Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell_guy View Post
If you are dumb enough to cut or climb over my fence, ignore the no-trespassing signs, and do so in a place where open carry is legal then yes you deserve to pay the consequence. If there was no speed limits would you drive faster, of course......lack of consequence leads to increase in bad behaviour.
that's exactly why we don't have open carry .. you have guns now don't you .. what's stopping you , its called responsibility ... maybe the death penalty in a state with open carry .. think about it ...
Old 01-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio56 View Post
wrong and I hope for your sake and any intruder , you actually don't believe this
No, you are wrong. What does the average homeowner have to defend himself and his family?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
that's exactly why we don't have open carry .. you have guns now don't you .. what's stopping you , its called responsibility ... maybe the death penalty in a state with open carry .. think about it ...
So do you agree with the death penalty?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I know for a fact that Montana and Texas both allow land owner to "use deadly force" to protect themselves and their property. I don't care if I can carry a hand gun in public, I am saying that we should be allowed to shoot trespassers to protect our property and families.

I am also willing to bet that a warning shot in the air would be enough to scare most away, especially if the intruder knows the next one will be coming for them.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
No, you are wrong. What does the average homeowner have to defend himself and his family?
the thread is about BNE in rural area's ... do you have guns already to defend and protect yourself and family .. what's your problem , the law maybe .. use them .... if you feel more macho with a revolver in the open then you're living in the wrong country and don't hold your breathe
Old 01-06-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I know for a fact that Montana and Texas both allow land owner to "use deadly force" to protect themselves and their property. I don't care if I can carry a hand gun in public, I am saying that we should be allowed to shoot trespassers to protect our property and families.

I am also willing to bet that a warning shot in the air would be enough to scare most away, especially if the intruder knows the next one will be coming for them.
thank gwad for our laws we have now .. go ahead and shoot all you want
Old 01-06-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
that's totally diff as to what I was saying in open carry deterring crime ....

I think we had a communication issue, I agree, open carry is useless if you can't use the firearm to defend yourself. I have no need to carry a gun to work with me or around the city. What I do support, is a land owners right to use deadly force to defend themselves or their property.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
the thread is about BNE in rural area's ... do you have guns already to defend and protect yourself and family .. what's your problem , the law maybe .. use them .... if you feel more macho with a revolver in the open then you're living in the wrong country and don't hold your breathe
I'm aware of this thread's subject.

What I have ready is my business.

The victim becomes the criminal and vice versa thanks to our legal system.

Are you opposed to open carry? More macho? What?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:

The laws we have protect the criminals and not the land owners. The only reason to love our current laws is if you intend to break the law.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, thankfully having a loaded firearm for home defense in a rural area is proof of intent.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I'm aware of this thread's subject.

What I have ready is my business.

The victim becomes the criminal and vice versa thanks to our legal system.

Are you opposed to open carry? More macho? What?
I'm opposed to the wrong attitude carrying a sidearm into a restaurant , mall or a bar and having a bad day .... you can protect yourself at home with guns here in Canada already , what more macho chit do you want ...... some of the posts on here are enuf to back my position
Old 01-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm opposed to the wrong attitude carrying a sidearm into a restaurant , mall or a bar and having a bad day .... you can protect yourself at home with guns here in Canada already , what more macho chit do you want ...... some of the posts on here are enuf to back my position
Macho or not (it's not anything to do with macho), open carry is the best deterrent to crime. Prove me wrong.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You really can't protect yourself at your home in Canada. If someone is attempting to enter your home unlawfully with a weapon (gun, knife, bat, etc) and you put a load of bird shot into them then the land owner becomes the criminal. You will be charged with murder/attempted murder as well as unlawful storage of a firearm. It is then up you the land owner to pay a fortune in legal fees to defend themselves, and in the end you will likely be found guilty by a bunch of city people who have never lived in an area that doesn't have decent police protection.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Macho or not (it's not anything to do with macho), open carry is the best deterrent to crime. Prove me wrong.

the general public and our Gov with stats already has ... give it up or move to Montana
Old 01-06-2017, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
[/B]
the general public and our Gov with stats already has ... give it up or move to Montana
You have been successfully indoctrinated.

Do you have a solution for this thread's problem?

PS - your trust of the general public and the government is worrying.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:

He likely voted Liberal and NDP
Old 01-06-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:

LOL... ya maybe , maybe not ... get involved , get some hand guns and wear them on your hip in the malls with your name and address so to put fear into all thieves and trespassers, it does work ,lol .... OR do more with the local police and neighbors in crime watch and use some very good security systems out there now ...
Old 01-06-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musk e View Post
Aight that the truth.
I know of a fella down there who has shot 3 guys on 3 different occasions for breaking into his custom bike shop.
D.O.A every time
Got a cousin who is a retired sherriff's deputy in Michigan, he always said shoot to kill or the SOB will sue you if he survives. After all it's Canada, you'll be out in 4 years
Old 01-06-2017, 07:45 PM

I completely understand where 7mm is coming from. I used to live in Lloyd. Our vehicle was gone through every night. Every single night. Even with the doors locked. We finally put in an alarm system but it still didn't stop them from trying to break in. The neighbour had a camera and the thieves had no problem turning around, facing it, and giving it the finger. We had a truck that we needed to sell- knowing times were tight in Alberta it would be a hard sell. We talked about having it 'run out of gas' just a bit up the Hwy one night- knowing it would be gone by morning.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:49 PM

