Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-18-2013, 10:41 PM

Default Looking for realtree Xtra brown

Hey guys, im knew here and figured this would be the place to post this.

Im looking for realtree Xtra brown mesh to fashion a hunting blind from, If anyone knows where I would be able to get a hold of some it would be greatly appreciated!

Ive given up on internet searches in hope that someone has a lead on it as I am aware that it is discontinued. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 AM

Possibly here http://www.camonettingstore.com I know they sell bulk mesh and netting by the roll. Welcome to the forum
Old 11-19-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
Possibly here http://www.camonettingstore.com I know they sell bulk mesh and netting by the roll. Welcome to the forum
Thanks for the link! Im thinking I might have to give them a call as they don't advertise Real tree Xtra brown on site
Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM

Hunter Specialties make most popular camo blends in burlap aor netting that comes in 54"x12 foot rolls or even bulk 75 foot rolls..

Any archery PRO Shop can get it for you...

http://www.hunterspec.com/products/N...Burlap/all/all

They have a lot of patterns..may not be Realtree Xtra brown ...but so close it really shouldnt matter...they have all the popular Realtree camo patterns...

IMHO it doesnt matter what pattern you use as long as it isnt too dark, as the seasons change the dark stuff really stands out...

Use as much natural foilage, grasses and branches to mix in the netting...

I Use many blinds each year sucessfully with elk...as we need a lot of them I simply make what is called a debris blind...just anything natural like dead trees branches, some live trees in early season when clearing shooting lanes, and tall grasses and weeds...and they are extremely effective...

Neil

Last edited by L.O.S.T.Arrow; 11-19-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Hunter Specialties make most popular camo blends in burlap aor netting that comes in 54"x12 foot rolls or even bulk 75 foot rolls..

Any archery PRO Shop can get it for you...

http://www.hunterspec.com/products/N...Burlap/all/all

They have a lot of patterns..may not be Realtree Xtra brown ...but so close it really shouldnt matter...they have all the popular Realtree camo patterns...

IMHO it doesnt matter what pattern you use as long as it isnt too dark, as the seasons change the dark stuff really stands out...

Use as much natural foilage, grasses and branches to mix in the netting...

I Use many blinds each year sucessfully with elk...as we need a lot of them I simply make what is called a debris blind...just anything natural like dead trees branches, some live trees in early season when clearing shooting lanes, and tall grasses and weeds...and they are extremely effective...

Neil
Thank you for the input! I agree it looks very similar, its unfortunate that I can not find the same pattern. Do you know if it is available in any other meshing other than burlap?
Old 11-20-2013, 09:11 AM

Yes there is also netting patterns in a Vinyl type material , there are even very effective "leafy" type rolls of the netting..

Neil
Old 11-21-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Yes there is also netting patterns in a Vinyl type material , there are even very effective "leafy" type rolls of the netting..

Neil
Thank you! luckily I found one piece to the puzzle, the face mask! if anyone has any more of the these please message me. I will make it worth your while, I would like to get a matching one for my son

such a beautiful mesh design, they should re-issue it

Last edited by Big_buck; 11-21-2013 at 03:39 PM.