Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-07-2021, 03:12 PM

I have been a member of this forum for a few years now...and, like clockwork every year the Wainright thread turns to poop....
Old 12-07-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
You raise an interesting point….

I paid for a portion of that Leopard II and by god, if I want to touch a round off with the main gun, the military should let me!
Can I help?? Sounds like a really cool go round,,,
Old 12-07-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
You raise an interesting point….

I paid for a portion of that Leopard II and by god, if I want to touch a round off with the main gun, the military should let me!
Has nothing to do with using military weapons. It’s the choice the the command to purposely leave out “civilians” from being able to hunt specific animals within that base. While letting another group have free reign within a controlled area.

Just seems beyond ignorant and even more decisive in my eyes.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
my family owns a lot of prime deer hunting land in Alberta, I let lots of people hunt but your not going to be one of them. Not special treatment to the ones who can hunt. You just can’t. Sometimes life isn’t fair and with your attitude life is going to continue taking permission from you. Like I just did
You didn’t take anything from me buddy… I could care less about your family’s land. But if you did take it away from me due to my ethnicity or race what would that make it?
Old 12-07-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap Shot View Post
Has nothing to do with using military weapons. It’s the choice the the command to purposely leave out “civilians” from being able to hunt specific animals within that base. While letting another group have free reign within a controlled area.

Just seems beyond ignorant and even more decisive in my eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
That is not for the civilians to decide however.
[QUOTESNAP SHOT]
This the first I have heard that tax payers (civilians) didn’t fund the department of national defence & the Canadian arm forces. Complete news to me…[QUOTE]
Actually you were the one that started to infer that Civilians should be able to tell the Military what they decide because we fund them.
I only pointed out that the base Commander makes the rules, not the civilians, Native or white.
If you don't like it you can always go hunt somewhere else.....
Cat
Old 12-07-2021, 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=catnthehat;4450819]Quote:
[QUOTESNAP SHOT]
This the first I have heard that tax payers (civilians) didn’t fund the department of national defence & the Canadian arm forces. Complete news to me…
Quote:
Actually you were the one that started to infer that Civilians should be able to tell the Military what they decide because we fund them.
I only pointed out that the base Commander makes the rules, not the civilians, Native or white.
If you don't like it you can always go hunt somewhere else.....
Cat
Absolutely there should be some consideration for the every day albertan that enters the draw that help pay for our fine military and that base through there taxation. 100%

You act like this commander is above all and the high and mighty? He must be on cloud 9 to think this is acceptable and doesn’t create more division. Like I have mentioned in another thread, I have zero issues with indigenous hunting & hunting within the base.
If the closure for elk and moose are for a specific reason it should be upheld the same for every Canadian within that base. Anything else is horse ****

Last edited by Snap Shot; 12-07-2021 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Snap Shot;4450830]
Quote:
Quote:
[QUOTESNAP SHOT]
This the first I have heard that tax payers (civilians) didn’t fund the department of national defence & the Canadian arm forces. Complete news to me…

Absolutely there should be some consideration for the every day albertan that enters the draw that help pay for our fine military and that base through there taxation. 100%

You act like this commander is above all and the high and mighty? He must be on cloud 9 to think this is acceptable and doesn’t create more division. Like I have mentioned in another thread, I have zero issues with indigenous hunting & hunting within the base.
If the closure for elk and moose are for a specific reason it should be upheld the same for every Canadian within that base. Anything else is horse ****
Well, the native hunters don't have to put in for a draw, that is not fair either according to many . personally II have no control over that stuff soo do not let it bother me.
As far as the base commander goes, I don't know the base commander and really don't care how any base commander feels about how they govern their base, but make no mistake, it is THEIR base, not your mine or mine.
personally II think it's great that Wainwright and Suffield allow hunters in base, many bases do not.
I take it you have never been involved with the Military, have you?
Cat
Old 12-07-2021, 08:53 PM

[QUOTE=catnthehat;4450836]
Quote:

Well, the native hunters don't have to put in for a draw, that is not fair either according to many . personally II have no control over that stuff soo do not let it bother me.
As far as the base commander goes, I don't know the base commander and really don't care how any base commander feels about how they govern their base, but make no mistake, it is THEIR base, not your mine or mine.
personally II think it's great that Wainwright and Suffield allow hunters in base, many bases do not.
I take it you have never been involved with the Military, have you?
Cat
It’s Canadians base not “theirs” as in commander. I’m Sorry there cat you make zero sense, nothing to do with putting in for draws with indigenous everyone knows they don’t apply for draws.
It’s about taking away a specific component and hunt away from albertans and Canadians that’s occurred for decades without problem. If it was for a specific reason. That same reason should be for everyone on the Canadian armed forces base. Pretty cut and dry
Old 12-07-2021, 08:59 PM

