Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 10-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Default Clearwater river

Hey everyone, a budddy and I hit the clearwater back in spring and got absolutly skunked haha. So weve decided to go back and get revenge. Im also lookin to knock brown and bulls off my alberta species left!! We will be probably starting at dickson dam then headin to the clearwater west of caroline! So was wondering if anyone could give us some tips we will be fly fishing and spin fishing we are both very in experianced with the fly but we try thanks for any help guys!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:36 AM

Chuck crankbaits or spoons that immitate whitefish. you can cover water quicker, and is a little more effective. you will get the browns this way as well. once you find them then switch it up to the fly. You have to walk long distances between pools and some stretches dont seem to hold much. i find this works good for utilizing you time! ive found some huge schools of rockies as well!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM

Thanks tight lines definatly going to be tossing some hardware,
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM

dark purple and chartreuse wooly buggers have always worked for me to catch browns and bulls in the clearwater. Just up the road from the living faith turnoff, there is a good access point to the clearwater, i used to go back there all the time and walk upstream to find some nice deep holes.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
dark purple and chartreuse wooly buggers have always worked for me to catch browns and bulls in the clearwater. Just up the road from the living faith turnoff, there is a good access point to the clearwater, i used to go back there all the time and walk upstream to find some nice deep holes.

Thanks buddy il try swingin those as well!