Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2015, 07:44 PM

Honestly, after Alison Redford acting like the Queen of Alberta and then Danielle Smith poisoning the WRP loyal, I would be surprised to see another woman become premier in Alberta….
Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 PM

Brian really cought my attention when he mentioned that he had a trapping licence....

But that was it.. Not very strong candidates
Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckacards View Post
ALL politicians NDP, WR, PC , Lib...will tell you what you want to hear to get elected...It is the nature of the beast unfortunately..... When you have voted for a party you have heard something you wanted to hear... The hard part is when the party you voted for doesn't follow through on promises.
For the past 40+ years in Alberta that only applies to one Party, the PC.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Jimmy held back on what he wanted to say. Really too bad, but perhaps he was being conservative
He sort of reminded me of a whipped pup, cowering to the top dog.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:02 AM

Well, I recorded the debate and just watched it
I didn't see what everyone else saw apparently.
Brian, I thought, wasn't awful like many have suggested.
Not great, but not awful.

Doctor doom was really bad. Expect to see a new leader for them soon

Jim is Jim. He looks like a lying rat, and kind of is.

Rachel was passionate but super annoying. I actually lost respect for her personally, regardless of where my vote goes. Absolutely no regard or respect for anyone else. Too bad.

Overall, none of them helped anyone decide, I thought.
I still believe Brian has the best platform, his math wasn't out by $1 billion.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:17 AM
Banned

Old 04-25-2015, 02:51 AM

I don't understand how you PC/WR supporters can hang 12000 kids (this coming school year, never mind in years to come) out to dry.

Nor do I understand how you can hang those who need long term care out to dry either.

The all-mighty dollar is less important than the people who have built this province and those who will be entrusted with it in the future.

We're in a bad situation due to poor management over the last few decades. Marginal companies have been propped up by not having to pay their fair share. We have been denied proper recompense for our resources. The cupboard is now bare, and we're back in 1971.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:57 AM

When you screw up at your job repeatedly, we are talking major, train-wreck screw ups, you get fired. Unless your job is the governement of Alberta. As far as I am concerned, it is time to fire the government.
I watched the debate. I will be voting for the candidate who will best represent Red Deer North despite the fact that his party will never form government. He is a local historian, I'm not sure that anyone knows more about or cares more about Red Deer than him.

I am happy to hear that Redfraud's sky palace will be used to house Conner McDavid.

We, as Albertans, should take a cue from the Oilers Entertainment Group and fire everyone.

OneStyle
Old 04-25-2015, 07:11 AM

It's really too bad you Wildrose naysayers couldn't have been here last night and listened to our local mla Drew Barnes speak at our bbq.

He laid everything out, point by point listing all the unbelieveable monetary waste and complete lack of care over taxpayer money he's seen by the pcs as an mla.

Quite frankly the amount of money just simply thrown away by the pc's is such that I doubt many cuts will even be needed. The pc's unfettered and uncaring monetary waste is literally unbelievable. Hopefully it comes out in the campaign.

Fiscal conservatives and social libertarians, that's what Wildrose is.

You ndp supporters need to actually read the ndp's platform. If you did you'd be behind Wildrose.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suka View Post
It's really too bad you Wildrose naysayers couldn't have been here last night and listened to our local mla Drew Barnes speak at our bbq.

He laid everything out, point by point listing all the unbelieveable monetary waste and complete lack of care over taxpayer money he's seen by the pcs as an mla.

Quite frankly the amount of money just simply thrown away by the pc's is such that I doubt many cuts will even be needed. The pc's unfettered and uncaring monetary waste is literally unbelievable. Hopefully it comes out in the campaign.

You ndp supporters need to actually read the ndp's platform. If you did you'd be behind Wildrose.
Sounds like Drew did the usual WR critique with no solutions.

NDP is sure a scary thought!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:16 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post

?????....maybe start by cutting the waste is a very good solution....
Old 04-25-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Do you have a comprehension problem, or did you not read what you quoted?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, right I forgot. WR aren't going to raise taxes!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:30 AM

Didn't read the quote by the looks of it. Point by point explanation. Sounds detailed to me.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Doesn't fit into the party message so why would he ever bother to respond to that?

Seriously pages and pages of posts by what appear to be a bunch of party volunteers pushing the party message. Political debate? Pffft - more like yelling the loudest message without any consideration for substance while trying to drown out the others. On here and on the TV.

Notley was rude, Prentice was rude, Taylor was cowering and Brian who?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Oh, right I forgot. WR aren't going to raise taxes!
So you enjoy raised taxes?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckacards View Post
Didn't read the quote by the looks of it. Point by point explanation. Sounds detailed to me.
Yep detailed critique. No solution.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Doesn't fit into the party message so why would he ever bother to respond to that?

Seriously pages and pages of posts by what appear to be a bunch of party volunteers pushing the party message. Political debate? Pffft - more like yelling the loudest message without any consideration for substance while trying to drown out the others. On here and on the TV.

