Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
So as stated the liberal party of Canada will not bring back the gun registry even in a modified form as they have seen it is a failed policy and is to evasive to your rights to own firearms. By streamlining the way the process in which a person is able to obtain a firearm is a more sensible approach to building a structured firearm policy and a solid way to determin wether a person is stable enough to own them.

I'm not sure how much more clear it can get, mulcair wants to just out right come into your home and dig through your pockets to see what you have in there and if its not what he considers safe to the public even though you are, he will take it from you.

Streamlining the way people obtain firearms is a way to weed out the mentally unstable and other wise irresponsible person from obtaining firearms and in sense creates a better and more thural screening process and works to your benefit. As it stands now the RCMP call you and ask you a series of yes and no questions that of which anyone can easily lie about, the liberals are saying okay well proove the questions asked are accurate, perhaps a health record check from your physician. It is still evasive but no more than going through a life insurance process which most people have and certainly less evasive than shaking your home down and confiscating your firearms like the NDP's want to do.

Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face..
Why are all their plans to increase checks on law abiding citizens and nothing is said about the real problem of illegal guns used by criminals???
Old 08-25-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face..
It is an idea built on a faulty premise. That being that legal firearms owners and legally owned firearms are a source of crime that needs greater controls. Do you honestly believe that the drive by shootings, the running gun battles and the gang-land killings are perpetrated by people with PALs, registration certificates and ATTs? Do you think more regulations are going to affect these people in the slightest?

ARG

edit: Hal said it in fewer words

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Banned

I don't think it would be a bad idea to take this streamlining one step further if it's not in place already. With such a vast ethnic background of Canada and so many new people coming into Canada which makes Canada the great country it is, there should be something in place where you half to be a Canadian citizen for a minimum of say five years before you are able to own a firearm.

Gun violence will always be here regardless of what policy is put in place and even if Canada winds up being like the poor people of australia, there is no stopping it. On what it has to do with gang bangers is completely irrelevant as in most cases you can't just walk up on the street and purchase an ak 47 or hand gun with out at least knowing these types of people. However if you're just missing a few marbles from the sack and can obtain a firearm legally for violent purposes it's quite easy to do that's why I don't feel it would hurt to upgrade the screening process. It's rational thinking
Old 08-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I don't think it would be a bad idea to take this streamlining one step further if it's not in place already. With such a vast ethnic background of Canada and so many new people coming into Canada which makes Canada the great country it is, there should be something in place where you half to be a Canadian citizen for a minimum of say five years before you are able to own a firearm.

Gun violence will always be here regardless of what policy is put in place and even if Canada winds up being like the poor people of australia, there is no stopping it. On what it has to do with gang bangers is completely irrelevant as in most cases you can't just walk up on the street and purchase an ak 47 or hand gun with out at least knowing these types of people. However if you're just missing a few marbles from the sack and can obtain a firearm legally for violent purposes it's quite easy to do that's why I don't feel it would hurt to upgrade the screening process. It's rational thinking
You are exactly the type of person they are hoping to recruit to vote for them....
Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
You are exactly the type of person they are hoping to recruit to vote for them....
+1
Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you, go have a look around your city and try and purchase a firearm off the street and see how succefull you are. In most cases I would guarantee you come up empty handed, now go through the government process to obtain one. With in months you will have the arms of your choice, just saying....
Old 08-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you, go have a look around your city and try and purchase a firearm off the street and see how succefull you are. In most cases I would guarantee you come up empty handed, now go through the government process to obtain one. With in months you will have the arms of your choice, just saying....
I could find a gun to buy on the street in any city in less than half a day no questions asked, buying one from a law abiding citizen will take longer....enjoy the Kool-Aid.....
Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I could find a gun to buy on the street in any city in less than half a day no questions asked, buying one from a law abiding citizen will take longer....enjoy the Kool-Aid.....
X2
Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you, go have a look around your city and try and purchase a firearm off the street and see how successful you are. In most cases I would guarantee you come up empty handed, now go through the government process to obtain one. With in months you will have the arms of your choice, just saying....
I have no problem getting an illegal pistol in my town, I can get it a lot faster than I can legally.
The fact that a person is not allowed to own or use guns however has NOTHING to do with legally owned guns or purchasing legal firearms.
Mayerthorpe is a perfect example, and it is not the only one that comes to mind.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Banned

Same old arguments day after day, month after month and year after year.

