Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
If the conservatives took a stance on firearms like the libs and ndp, and the leftys were pro firearms, would you vote lib or ndp? Curious is all. Totally hypothetical.
I helped Harper get in because of his stance to abolish the gun registry. And I still stand behind Harper. I would be more pleased if the left became more right hypothetically speaking.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixr View Post
I helped Harper get in because of his stance to abolish the gun registry. And I still stand behind Harper. I would be more pleased if the left became more right hypothetically speaking.
That does not answer my question. Are you saying if the firearms stances were reversed you would still stand by the cons?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gill View Post
Huh? Canada's economy relies on selling China oil without a pipeline to do so? How does it get there, carried by unicorns?

Hands up, everyone (anyone?) who uses a handgun for hunting in Canada.
That pipeline has to be built or else the Canadian Government will be sued. And I suggest you look at who owns a few mining sites up in Fort Mac.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
That does not answer my question. Are you saying if the firearms stances were reversed you would still stand by the cons?
If does not count in reality. But hypothetically speaking anything is possible.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
If does not count in reality. But hypothetically speaking anything is possible.
Why won't you answer my question? I'm only curious is all....
Old 08-21-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Why won't you answer my question? I'm only curious is all....
I cannot confirm nor deny answering that question.
I have my honor to defend.

It is like asking me if the world is flat what would I do
Old 08-21-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I cannot confirm nor deny answering that question.
I have my honor to defend.

It is like asking me if the world is flat what would I do
Right..... Gotcha.....
Old 08-21-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Right..... Gotcha.....
Right is right
Old 08-21-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
Dear LPC Canada... Since you recognize the need for 'smart' gun control measures, does that include OPEN CARRY for those of us who like to enjoy the outdoors?

Or since we cannot afford ARMED GUARDS like you, will you approve Open Carry?

Yep... that's what I thought
http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery....000012&EXT=pdf

Its a long read but very informative.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
That pipeline has to be built or else the Canadian Government will be sued. And I suggest you look at who owns a few mining sites up in Fort Mac.
China gets its oil from the Middle East and Russia and Venezuela.
They don't need our oil.
China invests here because they are business oriented.
Who will be sued if the pipeline does not get built?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
China gets its oil from the Middle East and Russia and Venezuela.
They don't need our oil.
China invests here because they are business oriented.
Who will be sued if the pipeline does not get built?
The Canadian Government in a International Tribunal is my understanding. Worst part is we won't even know about it if they do get sued. You can lookup the FIPA deal for more info on the subject. We'll be shipping a lot of Oil to China in the next 30 years.

Edit: Looks like the BC Government can also be sued under the deal.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
The Canadian Government in a International Tribunal is my understanding. Worst part is we won't even know about it if they do get sued. You can lookup the FIPA deal for more info on the subject. We'll be shipping a lot of Oil to China in the next 30 years.
Our oil is of different quality than the middle east.
China is not stupid and its farther away from here than from the same continent.
We will not be sued. But I will look forward to seeing it on the People's Court.
The pipeline is to feed the Pacific Rim. And China only cares about profit margins. They economically rule the world and has been so for about 10yrs or more
Old 08-21-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Well theres been actual research done on the subject and thats what they have found. Background checks have reduced gun related homicide and suicides. I haven't seen any data that says a gun registry prevents deaths. If the liberals try to take the guns from Canadians they might as well not run the next election. As much as I'm sure some in the party may want it, it's not what the majority of Canadians want. So if they try banning them or a registry its an easy Conservative majority next election again.
Just what is our PAL for, if not background checks? You are basing this on the US model. That would be fine, if the PAL system was abolished. So if they get in, count on taking 15 steps back. And it's not easy getting our gun rights back. How many things jumped off the prohib list? Under 4.2"? Nope. Regular capacity magazines? Nope. Select fire? Nope. Calico .22 rimfire semi-automatics? Nope. Converted automatics? Nope.

And the unfortunate part of this is, that as soon as moderate moves to restore our rights are implemented, the left wing media whips the urbanites who never handled a gun before into a froth.

Quote:
If the conservatives took a stance on firearms like the libs and ndp, and the leftys were pro firearms, would you vote lib or ndp? Curious is all. Totally hypothetical.
Tough question Moose. I don't consider myself a one issue voter, but as gun rights follow human rights, freedom and privacy issues I would have to lean whichever way was pro guns.

But common sense is also a theme, and the pro gun parties are much more pragmatic, and seldom spout dopey things like: "the budget will balance itself" or "rather from the top down, I want to grow Canada from heart, out".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Adventurer View Post
Well as stated in a prior post I have emailed all the candidates on this topic this morning, it is of no surprise to me this was my first reply. I'm not going to comment on this, I'm sharing..that is all

Dear Mountain adventurer,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding gun control.

Liberals are committed to creating fewer victims of gun violence and we believe in balanced gun control that prioritizes public safety while ensuring that law-abiding firearms owners like yourself do not face undue treatment under the law. We are currently developing an evidence-based firearms policy that is based on this approach.

Liberals will not bring back a gun registry, but recognize that we do need smart and well-crafted gun control legislation. Liberals do support measures that streamline licencing paperwork, tighten safety training requirements, and make it harder for people convicted of domestic offences to obtain a gun.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective on this issue. It is through consultation with Canadians like you that the Liberal Party of Canada can continue to develop policies that reflect the priorities of Canadians. To check out the policy commitments we've made so far and to share your ideas, please visit us at RealChange.ca.