Notley was rude, Prentice was rude, Taylor was cowering and Brian who?
Now that's about as accurate as you can get!
Old 04-25-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Yep detailed critique. No solution.
'Cause stop wasting money isn't a solution. LOL
Old 04-25-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
I don't understand how you PC/WR supporters can hang 12000 kids (this coming school year, never mind in years to come) out to dry.
I was wondering about this. There are 35000 teachers in alberta. So each teacher gets 1/3 of a kid more this year?

There are over 2000 schools in alberta. That's 6 kids more per school. Which probably average out to having 5+ grades per school? Soooo 1 extra kid per grade?

The money/kids thing is a red herring. How much should we pay? What are other districts getting for their money? What's alberta getting?
If I paid you 2x more than I should of last year, then don't increase it this year even though you now have 12000 more students it doesn't mean there isn't funding...

Not saying that this is the case just that 12000 kids blah blah is half the equation. This whole baseline budgeting thing is a great way to vacuum our money up without showing any value.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
'Cause stop wasting money isn't a solution. LOL

Yep it is PART of the solution.
Old 04-25-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Notley was the most annoying she has ever been . The fact that she smiles as she talks about how bad the situation in Albera is a reminder she is not there for the people but for herself. I think she actually helped the PC party. Her actions are not unlike Redfords were.

Mack
Agree! And, whatever happened to proper debating rules? The mods were not strong enough to keep Notley's constant interruptions at bay, nor were they effective in cutting her off when her time was up. If Prentice had continually interrupted her, he would have been called rude and a bully.

That said, I was a WR member until last summer and did not renew my membership. I have not had any emails from them regarding this election. NOR have we received any promo material in the mail from our candidate. Or the NDP candidate! In fact, the NDP candidate did not bother to contribute to a two page feature in the High River Times...impressive.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-25-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Techer View Post
I was wondering about this. There are 35000 teachers in alberta. So each teacher gets 1/3 of a kid more this year?

There are over 2000 schools in alberta. That's 6 kids more per school. Which probably average out to having 5+ grades per school? Soooo 1 extra kid per grade?

The money/kids thing is a red herring. How much should we pay? What are other districts getting for their money? What's alberta getting?
If I paid you 2x more than I should of last year, then don't increase it this year even though you now have 12000 more students it doesn't mean there isn't funding...

Not saying that this is the case just that 12000 kids blah blah is half the equation. This whole baseline budgeting thing is a great way to vacuum our money up without showing any value.
Good point, Forest! I think schools need to spend a bit more wisely also. Recently an elementary school in Calgary had about 60 laptops stolen, which the media stated had an estimated value of $75K. What is that? Are these kids using Macs?? It seems to me that students and schools may have to learn that they can't have everything. And as far as all these new students...developers of all these new subdivisons need to be made to build schools to supply all the kids moving into them.

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-25-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Agree! And, whatever happened to proper debating rules? The mods were not strong enough to keep Notley's constant interruptions at bay, nor were they effective in cutting her off when her time was up. If Prentice had continually interrupted her, he would have been called rude and a bully.

That said, I was a WR member until last summer and did not renew my membership. I have not had any emails from them regarding this election. NOR have we received any promo material in the mail from our candidate. Or the NDP candidate! In fact, the NDP candidate did not bother to contribute to a two page feature in the High River Times...impressive.
I think they should put each one of those children in glass sound proof cubicles where they can hear & see everyone else speaking that in the debate. The audience on the other only has to listen to the one with the right to the mike. Then at the end of all - a no holds bar cage match.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Good point, Forest! I think schools need to spend a bit more wisely also. Recently an elementary school in Calgary had about 60 laptops stolen, which the media stated had an estimated value of $75K. What is that? Are these kids using Macs?? It seems to me that students and schools may have to learn that they can't have everything. And as far as all these new students...developers of all these new subdivisons need to be made to build schools to supply all the kids moving into them.
75K for 60 laptops isn't out of the questions considering the software and security they'd need to have on each one....
Old 04-25-2015, 09:17 AM

"No-one else has a plan. The NDP has a plan."

The supporters of this Statement make me laugh. They all have a plan. And some of them actually add up! (some are off by a billion or so, in case you missed that part).

My own personal opinion is that there is a ton of waste right now within AHS and the Govt of Ab (as well as others). Throwing more money at a wasteful situation begets nothing but more waste.

The party who is going to try and clean that mess up first, and then move forward, gets my vote.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

The supporters of this Statement make me laugh. They all have a plan. And some of them actually add up! (some are off by a billion or so, in case you missed that part).

My own personal opinion is that there is a ton of waste right now within AHS and the Govt of Ab (as well as others). Throwing more money at a wasteful situation begets nothing but more waste.

The party who is going to try and clean that mess up first, and then move forward, gets my vote.
^^^ this....
Old 04-25-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Perfect put
Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:

Well then perhaps he should have been the partys leader......because Brian Jean is a wet fish with no leadership appeal.

Mack
Old 04-25-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:

From what I've learned of the WRP they want a two tier health system. Is this correct from the WRP supporters? If not how are they going to fix the long term care bed problem in this province? I'm genuinely concerned by some of their platform because it doesn't add up. I've opened my self up to all parties again seeing as I don't have to vote for someone I EXTREMELY dislike now if I'm voting WR, but I want to see a concrete plan. The NDP's have that even though it includes spending more money on infrastructure.