Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky660 View Post
Is there some sort of forum out there that is better suited for this kind of topic. Some people need to get out of their parents basement and enjoy the outdoors. Don't forget to lose the tinfoil hat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, no comment on the US navy's concerns?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 PM

avb3 you may have noticed by now that no matter how many posts you start you are having no impact in converting us to believers.
Do you what it is called when to keep doing the same thing and expect different results?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Right now my new thermometer says its 88 F, my 1950's thermometer says its 83 F, they're both in the same location. It doesn't feel 88 to me. It must be a conspiracy.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
We ARE setting new records monthly for over a year..... globally. And 14 out of the hottest years have been this century.
14 of the hottest years out of how many years? 100? 150? 250? 1000?

Even if it was a thousand, it is still such a small percentage of the earth's history it's statistically insignificant.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Just the fact that they have been caught so many times fudging data, wanting to jail people with different points of view, blatant hypocrisy of absurd carbon expenditures themselves, trying to silence fellow scientists with dissenting views, failure of any of their model's predictions to come to fruition over the years, etc etc etc. should all be enough to give any rational person a pretty good clue that it's all bunk. Never mind all the people that are heavily invested in this are rolling in money, up to their elbows in crab cakes, and stand to make so much more money AND more importantly gains in power.

AND, anyone that takes the time to actually look into the science of it all with an objective eye will see the emperor has no clothes.

Smells like crap, looks like crap, feels like crap, tastes like crap! IT IS CRAP!!!
Spot on. I have felt the same for a long time. Too much is fishy for it to be factual. To be honest, I like throwing the global warming phrase in conversations on occasion because it helps me determine whether people can see through the torrential downpour of bulls**t that our "learned scientists" are raining down on us to promote agendas.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Banned

http://www.infowars.com/engineer-dec...-civil-strife/

Quote:
A University of Cambridge engineering professor warns that the globalist effort to cut carbon emissions will result in widespread poverty, starvation, and civil strife.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Banned

http://realclimatescience.com/2016/0...ing-sea-level/

Quote:
Sea level has been falling on the Atlantic seaboard for the past six years.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
For some strange reason, Trump's seawall due to climate change (he likes building walls) and the Navy's issues with sonar were completely overlooked.

Amazing.

Perhaps the geniuses on this forum may want to explain why the Navy's real issues with sonar due to the oceans warming is not real?

Just because the US Navy is mentioning rising ocean temperatures, it proves nothing other than there are rising ocean temperatures.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:07 PM
Banned

http://www.economist.com/blogs/econo...ist-explains-0

Anyone who thinks current renewable energy sources are viable is not seeing the whole picture.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Banned

AVB I will be honest, I strongly disagree with many of your points, but you sure challenge me to do some research here and there, and I learn a lot in the process. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Banned

Has anyone ever read the book State of Fear by Michael Crichton? He had a lot of good research into that one.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyTheory View Post
Avb3 I agree with you since EASc is something I am studying in university as my minor. But honestly I don't think some of the people on here will budge with their opinion. Way she goes.
Agreed. It's like a faith religion. No matter how much evidence one presents, reason goes out of the window and the faith gets stronger and ingrained.

Funny no one is addressing any of the articles. They just shoot away with a shotgun assuming something must be a target.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Agreed. It's like a faith religion. No matter how much evidence one presents, reason goes out of the window and the faith gets stronger and ingrained.

Funny no one is addressing any of the articles. They just shoot away with a shotgun assuming something must be a target.
Oh the irony.

A long time ago I predicted this would result in the loss of trust of scientists. You can't continue to fudge data, intimidate disagreeing colleagues, and use failed models as any sort of evidence and expect the rational people of the planet to continue to believe you.

You are the one's that look like you're blindly following a hollow religion. But you can't even see it you're so wrapped up in it.

I mean, calling for dissenters to be jailed? Really?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:15 PM

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 06-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
Serious question OP, why do you post about climate change on AO?
Because hunters and anglers were the original conservationists and always were the canaries in the coal mine. That conservation ethic appears to have dissipated among some of our members. Many are subscribing to the "me" and "mine" philosophy, and the heck with the consequences.

That is not a positive development.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Because hunters and anglers were the original conservationists and always were the canaries in the coal mine. That conservation ethic appears to have dissipated among some of our members. Many are subscribing to the "me" and "mine" philosophy, and the heck with the consequences.

That is not a positive development.
This is a load of hooey. Again, you are accusing people that disagree with you as not being conservationists. One has nothing to do with the other. Your lack of understanding of the scientific method is staggering. Just more to go on the pile of why you guys jumped the shark a long time ago.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Just because the US Navy is mentioning rising ocean temperatures, it proves nothing other than there are rising ocean temperatures.
Thank you. And where do you think that comes from? The warmist fairy?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you. And where do you think that comes from? The warmist fairy?
Why so antagonistic? Is that part of your "science"? Warming of oceans can from a myriad of different things.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is a load of hooey. Again, you are accusing people that disagree with you as not being conservationists. One has nothing to do with the other. Your lack of understanding of the scientific method is staggering. Just more to go on the pile of why you guys jumped the shark a long time ago.
Really?

Global climate change? Naaa.... that is just Gore making money.

OHV in the east slopes? Don't tread on our right to tear the scat out of the landscape!@!

