Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2020, 11:38 AM

Article on virus spread and confirmation of Airborne that his hugely relevant and that key agencies still neglecting to mention. Just wash your hands. No need for masks LOL.

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/202...8121583963038/
Old 03-13-2020, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ok, wasn’t sure.

Looking at the charts it’s kind of disheartening to the sky is falling gang.
Its a small mind that can only think in terms of "just the flu" or sky is falling. You might want to consider there is an infinite spectrum of concerning scenario's that fall between those two.

Exclamation Harsh truth

Quote:
Looking at the charts it’s kind of disheartening to the sky is falling gang.
Brought to you by the generation starting with the letter "M". Only they can identify and understand all the really important causes.
Stay safe out there people.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Article on virus spread and confirmation of Airborne that his hugely relevant and that key agencies still neglecting to mention. Just wash your hands. No need for masks LOL.

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/202...8121583963038/
Masks are useless, the virus lives 3 days on objects. By the time you come home and remove your mask. You will contract it by touching your clothes.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
I can hear the plea that is soon to come: "Please, won't someone think about the monkeys? They need our help. All these heartless people concerned about their own lives while the innocents suffer in silence."

https://calgarysun.com/news/world/hu...4-b7045c742444
That was just people at Walmart (super store) who heard there was still TP...and one"monkey" got the last roll.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Its a small mind that can only think in terms of "just the flu" or sky is falling. You might want
to consider there is an infinite spectrum of concerning scenario's that fall between those two.
And I find it somewhat comical ANYONE with a different view has got
to be thrown an insult for not boarding the Wuhan Corona train..
Old 03-13-2020, 11:52 AM

If you don’t care why comment? Haven’t seen anyone say the sky is falling and we all need to panic. Being prepared isn’t panicking.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Its a small mind that can only think in terms of "just the flu" or sky is falling. You might want to consider there is an infinite spectrum of concerning scenario's that fall between those two.
Is that an attempt at an insult?

You might want to consider I was pointing out there is a positive trend in the charts he posted for those of you who are in a panic.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Is that an attempt at an insult?

You might want to consider I was pointing out there is a positive trend in the charts he posted for those of you who are in a panic.
I think all the charts are messed up. The more you test the more you find so it has to be exponential to begin with.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
If you don’t care why comment? Haven’t seen anyone say the sky is falling and we all need to panic. Being prepared isn’t panicking.
Are you referring to me? If so what makes you think I don’t care? Why are only negative charts and opinions relevant in this thread? Being prepared is something that should always be on your mind, not just when there’s a pandemic. Refusing to believe the positive aspects, and only focusing on the negative aspects is thinking the sky is falling, and I see quite a bit of that from a few people here.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think all the charts are messed up. The more you test the more you find so it has to be exponential to begin with.
Or maybe the measures put in place has reduced the transmission rate?
Old 03-13-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Thanks.. I wasn’t sure what the resorts were doing, good info Thanks for this
Zip
I know for sure Mesa has some shutting down, as my parents are being told to leave, and starting their drive back tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:11 PM

Talking

Prepare for the high river gun grab part 2 in the name of public safety .

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 03-13-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Agree. Watching cbc news on tv. One lady said the media and social media were scaring people.

I think the professional media has been very calm.

Social media - of course - will reflect all possible extremes.

What was also interesting is that people are still leaving for international trips. They definitely are not panicking. That said, I doubt they are thinking of somewhat reasonably probable worst case scenarios where a country’s health care system gets overwhelmed and more draconian measures are implemented.

So I figure, fine if they want to go but they are on their own. No doubt though after a couple months locked down in some foreign land, out of money, they'll be getting press saying that their country has abandoned them and isn't doing enough for them... yadda yadda yadda...

Just like those people that go into war zones, break social norms, engage in extreme sports while lacking the skills, etc and getting into trouble. They are always indignant that Canadian officials aren’t doing enough for them.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:16 PM

Default This might help

See attached.

Last edited by sns2; 03-19-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:19 PM

The union representing WestJet flight attendants is expecting layoffs of more than 50 per cent of its staff as the number of flight cancellations continues to mount amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

An internal memo sent to union officials and obtained by The Canadian Press says that travellers are rebooking "in such massive numbers" that the situation became grave "overnight."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5497037
Old 03-13-2020, 12:21 PM

Ukraine is shutting down all flights in and out starting March 17.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You know Bob, if you keep posting common sense stuff like this there is going to be a lot of toilet paper for sale on Kijjiji….