[QUOTE=Snap Shot;4450849]
Quote:

It’s Canadians base not “theirs” as in commander. I’m Sorry there cat you make zero sense, nothing to do with putting in for draws with indigenous everyone knows they don’t apply for draws.
It’s about taking away a specific component and hunt away from albertans and Canadians that’s occurred for decades without problem. If it was for a specific reason. That same reason should be for everyone on the Canadian armed forces base. Pretty cut and dry
"Taking away a specific component and hunt away from Albertans"?
Don't be sorry, you just don't understand the hierarchy of the military.
And make no mistake, that base is NOT public property
Cat
Old 12-07-2021, 09:06 PM

[QUOTE=catnthehat;4450854]
Quote:
Cat
I’m not sorry for anything amigo.I stand up for what I believe in. I’m still trying to figure out What the hierarchy of the military has to do with taking away a opportunity from everyday albertans?

I never once said it’s public property, I said it Canadian funded to serve Canadians for Canadians. Pretty simple
Old 12-07-2021, 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=Snap Shot;4450849

How many zones have no draws for certain animals? But can certain folks still hunt it? Yes. This is one of those zones, get over it or run for govt and make a change, good luck. They have paperwork that says they can, you don't..

WDF
Old 12-07-2021, 09:42 PM

I don't apply for wainwright/Suffield.
They sound like decent draw tags from what I have read from other poster's.

Not a hunt that I'm interested in but that's just me.....

It does get old hearing about this every year with the comments.

Maybe just ask for permission or go by the draws and get on with it

Or try to diminish access that is already granted!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=Who Da Fisherman;4450882][QUOTE=Snap Shot;4450849

How many zones have no draws for certain animals? But can certain folks still hunt it? Yes. This is one of those zones, get over it or run for govt and make a change, good luck. They have paperwork that says they can, you don't..

WDF[/QUOTE]

Once again amigo, there has been moose hunting for decades on wainwright & elk as well for a long time. Please do a little research before your chirp
Old 12-07-2021, 10:16 PM

Good lord.....
Quite complaining already, do you need a hand felt massage or something??
Old 12-08-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Outdoors View Post
Good lord.....
what he said.

Can we please go back to constructive information please?
Old 12-08-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&C Outdoors View Post
Good lord.....
I’m a straight Caucasian male who prefers female masseuses. Call me
Old fashioned but that my preference. You are free to rub any other male with consent of course, but I will pass.

Not complaining just speaking the truth and i stand by & believe in my words. I don’t get walked on or taken advantage of, I also do not like seeing everyday albertans get shafted as well.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap shot View Post
i’m a straight caucasian male who prefers female masseuses. Call me
old fashioned but that my preference. You are free to rub any other male with consent of course, but i will pass.

Not complaining just speaking the truth and i stand by & believe in my words. I don’t get walked on or taken advantage of, i also do not like seeing everyday albertans get shafted as well.
😂
Old 12-08-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Old fashioned but that my preference. You are free to rub any other male with consent of course, but I will pass.

Not complaining just speaking the truth and i stand by & believe in my words. I don’t get walked on or taken advantage of, I also do not like seeing everyday albertans get shafted as well.
More like whining then complaining over something you nor I cannot change, amigo!
Chirp-chirp
Sorry to the OP for the derail, my apologies.
WDF
Old 12-09-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Da Fisherman View Post
More like whining then complaining over something you nor I cannot change, amigo!
Chirp-chirp
Sorry to the OP for the derail, my apologies.
WDF
Well from the amount of PM’s I have received in the last little while. There are quiet a few forum members that feel the same way. And are alittle worried about this slippery slope. Quiet a few thanking me for standing up.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:

Lol, I should have read the last part of my post before submitting it. Did not mean from myself or any other male for that matter lol. My bad there
Old 12-09-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well from the amount of PM’s I have received in the last little while. There are quiet a few forum members that feel the same way. And are alittle worried about this slippery slope. Quiet a few thanking me for standing up.
Lots of us are worried about this issue but ranting g about it on a hunting forum will not get things changed .
Cat
Old 12-09-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Lots of us are worried about this issue but ranting g about it on a hunting forum will not get things changed .
Cat
I bet vast majority of none status outdoorsman feel that way