Wolves part of the landscape and ecosystem? Shoot 'em all!

Need I go no about some of the attitudes that are distinctly anti-conservation? Want to discuss riparian protection? How about leaving shorelines intact and leaving weeds there? Naaa.... I wanna beach in front of my cabin.

And on and on.

Tell me where the focus on habitat, conservation and enhancement is? Where are those discussion threads?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really?

Global climate change? Naaa.... that is just Gore making money.

OHV in the east slopes? Don't tread on our right to tear the scat out of the landscape!@!

Wolves part of the landscape and ecosystem? Shoot 'em all!

Need I go no about some of the attitudes that are distinctly anti-conservation? Want to discuss riparian protection? How about leaving shorelines intact and leaving weeds there? Naaa.... I wanna beach in front of my cabin.

And on and on.

Tell me where the focus on habitat, conservation and enhancement is? Where are those discussion threads?
This looks more like a dump of #2 than #1.

Don't look at me...I'm not the one with two homes housing a single person, and jetting all over North America.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:27 PM

Address this: http://www.freecriticalthinking.org/...warming-theory
Old 06-06-2016, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why so antagonistic? Is that part of your "science"? Warming of oceans can from a myriad of different things.
And a warming climate is the one all the evidence points to. Look, we need to accept (and more and more are at least accepting that warming IS occurring). Most now recognize that humans are impacting that warming, although there are many deniers still.

The tricky part is how to deal with it socially, ecologically and economically. Solar and wind are becoming competitive even at today's lower oil prices. The fact that as much alternative power was added globally as all of Africa produces by conventional sources speaks for itself.

Socially? It will be disruptive especially to economies such as Alberta's. We CAN adapt, but if we deny the changes, we stand to get lost behind. No one wants that I'm sure.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
This looks more like a dump of #2 than #1.

Don't look at me...I'm not the one with two homes housing a single person, and jetting all over North America.
There is not always only one person in those homes.

And I don't jet, but drive. Less than 20,000 Kilometers a year. Total.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
And a warming climate is the one all the evidence points to. Look, we need to accept (and more and more are at least accepting that warming IS occurring). Most now recognize that humans are impacting that warming, although there are many deniers still.
I've said this before. Yes, we are impacting climate change. As I impact sea levels by p**sing in the sea.

Quote:
The tricky part is how to deal with it socially, ecologically and economically. Solar and wind are becoming competitive even at today's lower oil prices. The fact that as much alternative power was added globally as all of Africa produces by conventional sources speaks for itself.
Are we producing electricity with oil? This argument doesn't seem relative. In addition, third world countries reduced use of renewables due to unsustainable costs.

Quote:
Socially? It will be disruptive especially to economies such as Alberta's. We CAN adapt, but if we deny the changes, we stand to get lost behind. No one wants that I'm sure.
As soon as new technology becomes cheap and sustainable, I will adapt. Until then, I will make use of the delightful electricity available to me thanks to our friends at Teck Coal and Enmax who are currently using very advanced technology to bring us clean and sustainable power.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
There is not always only one person in those homes.

And I don't jet, but drive. Less than 20,000 Kilometers a year. Total.
You should really read State of Fear. It's a great read. Ahead of its time, like many of his other books.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Banned

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay.../#28b8d25e171b

You may also find this interesting.

I can't agree with everything in this article. One note - scientists are primarily funded by governments. I can't begin to go into the reasons why we should not trust the government, never mind the research that they publish for their own gain.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:

NO ONE IS SAYING ITS NOT GETTING WARMER! It is but compared to what the last 5, 600 years ! So what it might have been hotter the other 200 million and the earth is Finally getting back to NORMAL
Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay.../#28b8d25e171b

You may also find this interesting.

I can't agree with everything in this article. One note - scientists are primarily funded by governments. I can't begin to go into the reasons why we should not trust the government, never mind the research that they publish for their own gain.

In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government.

Today, the solitary inventor, tinkering in his shop, has been overshadowed by task forces of scientists in laboratories and testing fields. In the same fashion, the free university, historically the fountainhead of free ideas and scientific discovery, has experienced a revolution in the conduct of research. Partly because of the huge costs involved, a government contract becomes virtually a substitute for intellectual curiosity. For every old blackboard there are now hundreds of new electronic computers.

The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present – and is gravely to be regarded.
Dwight D Eisenhower
Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 PM

AVB I'd really like you to explain to me why we need to be first with the new technology, why we need to be bleeding edge vs leading edge?

Does not every industry( maybe military excepted) happily simply sell the new technology to anyone interested??

Have you missed the abysmal failures happening just north of your summer home with regards to renewables??
Old 06-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Consensus on AGW is again confirmed, wind and solar use is increasing exponentially, real effects of global warming is happening now, effecting real people, including Donald Trump.

Appearance of crater dubbed ‘the Gateway to the Underworld’ in Siberia is a warning to our warming planet

The article clearly states,

The Batagaika crater is thought to have begun after local people cut down some trees in the 1980s or early 1990s.

“Once you disturb the vegetation or soil above permafrost that can often set in train events that lead to the melting of ice within the permafrost,” he said.

“Cutting down of vegetation … removes some of the insulation that keeps the ground cool and that allows the summer heat to penetrate deeper into the ground.”

This may have nothing to do with global warming, but rather deforestation.