. May-be what's proposed for production in the new plant ??
These ones? Would have looked nicer with Arctic Fox trim IMO. Probably not feasible though.

Canada Goose unveils parkas designed by Inuit designers

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...ngat-1.5003266
Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM

Default parka

Dave, Arctic fox little pricey and rare. I would like to see red fox and wolf trim. Just imagine we would save our caribou, moose and elk population by getting decent price for wolves. I called in a pack of 13 wolves once while elk hunting and the 6-8 different colors in that pack would add variety to coat trim.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Dave, Arctic fox little pricey and rare. I would like to see red fox and wolf trim. Just imagine we would save our caribou, moose and elk population by getting decent price for wolves. I called in a pack of 13 wolves once while elk hunting and the 6-8 different colors in that pack would add variety to coat trim.
Moose Knuckles coats use farmed blue fox fur for trim. Looks pretty close to Arctic fox.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:33 PM
AO Sponsor

We’ll likely see more and more of that, there just isn’t enough coyote to go around to meet this increased demand. If the goods get too expensive or difficult to secure stable quantities then the manufacturer moves on to something that is cheaper and/or more easily obtainable. The market is ripe for a switch from coyote just due to fashion waves. but I don’t see it happening yet. Likely when it does it won’t be an overnight thing, unless it’s some bizzare scenario, the unforeseen (by most).

So we’ll do our best to keep them in business!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:41 AM

Default CG

Marty is probably right, the high coyote numbers near populated areas makes them a high volume fur source for CG. The registered trapline fur fluctuates allot and takes significant work to secure each pelt. Just use example of how our marten numbers fluctuate over the years.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
These ones? Would have looked nicer with Arctic Fox trim IMO. Probably not feasible though.

Canada Goose unveils parkas designed by Inuit designers

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north...ngat-1.5003266
Those would be the ones Dave, you bet ... may-be their answer to that fashion fluctuation Marty keeps mentioning ?? Never know. To an ordinary dumbell looking-in like me, diversification to their line and staying ahead of demand is exactly what that new stuff is intended for.

But I'll tell you something else. The girlfriend works as an eyelash tech (latest fad goin' with the ladies these days) and I see alot of those women wearing parkas that aren't Canada goose but-do have fur trim on each of them. Many brands. I've paid attention because I'm selling coyotes into this market same as you guys, and I like to try see what kinda pieces are being used on all those different parkas ... long story short, some of those trims aren't very schnazzy at all [NOTHING I'd call top-lot quality anyway] yet the ladies wearing them claim them beautiful and when asked about it they always reply coyote (or racoon??) Half don't even know what they have. And I guarantee at least half have no idea if it's real. They pay regardless, as long as it looks nice.

So don't underestimate the ladies driving these markets ... they drive through blizzards & snowstorms like hell wouldn't have to get hair-do's and new lash-extentions, times they should stay home for sure. When it comes to fashion & looking beautiful it's no holds barred to slow them down, and money truly does become "no object" lol.. I see it with my own eyes-- it can't be any different in China, Finland, Russia or wherever. And I think the people at Goose know that too. As long as there's a player willing to run with that, the guys like us supplying from the bottom should do well too ... best hope the new Inuit design line hits it outta the park & keeps the notion for fashion fresh among the ladies out there!!!

Trapper oughtta do well too as long as that lasts
Old 02-26-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywillow View Post
Those would be the ones Dave, you bet ... may-be their answer to that fashion fluctuation Marty keeps mentioning ?? Never know. To an ordinary dumbell looking-in like me, diversification to their line and staying ahead of demand is exactly what that new stuff is intended for.

But I'll tell you something else. The girlfriend works as an eyelash tech (latest fad goin' with the ladies these days) and I see alot of those women wearing parkas that aren't Canada goose but-do have fur trim on each of them. Many brands. I've paid attention because I'm selling coyotes into this market same as you guys, and I like to try see what kinda pieces are being used on all those different parkas ... long story short, some of those trims aren't very schnazzy at all [NOTHING I'd call top-lot quality anyway] yet the ladies wearing them claim them beautiful and when asked about it they always reply coyote (or racoon??) Half don't even know what they have. And I guarantee at least half have no idea if it's real. They pay regardless, as long as it looks nice.

So don't underestimate the ladies driving these markets ... they drive through blizzards & snowstorms like hell wouldn't have to get hair-do's and new lash-extentions, times they should stay home for sure. When it comes to fashion & looking beautiful it's no holds barred to slow them down, and money truly does become "no object" lol.. I see it with my own eyes-- it can't be any different in China, Finland, Russia or wherever. And I think the people at Goose know that too. As long as there's a player willing to run with that, the guys like us supplying from the bottom should do well too ... best hope the new Inuit design line hits it outta the park & keeps the notion for fashion fresh among the ladies out there!!!

Trapper oughtta do well too as long as that lasts
Word is that dog fur is pretty prevalent on a lot of Asian knock-offs.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:54 AM

Well if the plant is built some where in Quebec, good news it shouldn't go broke with Liberals in there. Actually maybe go broke but will get bailed out.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:42 AM

SNC-Lavalan building might be for sale they can move right in. Heard Bombardier aerospace has some empty buildings for sale as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk