Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-30-2014, 12:08 PM

Default We need a tuning sticky!

Noticed a lot of "my broadheads are ......." lately, followed by the questions "did you....." I think we need to ask for a generalized bow tuning sticky. LOST and several other bow voodoo masters have has posted some excellent info, but the search function only works if you know why to look for. I say this as someone who is just starting to figure out the voodoo, and I know how much the info on here has helped.

How does this sound:

Step 1: Spec tune (post string settle)-(LOST had a good post on this, as well as the advice "take it to a pro shop") and spine selection
2: paper tune - and related diagrams
3: walkback and/or bare shaft tune - descriptions and rational for each
4: broadhead tune.
5: An explanation on terminal performance (how a poorly flying arrow wastes energy and doesn't penetrate well). So if you move your rest, you start over to make sure your arrows are flying straight.

And in big letters: START THIS EARLY!! You should be shooting good groups, broadheads and field points together, in JULY. Not looking for for shortcuts a week before the season.

I'm on my phone, I can't get the links to work... And I'm not knowledgeable enough to be the author of said sticky anyway. What do you guys think?
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 PM

. If you look back I have one...not worthy of a sticky but covers all...and more
Neil
Old 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM

Go to this page: http: //www.thearcher.com/resourceCentre/itemDetails.cfm?itemId=2

And download the completetuningguide.pdf

It is very good, and also a great read for people who would like a refreshed on arrow flight.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 PM

Just want to point out that making a sticky for each of Neil's tuning threads would make things vastly easier for people with common questions. Can a mod read this then do this or do I need to pester one with pm's (lol, private messages) to send the request in?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
Just want to point out that making a sticky for each of Neil's tuning threads would make things vastly easier for people with common questions. Can a mod read this then do this or do I need to pester one with pm's (lol, private messages) to send the request in?
Pester away

I like the discussions and all, but so many threads sound exactly the same.

And we have already started to see the "my bows not shooting right and it's almost hunting time" threads. Oh well, first world problems.