Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

Default sendero ?

Anyone own and shoot a remington sendero SF II? I'm thinking 7 rem mag for cal. Are they as good out of the box as they say? The palm swell is the only thing i don't care for but could get use to it if its a shooter. How is the stock? Any issuses or things you like or did like? It will be for target and hunting. I have a lighter 30.06 for bush and hiking .The sendero would be my stand, blind, target gun.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:21 PM

If you like the sendero you should pick it up soon. Some of my clients told me that they are not going to offer that model anymore. I shot one a few times and found it to be quite accurate but just did not like the stock. I settled for a Browning A-bolt II Eclipse Hunter model with a BOSS. Extremely accurate, nice clip design, AWSOME looking and feeeling grey laminated thumbhole stock and you don't need the big heavy barrel for accuracy with the boss system on it. I use the CR on the boss instead of the muzzle brake. I don't like the noise of a brake.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:03 PM

What about the alaskan Ti does anyone have one? likes dislikes?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:05 AM

The new Sendero is priced pretty close to what it would cost have one built with the barrel of your choice. I think you could buy a used Sendero and rebarrel it with a really good barrel for $1600ish, a new one will cost you with GST about $1400-$1500

A 700 action, after you sell the stock & barrel from the donor rifle.......$450-$500 for blue, a bit more for stainless..you can get them for less if you can find a used 700 for a good price..parting out a new SPS is one of the quickest and easiest routes to a 700 action.

Gaillard tube installed and action trued..about $600-$650...or check with Rick at Alberta Tactical.

HS Sendero stock w/alum bedding block...about $500
B&C stock w/alum bedding block...about $350

I have two stainless fluted Senderos, a 7mm Rem Mag and an STW. Cost me about $1100-$1150 each. The 7 Rem Mag is 99%, the STW shows more use...and they are NOT for sale...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM

REMBO: (I AM NOT A DELAER)

No chit......You are a machinist. Don't know why anybody would think you were a dealer. Anybody that knows you, knows that. An avid rifleman, yes. A knowledgable machinist capable of working on rifles, yes. But a dealer...not since I've known you...must be close to 20 years now.

Somebody has some very inaccurate information.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKLEY ABE View Post
REMBO: (I AM NOT A DELAER)

No chit......You are a machinist. Don't know why anybody would think you were a dealer. Anybody that knows you, knows that. An avid rifleman, yes. A knowledgable machinist capable of working on rifles, yes. But a dealer...not since I've known you...must be close to 20 years now.

Somebody has some very inaccurate information.
two or three months back I was barred from posting rifles/gun parts for sale on this site being as it was determined that, by what criteria I was never told..." I am a dealer and supplementing my income by this".....I assure you, my income needs no supplementing by selling the odd rifle or doing a bit of rifle work for shooting buddys.

Seems a certain dealer/rifle builder was concerned that I might be cutting into his business...

I find it interesting, but also very flattering that someone who IS actually in the business of selling and building rifles would see a guy with a cheap 12" x 36" Chinese lathe in his garage as "competition"....I guess confidence is not his strong point, or maybe not required in this business....amusing actually...

C'est la Vie....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM

^^Sounds like the same dude that makes it sound like you need a masters degree to import a firearm part from the US....