Kind regards,
Nice! They even used your name correctly! Smart and well crafted gun grabbing! I bet. Tighten safety training requirements? Interesting to hear what that entails.

If they are so "evidence based", why not get rid of the restricted/prohibited registry? Really, we have about 100 years of data on this thing doing Dick all. How many gang bangers are using pre-registry pistols?

We have a bunch more evidence that the registry is used to confiscate, and that unarmed victims are easier pickings for criminals and animals though.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 PM

I see alot of sense in your words tactical lever
Old 08-21-2015, 11:15 PM

Extremely intelligent retorts, Tactical Lever. You've studied well and common sense is your guide.

Lefties are motivated by unfounded hysteria. To them, the enemy is lurking around every corner, and the enemy is themselves.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Banned

I changed my name in the header for forum viewing. We have under two months to go, as the antisipation grows on who will be our next priminister this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed for us all. My worst fear is having the NDP's winning majority...I am not speaking for myself because I will have no guns in my possession other than my duck gun and my t Rex killers will be gone. Do they honestly think everyone is just going to say okay here's my firearms information, do as you will Indian givers. If I had to make a guess I would say a lot if not all will be tucking a lot of steal away for a new government win. They will sit in a dark hole and then a good portion may make it to the black market if this crap is instated for long enough. Anyways Still no reply from the other candidates on this topic.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:19 AM

The only reply I get from the NDP is a survey and an invitation to donate to the campaign. NDP'S team is being very deceptive on the gun ownership issue
Old 08-22-2015, 07:30 AM

if the lefties win and come looking for my guns they will have to track down steve in camrose , you know , steve? he bought them all for cash and i did check his pal. sorry ,no bill of sale ,i threw it out.
i can't see how anyone could stomach voting for another trudeau , especially one as dumb as justin , i'm sure they only take his helmet off for public events.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:39 AM

the last registry didn't work the rcmp stated 70% of the did not register there guns. were did the get there stats from?I know that a few of my friends did not register all or some of there guns.I've had a hunting licence for the last
40 plus years,i'm not throwing rocks at the deer and moose.So ya they know who have guns.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:43 AM

10 dollar bow permit fixes that problem
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
http://poseidon01.ssrn.com/delivery....000012&EXT=pdf

Its a long read but very informative.
I'll see your long informative paper with another long informative paper.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=149029

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
10 dollar bow permit fixes that problem
Oh, are you anti gun?
Old 08-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Oh, are you anti gun?
Why would you get anti-gun from his post?
Old 08-22-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
the last registry didn't work the rcmp stated 70% of the did not register there guns. were did the get there stats from?I know that a few of my friends did not register all or some of there guns.I've had a hunting licence for the last
40 plus years,i'm not throwing rocks at the deer and moose.So ya they know who have guns.
Also, there are a lot of people who own guns that don't hunt.
I'm sure there are people who have a gun or 3 in the closet that dad, grandfather, or uncle owned before he died and one of the kids just stuck it somewhere in the basement or closet....they don't hunt and they didn't register it.
There has to be a ton of these types of situations, I know of 2 first hand. I've been trying to buy one .270 for 15 years, and he keeps saying, no, that was dads gun and I'd like to keep it. he's never hunted a day in his life.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Oh, are you anti gun?
oh yes sir , i hate guns , thats why i sold them all to steve , or was that bill ? bob maybe ? oh man , i forgot about that restricted hand gun , i guess i have to keep that one .
Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywiththemule View Post
What dreamland do you live in ??? If you are that naive, please do not vote! It has to do with complete disarment, period.
X2, the conservatives are the only ones who will not implement any further gun control measures and they are the only party who has recongnized hunting and fishing as a part of Canada's heritage.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
The scum won't bring back a registry, that l believe. They will just ban and confiscate your guns.
I couldn't agree more
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au revoir, Gopher View Post
I'll see your long informative paper with another long informative paper.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...ract_id=149029

ARG
Thanks for posting, I found it very informative and thought provoking and will be recommending it to others.

A similar quality essay that I also recommend is at
http://openscholarship.wustl.edu/cgi...=law_lawreview

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Who owns a bunch of mines up North? Why is there such a push on for the Northern Gateway project?
Or Keystone, Kinder Morgan or Energy East? It's all about expanding market access.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:26 AM
Banned

So as stated the liberal party of Canada will not bring back the gun registry even in a modified form as they have seen it is a failed policy and is to evasive to your rights to own firearms. By streamlining the way the process in which a person is able to obtain a firearm is a more sensible approach to building a structured firearm policy and a solid way to determin wether a person is stable enough to own them.

I'm not sure how much more clear it can get, mulcair wants to just out right come into your home and dig through your pockets to see what you have in there and if its not what he considers safe to the public even though you are, he will take it from you.

Streamlining the way people obtain firearms is a way to weed out the mentally unstable and other wise irresponsible person from obtaining firearms and in sense creates a better and more thural screening process and works to your benefit. As it stands now the RCMP call you and ask you a series of yes and no questions that of which anyone can easily lie about, the liberals are saying okay well proove the questions asked are accurate, perhaps a health record check from your physician. It is still evasive but no more than going through a life insurance process which most people have and certainly less evasive than shaking your home down and confiscating your firearms like the NDP's want to do.

Surely I am not the only person who can see that streamlining this process is a wise way to govern firearms and take some of the slack and bad reputation that we as firearms enthusiasts face..