Daughter let me know today about diapers, baby wipes , and hand sanitizer being advertised at ridiculous markups there now. Baby needs now the latest scam opportunity to go along with hand sanitizer and TP. $10 for a little travel size bottle of sanitizer?

I'm seriously hoping there's going to be a lot of people smoking turds in hell when this thing sorts itself out. Honestly? I hope these types catch it. Would be the loveliest form of karma.

Almost worth responding to the ads then meeting face to face to dole out some retribution. Yes sir...I'll take that case of diapers. Do you accept 00 or slug?
Old 03-13-2020, 12:31 PM

Went to canadian tire early this morning to get some truck stuff and there were people everywhere with toilet paper, Kleenex, paper towel, lysol and bottle water. Absolutely crazy. Ended up hitting a little old lady for some toilet paper figured what the hell shes probably gonna die anyway.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:32 PM

Just came from Costco by EIA. Almost no meat , few racks of ribs,that's it. Glad the wife likes spam, it's time for venison steaks.

Superstore crazy too. Glad I did our shop two weeks ago, just needed to top up. Sure feels like the proverbial **** has hit the fan.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
The union representing WestJet flight attendants is expecting layoffs of more than 50 per cent of its staff as the number of flight cancellations continues to mount amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

An internal memo sent to union officials and obtained by The Canadian Press says that travellers are rebooking "in such massive numbers" that the situation became grave "overnight."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5497037
Thanks,
This is what i was eluding at earlier. It has possibility to be even bigger than this according to my source, including the possibility of a complete shut down of all operations......... It was not fear mongering, not hearsay, I was only sharing trusted inside information, ahead of publication. Maybe one day, somebody will believe something I have to say.... Another tidbit. Just got a text, my pilot friend just watched a 150 seat plane leave with 12 passengers aboard. Unsustainable.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:36 PM

This morning before i left for Wallmart to continue my hoarding, lol, i opened Fox news.
Right at the top was the headline about leader of China threatening the US to withhold pharmaceuticals and let the US descend into coronavirus hell if they didn't say sorry for misalignming them and to kiss their butt. When I came back the article had been removed probably to prevent panic. China is also full out saying that the US caused this disease , and their ambassador has now been called in to the Whitehouse.
Interesting times.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Thanks,
This is what i was eluding at earlier. It has possibility to be even bigger than this according to my source, including the possibility of a complete shut down of all operations......... It was not fear mongering, not hearsay, I was only sharing trusted inside information, ahead of publication. Maybe one day, somebody will believe something I have to say.... Another tidbit. Just got a text, my pilot friend just watched a 150 seat plane leave with 12 passengers aboard. Unsustainable.
Thank you for your efforts, much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:39 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunterPro View Post
Prepare for the high river gun grab part 2 in the name of public safety .
Attaboy, pour some gasoline on the fire...that's hilarious
Old 03-13-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
This morning before i left for Wallmart to continue my hoarding, lol, i opened Fox news.
Right at the top was the headline about leader of China threatening the US to withhold pharmaceuticals and let the US descend into coronavirus hell if they didn't say sorry for misalignming them and to kiss their butt. When I came back the article had been removed probably to prevent panic. China is also full out saying that the US caused this disease , and their ambassador has now been called in to the Whitehouse.
Interesting times.
I would stay away from Fox if you want actual accurate news.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Haha AOF is where to find the truth!!!!!
Old 03-13-2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
haha aof is where to find the truth!!!!!
lol !!!!
Old 03-13-2020, 12:47 PM

Took my daughter shopping for blinds early in the week. Swung through a CT and they had good supplies of TP. We needed it and I grabbed 2-12 packs. Now I wonder if I shoulda grabbed more lol.

Going to hit Walmart at opening tomorrow see if I can add a few more items to the pantry, pre packaged pasta/rice that don't need milk to cook, canned goods to extend a possible 14 day quarantine. We got lots of meat in the freezer. Maybe some frozen foods. Not gonna go stupid but seeing how things have escalated in the last week, see what I can add to the pantry.

Retailers must think its Xmas.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Is New York Times a suitable news source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...heory.amp.html

I’m a lot more scared of the effects of this than the virus.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:56 PM

Well I just did an inventory of our toilet paper last night. We are down to our last 9 rolls.
My son asked “Dad what are we going to do when we run out of toilet paper and can’t buy any”? I said “well son, you know all those barn cats we have, just grab one by the neck with your one hand and by the end of the tail with the other hand, throw a leg over and start flossing”.

Come spring may have to take the pressure washer to the cats.