Firearms owners are going to be your own undoing. If the NDP or Libs get in, what are you going to do...? Complain more.

As it stands, you're depending on one man to save your firearms. Wow.

Is that really what it's come down to?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya I'm sure you could, your comment just told me you probably shouldn't own a firearm because as you stated you know where to obtain such said items with ease where most would not be able to do so easily. Why yes I do enjoy Kool aid don't you?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Ya I'm sure you could, your comment just told me you probably shouldn't own a firearm because as you stated you know where to obtain such said items with ease where most would not be able to do so easily. Why yes I do enjoy Kool aid don't you?
Just because a person KNOWS how to obtain illegal fire arms doesn't mean they are of a nefarious personality.
I guess you think I shouldn't own them either- well, I am not going top say what i think of your personality.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Just because a person KNOWS how to obtain illegal fire arms doesn't mean they are of a nefarious personality.
I guess you think I shouldn't own them either- well, I am not going top say what i think of your personality.
Cat
Yes as a matter of fact you shouldn't be able to own a firearm either. Feel free to judge my personality I just judged yours.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
What? I as well know where I could easily obtain a handgun in a paper bag out of the back of a van in less than 30 minutes. Should I not be able to own firearms just because I know that? I guess the same could be said for alcohol, I know I can go back to NL and get bootlegged booze from Saint Pierre et Miquelon by the fishtub load, should I be barred from liquor stores now?

Just because someone knows something that others nefariously do does not lump them all together!!!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
What? I as well know where I could easily obtain a handgun in a paper bag out of the back of a van in less than 30 minutes. Should I not be able to own firearms just because I know that? I guess the same could be said for alcohol, I know I can go back to NL and get bootlegged booze from Saint Pierre et Miquelon by the fishtub load, should I be barred from liquor stores now?

Just because someone knows something that others nefariously do does not lump them all together!!!
My point is you people are basically saying you have ties to criminals and can get black market firearms at ease. The vast majority of the public doesn't have this access unless you know these types of people. What's the problem here, your just walking your own plank to me.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Yes as a matter of fact you shouldn't be able to own a firearm either. Feel free to judge my personality I just judged yours.
Alrighty then
I think you are a no account troll anti hunter who has no intention of even owning an gun and is on this forum to do nothing but stir up crap and make idiotic comments.
There is a hurt feeling form you can get from Silver Doctor and fill out and send to the moderators when you complain about this post.
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Did I say I know where???...I don't have a clue, but I could find out in a hurry
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
So as stated the liberal party of Canada will not bring back the gun registry even in a modified form as they have seen it is a failed policy and is to evasive to your rights to own firearms. By streamlining the way the process in which a person is able to obtain a firearm is a more sensible approach to building a structured firearm policy and a solid way to determin wether a person is stable enough to own them.

I'm not sure how much more clear it can get, mulcair wants to just out right come into your home and dig through your pockets to see what you have in there and if its not what he considers safe to the public even though you are, he will take it from you.

Streamlining the way people obtain firearms is a way to weed out the mentally unstable and other wise irresponsible person from obtaining firearms and in sense creates a better and more thural screening process and works to your benefit. As it stands now the RCMP call you and ask you a series of yes and no questions that of which anyone can easily lie about, the liberals are saying okay well proove the questions asked are accurate, perhaps a health record check from your physician. It is still evasive but no more than going through a life insurance process which most people have a

certainly less evasive than shaking your home down and confiscating your firearms like the NDP's want to do.