I found a stolen enclosed trailer this morning on one of my lease's I check. I phoned it in at 8:30am and the cops showed up at 3:30 to do whatever they do. Had a really good talk with him seemed like a good guy.just makes me wonder why it takes the better part of 6 hours to investigate a stolen trailer. The officer told me it was stolen last night as the lady owner watch the guys hook it up and take off what was funny was it had one of those ball locks on it so they just wrapped the breakaway chains around there hitch and drove away so pretty ballsy because I can imagine a guy wouldn't be able to go that fast with it like that and they pulled it approx 25 to 30 miles from where it was stolen to where they ditched it.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:

I was always led to believe the second shot was the warning shot depending on how many witnesses there are.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
LOL... ya maybe , maybe not ... get involved , get some hand guns and wear them on your hip in the malls with your name and address so to put fear into all thieves and trespassers, it does work ,lol ..
What?

Quote:
.. OR do more with the local police and neighbors in crime watch and use some very good security systems out there now ...
Do you live in a rural area? Do you know what police response times are in rural areas? Have you tried to work with police in rural areas? My feeling from the amount of threads on theft in rural areas tells me there is an issue that simply 'doing more with local police' isn't going to cut it.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Do you live in a rural area? Do you know what police response times are in rural areas? Have you tried to work with police in rural areas? My feeling from the amount of threads on theft in rural areas tells me there is an issue that simply 'doing more with local police' isn't going to cut it.
I did .. now don't ..agree ..but revolvers in open carry is not the answer ...we already have guns and threating to shoot trespassers is very stupid to put it politely .... what's the diff to shoot someone with a hand gun vs rifle ...I know there's a lot hot and tuff talk on this thread but none of you would ever use one so why bother .... I don't like the crime right now and am a victim , am with ya there ....
Old 01-06-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
I was always led to believe the second shot was the warning shot depending on how many witnesses there are.
A rancher I used to buy a lot of horses from in Northern Texas told me this as well. If your going to shoot a trespasser make sure you fire the warning shot after.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
I did .. now don't ..agree ..but revolvers in open carry is not the answer ...we already have guns and threating to shoot trespassers is very stupid to put it politely .... what's the diff to shoot someone with a hand gun vs rifle ...I know there's a lot hot and tuff talk on this thread but none of you would ever use one so why bother
you don't think so?

Quote:
.... I don't like the crime right now and am a victim , am with ya there ....
What most are suggesting is that they don't like the crime, and having been victimized several times they are willing to go to extreme measure becuase the people supposed to be protecting them are choosing not to.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
you don't think so?

What most are suggesting is that they don't like the crime, and having been victimized several times they are willing to go to extreme measure becuase the people supposed to be protecting them are choosing not to.

I would certainly use a firearm to protect my family or my property. 9/10 times I am almost certain a warning shot would deter the thieves.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:10 PM

Call the rcmp and say you saw them with a fire arm. You'll never see a quicker response time.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
If you are dumb enough to cut or climb over my fence, ignore the no-trespassing signs, and do so in a place where open carry is legal then yes you deserve to pay the consequence.
If there was no speed limits would you drive faster, of course......lack of consequence leads to increase in bad behaviour.
Quote:
I would certainly use a firearm to protect my family or my property. 9/10 times I am almost certain a warning shot would deter the thieves.
I think you have expressed your thoughts and opinion well ....
Old 01-06-2017, 08:25 PM

OK, this might not be popular here, but we can't hide our heads in the sand anymore about what's happening in Alberta.

Bottom line, the epidemic of thefts and B&E's that's epidemic is a direct result of the oil patch slowdown. It's not just rural areas - it's the cities and towns too.

The boom years have attracted thousands of unskilled workers to the province - people who could not find comparable paying jobs elsewhere. They get hooked on the lifestyle associated with the lucrative six figure wages.

The majority of the rig and trades workers, and other associated support workers that have come here are, no doubt, honest guys and gals who are just looking to make an honest dollar, have a better life and raise their families.

But there are also a lot tougher characters in the lot. No-goodniks as they were once called. Many find that a lot of jobs in the boom aren’t exactly paradise. A pretty good salary for low skilled workers is still usually paycheck to paycheck with few or no benefits. Lots of vulnerable, unstable people carrying a lot of domestic and criminal baggage from the previous life.

Drug and alcohol abuse is at the core of the problem for making the situation worse. Methamphetamine is the drug of choice. That can not be denied.

The meth keeps these types functioning at their regular low level and the beer just brings them down just enough to do crazy sh!t when they get desperate and/or psychotic.

When the job is gone and there's no money for rent,food, bills and payments - the desperate need for money to fuel the addiction for alcohol and meth makes them steal other people's sh!t.

And these types don't care what they do or who they hurt to make their misery temporarily go away.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musk e View Post
Aight that the truth.
I know of a fella down there who has shot 3 guys on 3 different occasions for breaking into his custom bike shop.
D.O.A every time
Justice served and didn't cost a dime of taxpayers money, Beautiful