Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-13-2013, 02:03 PM

Default Fiber optic thread

I purchased a sight and one of the fibers was broken. I purchased in the USA so can return easily. Where can I get some fiber to replace section in my sight
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM

depending where the fiber broke, I usually just pull it through the pin so there is a little bit of fiber hanging outa the front of the pin then take a lighter and gently fan the fiber with a flame and the pin (fiber)comes to a head half a bubble, like it came outa the factory.. if the bubble is still a little ways from flush against the pin face just gently pull and it will flush up... hope it makes sense
Old 11-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chironomidkraut View Post
depending where the fiber broke, I usually just pull it through the pin so there is a little bit of fiber hanging outa the front of the pin then take a lighter and gently fan the fiber with a flame and the pin (fiber)comes to a head half a bubble, like it came outa the factory.. if the bubble is still a little ways from flush against the pin face just gently pull and it will flush up... hope it makes sense
Works like a charm...a lot of dealers will have extra fiber strands for sights...we have all the colors in six inch lentghs with the above method you can make micro or standard pin fiber optics

JMHO
Neil