What a bunch of brown tripe....shaking down your home and confiscating your firearms??
Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM

I guess every cop and lawyer should be banned from owning guns as well because they have ties to the underworld and know how to get an illegal gun!
The guy is delusional, but entertaining in a twisted sort of way..
Cat
Old 08-25-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
My point is you people are basically saying you have ties to criminals and can get black market firearms at ease. The vast majority of the public doesn't have this access unless you know these types of people. What's the problem here, your just walking your own plank to me.

What is wrong with you?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Yes, but the criminals do! Who exactly do you think is committing crimes with firearms?

And why do you insist on calling it "streamlining"? More bureaucracy is the opposite of streamlining.

ARG

Quote:
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have no ties to criminals, I simply know where such things occur!
Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
This naive attitude is astounding. You probably leave your purse laying around while out in town too, because obviously criminals aren't just located anywhere. I mean come on, you have to know them to be exposed to them, right?
Old 08-25-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
No rational person would assume that just because you may have some insight as to where you might obtain illegal goods, that you must have ties to criminals. It's not like it would take a rocket scientist to find a source of illegal firearms, if you have lived in a city for a long time.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Gone Hunting

Here's an older clip and from the U.S., but some of the principles are the same.

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...36&oe=55DCBF17

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 08-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
By streamlining the way the process in which a person is able to obtain a firearm is a more sensible approach to building a structured firearm policy and a solid way to determin wether a person is stable enough to own them.

"Streamlining" usually means to make something easier. What is the Liberal part specifically proposing to make it EASIER or FASTER to purchase guns than it is now?

Also, what are they SPECIFICALLY proposing with regard to gun control or "making it safer for citizens"??
Old 08-25-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Here's an older clip and from the U.S., but some of the principles are the same.

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...36&oe=55DCBF17
or in simpler terms

The guy on the right doesn't care what laws/regulations are in place and the guy on the left isn't the problem.

ARG

Quote:
Old 08-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
So if I go thru proper government channels I will be able to aquire an automatic firearm of my choice?

Step away from the keyboard
Old 08-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Alrighty then
I think you are a no account troll anti hunter who has no intention of even owning an gun and is on this forum to do nothing but stir up crap and make idiotic comments.
There is a hurt feeling form you can get from Silver Doctor and fill out and send to the moderators when you complain about this post.
Cat
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Love this one! Just because I don't feel the need to follow the click of your or anyone else's opinion that makes me a troll ? This is a political thread is it not ? Rest assured there is no hurt feelings here as I think your comments are idiotic as well and your walking in the dark trying to make sense of something you have no rational clue about or is a mere guess on what you think.

It's funny how one second people can say I CAN get a gun in a bag any where any time I choose and then say well...I think I know where I can get a black-market firearm. Is it really so naive when some say they think they can obtain and CAN obtain black-market firearms when really they are just talking out their behinds on a real life situation that is a mere guess on what they think?

I mean if you say you can get one that tells some people you shouldn't own them because you have criminal contacts and somewhat puts you in the same line up as the criminal. I can deal with others opinions, if some can't deal with mine don't read them..simple isn't it. Is this a simple debate or is it a place to wine because people don't agree with your views, that's what makes a debate interesting and makes the winers who can't deal with others views look silly. I swear some of you just lay on the floor, kick and scream like a child when someone doesn't agree with your views, it's hilarious in a way.
That is beyond outrageous in so many ways. So basically what you are saying is that if a law abiding citizen who is squeaky clean like me, happens to know someone that is a little shady that it automatically makes me just like them simply by association? What if it isn't someone you happen to know and that someone is a family member who went down the wrong path? Should that citizen be prevented from owning firearms because they have a sleveen in the family?

I think I'll side with AO's resident firearms expert cat as opposed to someone who in my opinion does nothing on here but stir the pot.