Personally I have been educated enough on the subject of FN harvest rights to realize it’s very political and you need to research treaties to understand. The truth of the matter is many of those out there with wildlife management jobs don’t like how things are but their hands are tied

Complaining on forums or even to those in wildlife management won’t change a thing.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Cat
People have to know that the vast majority of the public is not ok with double standards. It may sound like a broken record. But staying quiet and not talking about it, is not the solution. It’s 2021, these archaic deals that were made 130 plus years ago need to be revisited
Old 12-09-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I bet vast majority of none status outdoorsman feel that way

Personally I have been educated enough on the subject of FN harvest rights to realize it’s very political and you need to research treaties to understand. The truth of the matter is many of those out there with wildlife management jobs don’t like how things are but their hands are tied

Complaining on forums or even to those in wildlife management won’t change a thing.
It has nothing to do with FN harvester rights. That’s where you get misconstrued On the topic.
Important information for 2021
Alberta Environment and Parks, Fish and Wildlife Stewardship (AEP-FWS) works collaboratively with the Canadian military to be able to provide a unique hunting opportunity on Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Wainwright:

AEP-FWS is responsible for the management of all wildlife and for allocating special licences for eligible resident hunters through the draw system.
CFB Wainwright is responsible for and controls all access on the base, including the determination of access requirements and managing pre-registration processes

This is right from the my wild Alberta website. Now with fish and wildlife taking a opportunity away from every day albertans & making it completely acceptable for FN. That’s is where the problem lies and is a real slippery slope for hunting with every single albertan out there in the future..
Old 12-09-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with FN harvester rights. That’s where you get misconstrued On the topic.
Important information for 2021
Alberta Environment and Parks, Fish and Wildlife Stewardship (AEP-FWS) works collaboratively with the Canadian military to be able to provide a unique hunting opportunity on Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Wainwright:

AEP-FWS is responsible for the management of all wildlife and for allocating special licences for eligible resident hunters through the draw system.
CFB Wainwright is responsible for and controls all access on the base, including the determination of access requirements and managing pre-registration processes

This is right from the my wild Alberta website. Now with fish and wildlife taking a opportunity away from every day albertans & making it completely acceptable for FN. That’s is where the problem lies and is a real slippery slope for hunting with every single albertan out there in the future..
And I will place bets the choice came from farther up the line then you are thinking even
Old 12-09-2021, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
People have to know that the vast majority of the public is not ok with double standards. It may sound like a broken record. But staying quiet and not talking about it, is not the solution. It’s 2021, these archaic deals that were made 130 plus years ago need to be revisited
Ranting every cancelation person gets on an internet forum like this does nothing.
Letters and suggestions to your MLA , proposals to the various outdoors Associations is a far better way to voice your case.
You guys sound like this is is some newfound thing you have discovered and everybody else is unaware and need to be informed .
It is nothing new and many of is have been attempting to deal with it for many many years .
Cat
Old 12-09-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Cat
Where better of a place to find like minded ppl to find and gain support. Work on getting the resources together and getting a voice?

Your not fully understanding of when govt and officials start taking away draws and access to everyday albertans but letting the same practises continue on for other groups. Where and when does that stop? Is this the new norm for wainwright, is this a new form of management, or does it start a movement against resident albertans hunting rights? This is one slippery slope that shouldn’t have been started for any reason. You keep things fair across the board and the ball was dropped.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ranting every cancelation person gets on an internet forum like this does nothing.
Letters and suggestions to your MLA , proposals to the various outdoors Associations is a far better way to voice your case.
You guys sound like this is is some newfound thing you have discovered and everybody else is unaware and need to be informed .
It is nothing new and many of is have been attempting to deal with it for many many years .
Cat
I have zero faith in the afga
Old 12-09-2021, 11:51 PM

[QUOTE=catnthehat;4450854]
Quote:
Cat

Maybe they should be reminded about where their paycheques come from. The hierarchy should have control over base land for training, maneuvers, etc. They should have next to zero say regarding hunting designations. The last people that should be deciding what happens on Alberta land is the feds.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=270person;4452197]
Quote:

Maybe they should be reminded about where their paycheques come from. The hierarchy should have control over base land for training, maneuvers, etc. They should have next to zero say regarding hunting designations. The last people that should be deciding what happens on Alberta land is the feds.
"They" are not paid directly by us, and really don't care what civilians say, be they white green ot red .
What we think ghey should have control over is simply not how it works .
It's a great idea though. Why don't you write a letter to the base commander and remind him just where his paycheck course from?
Cat